Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #16
Pier60
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
Yes, but you see you were exercising that little perk for exactly the reason that the have them. You weren't trying to beat the system, you were playing within the rules. Even if they didn't have the "grace period" the chances are that they way you dealt with it would have gotten you that favor.

March 8, 2012, almost a year ago, they started to enforce the original rule again, we think in preparation for NextGen. They did indeed, allow that whenever you get there after the window opening for many years, but that has gone the way of the Model T Ford.
That's funny you know the exact date!
Pier60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier60 View Post
That's funny you know the exact date!
That's cause I'm a genius!
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

My family got reprimanded by the CM on Space Mountain last week for being ONE minute late. We were actually on the FP return line on time, but it was very long and moving slower than usual. Not sure why, once we got past the CM there was no back up at all, I guess he was just slow checking the tickets and letting people pass.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #19
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic

That's cause I'm a genius!
It was actually March 7, Mr. G.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 02-16-2013 at 09:16 PM.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #20
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney
My family got reprimanded by the CM on Space Mountain last week for being ONE minute late. We were actually on the FP return line on time, but it was very long and moving slower than usual. Not sure why, once we got past the CM there was no back up at all, I guess he was just slow checking the tickets and letting people pass.
I keep hearing this new uptight way is actually making the FP lines longer? Is this true? I am kinda bummed about this. I never liked to cheat the system but going with a 4yr old this time and we were planning on leaving mid day for a nap. Can you pick a later fastpass time?
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #21
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
I keep hearing this new uptight way is actually making the FP lines longer? Is this true? I am kinda bummed about this. I never liked to cheat the system but going with a 4yr old this time and we were planning on leaving mid day for a nap. Can you pick a later fastpass time?
Because when they got "uptight" it is surmised that they also started experimenting with just how many FP slots they could flood the system with, so they could maximize those numbers when FP+ rolls out.

And it has gotten much harder to pick one up for much "later". Because of the increased volume, return times tend not to be as far out as I was used to seeing in prior years.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #22
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
When I was their in january I witnessed a guest with hia family arguing with a cm and a manager about how all these years they have been lax on the times for the return and all of a sudden they start to enforce it. He was at toystory mania all the fast passes were gone. He was really angry they let him get on. Maybe disney should send a disclaimer with everyones packet or tickets. I know but maybe someone that g poo es once every couple of years dont
They do have signs on the Fastpass machines that tell guests they must return in the Fastpass window time, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #23
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
It was actually March 7, Mr. G.
Beat me to that but yep it was March 7, 2012. Since its been almost 1 year and there are signs and its written on the FP ticket that you have to return in your time this should not be a surprise to anyone. And after this amount of time it isn't going away so we all just need to plan for it. Personally, had no problem with it at all in October.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #24
lokin4deer
Mouseketeer

I was there last week and I had a CM tell me there was a 5 min grace period then later I overheard a different CM tell someone else there was a 15 min grace period. This kind of inconsistancy will cause problems IMO they need to be all on the same page!
POP Sept 19th-27th 2008 with free dining
POP May 30th-June 6th 2009 Moms B-day trip
POP Oct 2nd-10th 2010 Daylin's 1st B-day in WDW!!!
POP Dec 3rd-10th 2011 with free dining
POP Feb 2nd-9th 2013 with PS&D
POP Sept 14th-22nd 2013 with free dining
Fort Wilderness May 31st-June 8th 2014 Moms B-day
lokin4deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #25
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I've never tried to return after the time on my ticket, but a few times I've shown up 10 minutes or less early. Never had a problem with it. Yesterday at Space, I walked up 4 minutes early and said, "I know I'm a little early, is that OK?" The CM checked the time and waved me through.

I think this is definitely a case of "depends on the CM".

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #26
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokin4deer View Post
I was there last week and I had a CM tell me there was a 5 min grace period then later I overheard a different CM tell someone else there was a 15 min grace period. This kind of inconsistancy will cause problems IMO they need to be all on the same page!
The CM at Space Mountain told us you had to be there within the time on the FP, and we were past that time. He actually seemed quite upset about it. We were only 1 minute past the time, and he knew we waited on the long line to get past him. I think it's a little absurd to not have a 5 minute grace period, but I wouldn't count on being allowed in if you're 15 minutes late.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #27
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Because when they got "uptight" it is surmised that they also started experimenting with just how many FP slots they could flood the system with, so they could maximize those numbers when FP+ rolls out.

And it has gotten much harder to pick one up for much "later". Because of the increased volume, return times tend not to be as far out as I was used to seeing in prior years.
Okay so if you walk up now, there is only a 1 hour window at a specific time like before. If I know I won't be in that side of the park or in the park at all during that hour, I am out of luck? The CM's can't issue them for later times? Any FP for EMH?

How did this go last summer? Sorry, I have been out of the loop for 1.5yrs. I don't think park hopping or leaving for midday breaks will work with this.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #28
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Okay so if you walk up now, there is only a 1 hour window at a specific time like before. If I know I won't be in that side of the park or in the park at all during that hour, I am out of luck? The CM's can't issue them for later times? Any FP for EMH?

How did this go last summer? Sorry, I have been out of the loop for 1.5yrs. I don't think park hopping or leaving for midday breaks will work with this.
No, CMs can't mess with the times on the FPs. We went last summer and had no issues with FP. We only got FPs after checking the posted times, just to be sure we were going to be able to use them.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #29
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No, you have to take what's there or pass on it. We were there in mid-December and it drove me nuts. It never seemed far enough away to justify sending a runner ahead of the group, or doing something in another land and coming back. And it was always just a little longer than I wanted to hang out. Just sort of an awkward in-between.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #30
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

I have seen people turned away for being early, but if I were on a line waiting with my FP in hand and the time went by because of line issues, UH, I would ask for a manager or something if they did not let me on...seriously, they wont let you in if they CAUSE the delay...like the line moving too slowly, thats crazy...
that will certainly cause an UProar..

too many Disney "things" to worry about...and inconsistencies make for a more challenging trip...theres enough planning and Over planning IMHO...
where will we want to eat, Can we even get in, what time, what park, transport concerns, fastpass concerns, time concerns, line concerns, room locations, requests etc etc etc

Sometimes I miss years past......Disney was calmer, more relaxing ,,,,or is it just that Im getting older ..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: