Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #211
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Back of the fastpass.....it does say it. Guilty as charged, I am.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/frikitiki/4997685147/

Thank God the issue of a FP runner wasn't brought up, though. I would hate to think that Nontransferable meant my wife couldn't hand me her ticket in order to pick up a couple of FP for Space Mountain because I happen to be a faster walker than her.

Last edited by Mad Hattered; 02-19-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #212
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
My wie and I typically rode TSMM between five and seven times per day, all but the first being with FPs.
Then I am impressed. We usually travel in June, are there at rope drop and head straight there. Get in the standby line and then get a FP once we get off. Most of the time, by the time it is time to use our FP, the FP are gone or are very late. The most FPs for TSMM we have ever gotten has been 2.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #213
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

UNCFanatik, you never answered what you would do in these cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
If you found them in the ground, would you pick them up and throw them away so that no one else would use them?

Or how about you have already pulled your TSMM FP for the day and a CM offered you some more. Would you turn those down also?
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #214
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan

Then I am impressed. We usually travel in June, are there at rope drop and head straight there. Get in the standby line and then get a FP once we get off. Most of the time, by the time it is time to use our FP, the FP are gone or are very late. The most FPs for TSMM we have ever gotten has been 2.
You are doing it backwards, in my opinion.

Arrive at RD and stay on the CM's heals to the FP machine. Get FPs and ride using SB line. You will have twenty or thirty minutes until your FP return time. Go get a muffin. Exactly at your return time, get your second FP and then ride using your first FP. Enjoy your day, but be at the FP machine exactly at the moment when additional FPs can be obtained.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #215
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan
UNCFanatik, you never answered what you would do in these cases.
I thought that we put that line of discussion to bed. It doesn't matter what he would do in those situations, because they will not be possible in the near future.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #216
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
It would reduce the number of people in the FP line for that time period by one. Therefore, it would make the SB line 'faster' by one person.
So what you are saying is that throwing out unused Fast passes will help the people in the stand by line move faster.

I don't see that. I'm not exactly sure of the ratio of cm's letting in fastpass users to standby users and I'm sure it varies depending on the ride but I remember hearing something like the ratio is 20 fastpass riders to 1 standby rider.

But the ques are always full of fast pass riders especially on TSM or other more popular rides. So if a few people don't show up because they threw away their fast passes, the people in the fastpass line will move through a little faster.

I still see no benefit for the standby people if there is a specific ratio for each ride.
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #217
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
I am sure you would feel different if the rules were broken and you came out on the short end of the stick. You would be crying all the way to guest relations.
I would never cry to guest relations because all of the FPs for a ride were gone for the day. It happens, such is life. If it made that much of a difference to me that I'd make that kind of fuss over not getting a FP for a ride, I'd be there at rope drop and do that before anything else. If I didn't want to put the effort into doing that, that's my choice.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #218
tmbacon
Mouseketeer

Hi all - this is our 10th trip to WDW but admittedly it's been a few years since we've been there - obviously FP rules have changed. Can someone clarify: if we make it to RD, and use FP's for certain attractions, and then let's say around 11 AM or 12 PM, we go to TSM or some other big attraction, is there a possibility that FP's will be COMPLETELY sold out on that attraction for the entire rest of the day?

I apologize if this is a redundant question but after reading 12+ pages I'm still not sure I "get it". Man - Disney was a lot easier to navigate years ago.
Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom, Grand Floridian, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Port Orleans French Quarter (twice), Pop Century, Coronado Springs, Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, and a few off-site hotels too.
Did our FIRST Disney Cruise Spring Break 2010.

tmbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #219
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbacon View Post
Hi all - this is our 10th trip to WDW but admittedly it's been a few years since we've been there -

1- obviously FP rules have changed.

Can someone clarify:

if we make it to RD, and use FP's for certain attractions, and then let's say around 11 AM or 12 PM, we go to TSM or some other big attraction,

2- is there a possibility that FP's will be COMPLETELY sold out on that attraction for the entire rest of the day?

I apologize if this is a redundant question but

3- after reading 12+ pages I'm still not sure I "get it". Man - Disney was a lot easier to navigate years ago.
1- Not by much.

2- Yes. But, that has always been the case with the mega-popular attractions, especially TSM and Soarin'.
What varies with the crowd-level is exactly WHEN the FP's can run out for the day.
However, that's nothing new.

3- The only change in FP rules is that now, guests must use their FP's within the one-hour Return Window
printed on the FP.
That's the only change to the FP procedure that is in effect.

Last edited by Robo; 02-20-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #220
tmbacon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
1- Not by much.

2- Yes. But, that has always been the case with the mega-popular attractions, especially TSM and Soarin'.
What varies with the crowd-level is exactly WHEN the FP's can run out for the day.
However, that's nothing new.

3- The only change in FP rules is that now, guests must use their FP's within the one-hour Return Window
printed on the FP.
That's the only change to the FP procedure that is in effect.
Thanks Robo. We'll be there first week in April, guess we'll just have to assume major attraction FP's could be sold out. We'll just have to deal with it. A very busy day at Disney for us is better than no day at Disney.
Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom, Grand Floridian, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Port Orleans French Quarter (twice), Pop Century, Coronado Springs, Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, and a few off-site hotels too.
Did our FIRST Disney Cruise Spring Break 2010.

tmbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #221
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Thanks Robo. We'll be there first week in April, guess we'll just have to assume major attraction FP's could be sold out. We'll just have to deal with it. A very busy day at Disney for us is better than no day at Disney.
Just to clarify, they don't sell Fast Passes so they won't be sold out. The do however run out of them for the more popular attractions.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #222
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
Just to repeat a message that has been posted about a gazillion times. Over the past few years, from the beginning, they always enforced the "no early times" for admission. It wasn't until recently that the rumor of 5 early was suggested. The grace period after is there to deal with unexpected, legitimate problems delaying ones arrival, but, it is not public knowledge and is done only when a ride can handle it. The fluctuation of CM's may not be the CM's at all but the attraction itself and the supervisor determining if they can be flexible or not without causing a problem.

The only guarantee you have is between the first time on your FP and the last. If you get anything else, you need to say alleluia, have a magical day. I was just Pixie Dusted.
There's no such thing.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #223
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Robo. We'll be there first week in April, guess we'll just have to assume major attraction FP's could be sold out.
Just make sure that you go get FPs for these few very popular attractions the first thing when you enter the park.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #224
golf4miami
Mouseketeer

Sorry for bringing this one back up but I just read it and I have an interesting situation that I would like dadddio and UNCFanatik to comment on:

On my last trip to the World my Dgf and I were done with AK by around 10am since we were there for RD of EMH. However, we had already reserved a FP time to do Kilamanjaro Safari one more time @ 10:30a so we decided to wait outside the FP entrance to the ride until our FP matured. While we happened to be waiting there an older gentleman came up to us and said, "Hey do you guys want to ride this right now?" and offered us two FP for 10a. Of course we jumped at the opportunity to ride right away instead of waiting, so we took the FP. After we got off we decided that we wanted to keep our original FP as trinkets from our trip and didn't offer them to anyone else. Would you consider this net 0 effect or was accepting the first FP so far in breaking the rules that not giving away our 2nd set can't save us?

PS. This is something that REALLY happened.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #225
Boski
Mouseketeer

I think the "giving away fast passes" point is so small in the large scale FP over haul that it probably isn't worth devoting 15 pages to.
2012(August): Beach Club
2013(Sept): Beach Club
Boski is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: