Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #196
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
You are trying to put words in my mouth.

I had ZERO problems with people in the past going in at RD and getting as many FPS as they could provided that they used them.

AND I NEVER said that Disney never intended for people to get more than one FP per ride. NEVER SAID IT.

I said, that the way FPs were being used was not what Disney had originally intended. AND I said there was abuse because people were acting as a secondary distribution system for FPs.
I never acted as a "secondary distribution system" That implies my intent was to give them away. IT WAS NOT. However upon seeing that they were going unused I choose to be generous and not simply throw them away but to use them for their intended purpose to fill a seat at a certain time. I paid for my ticket and in turn my spots in line with fast pass. if I chose to be generous with my money and time then good for me. I am not sneaking in an extra person in line or helping a person who did not pay to get in. It is truly sad when we can not be generous because others get offended by the smallest thing. Disney bills itself as being the happiest place on earth. I don't see where a family of five in meltdown mode makes for a happy place. Random acts of kindness do.

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #197
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would have politely said, "no thank you" as I have in the past and moved on.
If you found them in the ground, would you pick them up and throw them away so that no one else would use them?

Or how about you have already pulled your TSMM FP for the day and a CM offered you some more. Would you turn those down also.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #198
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis

So when YOU are unable to get a FP for your favorite ride because they're all gone...snatched up by us greedy hoarders/pixie dust spreaders....I suppose you would turn down an offer of extra FP by a fellow guest because it's just so very wrong. Good to know.
It doesn't really matter since this is an issue that is 100% resolved with FP+/MM+. If you know that you won't use a FP, you will be able to simply give it back. You won't be able to give it to another guest directly because it will be tied to your magic band.

Last edited by dadddio; 02-19-2013 at 11:47 PM.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #199
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
I never acted as a "secondary distribution system" That implies my intent was to give them away. IT WAS NOT. However upon seeing that they were going unused I choose to be generous and not simply throw them away but to use them for their intended purpose to fill a seat at a certain time. I paid for my ticket and in turn my spots in line with fast pass. if I chose to be generous with my money and time then good for me. I am not sneaking in an extra person in line or helping a person who did not pay to get in. It is truly sad when we can not be generous because others get offended by the smallest thing. Disney bills itself as being the happiest place on earth. I don't see where a family of five in meltdown mode makes for a happy place. Random acts of kindness do.
Yes, you pay for a ticket but when you get a FP, there are terms and conditions of that FP. They are not intended to be sold or transferred to another person.

And the intended purpose of that FP that you pulled was for you to fill that seat at a certain time.

Intent or not, you acted as a de facto secondary distributor of FPs and Disney has rules against that no matter how you try to justify yourself in breaking them.

And according to the logic on this thread, if that family in melt down mode would have worked harder or put in more effort and planning in their day then they wouldnt be in such a sad state and should not be rewarded because they didnt put the work and effort into their day that others did.

And nothing is lost if you throw a FP away but others in that line do benefit from it.
UNCFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #200
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
It doesn't really matter since this is an issue that is 100% resolved with FP+/MM+. If you know that you won't use a FP, you will be able to simply give it back. You won't be able to give it to another guest directly because it will be tied to your magi band.
And I'm totally cool with that.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #201
Jennasis
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Yes, you pay for a ticket but when you get a FP, there are terms and conditions of that FP. They are not intended to be sold or transferred to another person.

And the intended purpose of that FP that you pulled was for you to fill that seat at a certain time.

Intent or not, you acted as a de facto secondary distributor of FPs and Disney has rules against that no matter how you try to justify yourself in breaking them.

And according to the logic on this thread, if that family in melt down mode would have worked harder or put in more effort and planning in their day then they wouldnt be in such a sad state and should not be rewarded because they didnt put the work and effort into their day that others did.

And nothing is lost if you throw a FP away but others in that line do benefit from it.
I can't help it ...Why should they benefit from my actions but not someone else?

Please...PLEASE don't answer. Seriously. As Dadddio pointed out, it's all a pointless discussion as the new MM+ system will not allow any gifting of FP. Let's just let the idea die a peaceful death.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #202
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

A lot of people are saying that Fast passes are non-transferable. Could someone please post a picture of where, exactly, on the Fastpass that it says it's non-transferable? I actually do have a photo of the front of one on my phone and it's not there, so it must be on the back someplace. Although I swear I read the back of my Fastpass and did not see that verbiage.

At any rate, one morning I was at MK and pulled a FP for Space Mountain. Sometimes I have tummy trouble, particularly when traveling and eating foods I'm not accustomed to for several days straight. Anyway, when the time came for me to use my Fastpass, my tummy just wasn't going to handle it. I gave the FPs away because, like I said, I must have missed the verbiage where it says on the back that you can't give them away.

I also don't see how anyone can claim "abuse" of FPs when they were pulled legitimately. Different people have different strategies on how they tour. The best time to tour is at rope drop. That's when the park is least crowded. If you elect not to go at rope drop, you're either going to end up in long lines or with FPs that have returns several hours out. It comes down to what is a priority for you and your family, and only you can determine that. It doesn't make someone else's method of touring "wrong" just because it isn't what you want to do.

EDIT: OK fine, I Googled it and found it. Like I said...I wasn't feeling well at the time so I wasn't paying that close attention. And really, how many people ACTUALLY read FPs?? Most people grab them, stick them in a pocket, and move on. It doesn't make "rule breaking" right, but I am betting that there are a lot of people (like me) that have unknowingly broke the rules. Ultimately...giving away a non-transferable FP is probably not the worst thing I've ever done.

Last edited by KrazeeK120; 02-19-2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Adding to post
KrazeeK120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #203
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeK120
A lot of people are saying that Fast passes are non-transferable. Could someone please post a picture of where, exactly, on the Fastpass that it says it's non-transferable? I actually do have a photo of the front of one on my phone and it's not there, so it must be on the back someplace. Although I swear I read the back of my Fastpass and did not see that verbiage.

At any rate, one morning I was at MK and pulled a FP for Space Mountain. Sometimes I have tummy trouble, particularly when traveling and eating foods I'm not accustomed to for several days straight. Anyway, when the time came for me to use my Fastpass, my tummy just wasn't going to handle it. I gave the FPs away because, like I said, I must have missed the verbiage where it says on the back that you can't give them away.

I also don't see how anyone can claim "abuse" of FPs when they were pulled legitimately. Different people have different strategies on how they tour. The best time to tour is at rope drop. That's when the park is least crowded. If you elect not to go at rope drop, you're either going to end up in long lines or with FPs that have returns several hours out. It comes down to what is a priority for you and your family, and only you can determine that. It doesn't make someone else's method of touring "wrong" just because it isn't what you want to do.
It is on the back. And I count really only one--it just seems like twenty.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #204
Jennasis
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeK120 View Post

At the very bottom on the back:

Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #205
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan
If there has been ANYONE that has been able to get 4 or 5 FPs for TSMM, I would be impressed.
My wie and I typically rode TSMM between five and seven times per day, all but the first being with FPs.
Quote:
And besides, they all have the SAME opportunity to be at the park at rope drop just like my family. How am I taking something away from them if they CHOOSE to not do the same. I did not lock them in their room. In fact, I am the first to tell them they should really be at the park at rope drop to be able to do all they want to do with short waits. I ALWAYS encourage everyone to do the same as me!! If they do, then there would be no worry about be getting an extra FP for that ride again because before I am able to get, they will get it. But I also don't think I should sit on my hands or stand in a 2 hour line when there are FPs available so that you can have a swim in your pool before coming to park and still get a FP.
It isn't about opportunity, or effort, or anything like that. It's about maximizing profits by making the most people happy.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #206
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys...I amended my post.

I can still think of about a zillion things I'd call someone out on before I'd call them out on the transferability of a FP. If that were at the top of my worry list, my, I'd have a pretty great life.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #207
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis

Well then you and I fundamentally disagree, but I'm okay with that.

FWIW, I've also torn the tags off my pillow cases and mattresses and don't hold the handrail on the escalator.
Of those things, the only rule that you have broken is giving away FPs.

Last edited by dadddio; 02-19-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #208
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:

WOW

Guess when I'm on vacation I just don't feel that superior to everyone around me just because I'm a Disney nut and love to plan and got lots of help from Diser's gracious enough to share their time .Robo was sooo helpful our first trip...I chose to pass that kindness on. Enough said.

ROBO I'M with you! HELP !

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #209
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99

Maybe I'm wrong, but throwing an unused fastpass away would not help the standby line move any faster. It would only help the fastpass line to move even faster.
It would reduce the number of people in the FP line for that time period by one. Therefore, it would make the SB line 'faster' by one person.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #210
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeK120 View Post
Thanks guys...I amended my post.

I can still think of about a zillion things I'd call someone out on before I'd call them out on the transferability of a FP. If that were at the top of my worry list, my, I'd have a pretty great life.
You are right.

I only bring it up when people claim there was never any FP abuse or they never broke any FP rules as was mentioned earlier in this thread.
UNCFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: