Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #181
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Help me.

Last edited by Robo; 02-19-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #182
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
So when YOU are unable to get a FP for your favorite ride because they're all gone...snatched up by us greedy hoarders/pixie dust spreaders....I suppose you would turn down an offer of extra FP by a fellow guest because it's just so very wrong. Good to know.
Yes, and I have turned them down in the past.
UNCFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #183
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
You are forgetting that those other people have put in the same as you in that they paid the same as you did for their tickets. As such, thy have just as much expectation to come away happy. At the end of the day, these people aren't going to be mad at the FP 'hoarders'. They will be mad at Disney. As such, it us in Disney's best interest to spread the happy, even if it means that you and I no longer get to FP TSMM four or five times.
If there has been ANYONE that has been able to get 4 or 5 FPs for TSMM, I would be impressed. And besides, they all have the SAME opportunity to be at the park at rope drop just like my family. How am I taking something away from them if they CHOOSE to not do the same. I did not lock them in their room. In fact, I am the first to tell them they should really be at the park at rope drop to be able to do all they want to do with short waits. I ALWAYS encourage everyone to do the same as me!! If they do, then there would be no worry about be getting an extra FP for that ride again because before I am able to get, they will get it. But I also don't think I should sit on my hands or stand in a 2 hour line when there are FPs available so that you can have a swim in your pool before coming to park and still get a FP.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #184
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post

Oh gosh, I hope I don't try to give you one. I'm not being mean - it just struck me. I definitely respect your right to your own opinion. I guess if you turned it down without telling me that I'm a rule-breaker, it might be okay ...
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #185
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

The history that will serve as context to UNCFanatik's ranting about people "abusing" the system by giving away FPs they couldn't use (I'm paraphrasing from memory of another FP+ thread) :
IIRC, UNCFanatik was all excited to take their kid to CRT many years back. And because there was a group of people who would scoop up the much-coveted CRT ADRs and redistribute them as pixie dust to others, UNCFANATIK couldn't get the ADR.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #186
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Well then you and I fundamentally disagree, but I'm okay with that.

FWIW, I've also torn the tags off my pillow cases and mattresses and don't hold the handrail on the escalator.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #187
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
If there has been ANYONE that has been able to get 4 or 5 FPs for TSMM, I would be impressed. And besides, they all have the SAME opportunity to be at the park at rope drop just like my family. How am I taking something away from them if they CHOOSE to not do the same. I did not lock them in their room. In fact, I am the first to tell them they should really be at the park at rope drop to be able to do all they want to do with short waits. I ALWAYS encourage everyone to do the same as me!! If they do, then there would be no worry about be getting an extra FP for that ride again because before I am able to get, they will get it. But I also don't think I should sit on my hands or stand in a 2 hour line when there are FPs available so that you can have a swim in your pool before coming to park and still get a FP.
But would you have a problem with that same person who swam in the pool before coming to the park and didnt get there until, lets say, noon, and another guests hands them TSMM FPs?
Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #188
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yup, I agree fully. So throw the FP away. Nothing is lost if you do so and it actually helps more people because the lines would move faster.
Maybe I'm wrong, but throwing an unused fastpass away would not help the standby line move any faster. It would only help the fastpass line to move even faster.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #189
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
So when YOU are unable to get a FP for your favorite ride because they're all gone...snatched up by us greedy hoarders/pixie dust spreaders....I suppose you would turn down an offer of extra FP by a fellow guest because it's just so very wrong. Good to know.
I was just going to say the same thing! What if I had attempted to hand you two FP to Snorin', UNC? Would you have accepted them and smiled or would you set me straight by explaining the rules to me instead? I can't imagine you would accept them and then throw them in the nearest trashcan so as to follow your own sense of logic. Would you?

Edit....nevermind....I just saw your earlier reply. *sigh*
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #190
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
I was just going to say the same thing! What if I had attempted to hand you two FP to Snorin', UNC? Would you have accepted them and smiled or would you set me straight by explaining the rules to me instead? I can't imagine you would accept them and then throw them in the nearest trashcan so as to follow your own sense of logic. Would you?
I would have politely said, "no thank you" as I have in the past and moved on.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #191
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Help me.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #192
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
I would have politely said, "no thank you" as I have in the past and moved on.
That's a good way to handle it.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #193
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Help me.

Best post on the thread, thanks, Robo!

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #194
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
FWIW, I've also torn the tags off my pillow cases and mattresses and don't hold the handrail on the escalator.

I just ran in and did that because of this thread!!
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #195
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But would you have a problem with that same person who swam in the pool before coming to the park and didnt get there until, lets say, noon, and another guests hands them TSMM FPs?
Believe it or not!!! I would not be angry. I would wish it was me but I never get upset seeing someone else happy. I have seen it happen and I have never been angry about it. Even if I wasn't able to get a FP for that ride. The choices I made (not getting there in time, choosing to ride another ride first or having to stop and go to the bathroom) is what prevented me from getting a FP. Not this little party of 2,3,4 or 6 got some FPs and were unable to use them. I just don't see the world that way. No one is keeping me getting what I want. It is my choices that may keep me from getting something I want not the other guy. I choose to not blame others what I do not get. I'm sorry if seeing other people have something magical happen to them while at the most magical place on earth makes you so upset.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: