Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #136
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
Better change your name and wear disguise the next time you go to WDW. Apparently Disney thinks this is one of the worst kind of crimes. Even sharing your FP's with your own children is frowned on by them!!

BTW...I don't believe Disney cares that much either way but some others have mentioned that this is one of the things that Disney is trying to "fix" with this new system.
I can be "corrected", but I can't be "fixed".

At least they gave SDMT a 25 day head start...
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #137
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Everybody, sing along with me... (to the tune of Kumbaya)

Fast pass plus, my lord, fast pass plus.

Oh, lord.... fast pass plus.

Someone's riding, lord, fast pass plus.
Auntie Lucy, lord, Uncle Gus.
They hit rope drop, lord, there's no fuss.

It's got RFID, lord, fast pass plus.
In a bracelet, lord, fast pass plus.
Tied to credit cards, fast pass plus.

Missed my window, lord, fast pass plus.
My ADR ran late, fast pass plus.
Had to lick my plate, fast pass plus.

Oh, lord, fast pass plus.

Only one E-ride, fast pass plus.
Glacial stand-by lines, fast pass plus.
No more park hopping, fast pass plus.

Oh, lord.... fast pass plus?

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #138
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

I managed three sets at once the other day, but that's probably about as far as I can stretch it anymore. I was winded.
Yup, our max a few weeks ago was three at any one time in the morning.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #139
razor58
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
I give up. I am not able to put the proper words in the proper sequence to explain my thoughts. That's OK, since what I feel about it and $4.00 will get you a coffee someplace. Not that important. It will be interesting to see how FP+ actually affects everything that we have gotten used to over the years. I think it's going to be tough sledding for both Disney and the rest of us for a while.
I think we all followed your sentiments and in a good way. Ideally everybody should have an opportunity to get a shortcut in the line of their favorite ride, but logistically it can't happen. Disney created a system that allowed people, once they understood the rules, multiple chances to get a FP to their favorite ride(s). Nobody was abusing the system, just playing by the rules established. With Disney increasing their costs every year (parking, admission, rooms, etc), I don't fault people for trying to maximize the value of their vacation, even if it means the acquisition of multiple FPs.

With the potential of longer lines, more crowds and dwindling "slow" seasons, maybe it's time for Disney to build more attractions at all the parks to spread out the lines and wait times.
razor58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #140
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post

Epic.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #141
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis

Epic.
Yep. Most awesome.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #142
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
We were always the evil hoarders that would collect FP throughout the day and end up with 5 or 6 for different rides when you could return at any time. We usually rode the ride in standby first and then grabbed a FP for later afterwards.

One of the coolest things I liked to do was to offer random people our unused FP's if we decided to hop to another park instead of staying around. Disney has ruined my magical feeling. I like to be nice and all, but I'm not going to hand my Smartphone or Magicallycraptastic bracelet to them on my way out of the exit.

Yeah, unfortunately, you were violating Disney policy. Disney didnt need you to decide who gets a FP and who doesnt. And you ruined others potential magical feeling by hoarding FPs.

PeterPanic,

What you are seeing is just a flip side of what they are complaining about. They think they are entitled to tour the way they always have been and now are just bitter and angry their advantage is being taken away from them. And I agree with you, PeterPanic, the way people were using FPs was not what Disney had in mind when they first rolled out the program. Now they are making a course correction and you see the bitterness and entitlement mentality come to the forefront.
UNCFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #143
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post

very nice!
mom2mickeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #144
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor58 View Post
I think we all followed your sentiments and in a good way. Ideally everybody should have an opportunity to get a shortcut in the line of their favorite ride, but logistically it can't happen. Disney created a system that allowed people, once they understood the rules, multiple chances to get a FP to their favorite ride(s). Nobody was abusing the system, just playing by the rules established. With Disney increasing their costs every year (parking, admission, rooms, etc), I don't fault people for trying to maximize the value of their vacation, even if it means the acquisition of multiple FPs.

With the potential of longer lines, more crowds and dwindling "slow" seasons, maybe it's time for Disney to build more attractions at all the parks to spread out the lines and wait times.
You are wrong. People were abusing the system. Violating written Disney rules. But of course, the rules are for other people when they inconvenience them.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #145
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

, and
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #146
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
, and
Yes, you should drink every time people whine and moan about FP+
Old 02-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #147
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
What you are seeing is just a flip side of what they are complaining about. They think they are entitled to tour the way they always have been and now are just bitter and angry their advantage is being taken away from them. And I agree with you, PeterPanic, the way people were using FPs was not what Disney had in mind when they first rolled out the program. Now they are making a course correction and you see the bitterness and entitlement mentality come to the forefront.
And I kind of see it the other way. The ones that aren't willing to be at the park at rope drop feel they are "entitled" to the same amount of FPs as my family that will be there at rope drop and spend 14 to 16 hours in the park. The way you see is even if you spend only 6 to 8 hours in the park, you should be "entitled" to the same amount of FPs as our family. Hmmm....more hours/work (not that I think of Disney as work!!) equals greater pay (FPs) or no matter the hours/work the same pay....doesn't sound like me that feels entitled. We've done what we needed to do to "earn" our FP. Don't be mad at us because you don't want to do the same.

And another point...you keep saying that Disney never intented for people to get more than one FP per ride. Where is the information stated?? Or is this just what you want to believe?
mom2mickeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #148
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
, and
I'll drink to that, Mesa! Thank God I can do that in MK now. I'm gonna have to pass the time someway or another.

Oh, and UNC....try and tell me the smiles weren't real when we handed those FP's to Honeymooners, teenagers or a Dad and son. Sometimes the magic is what you make of it. That, and getting there at RD and having an awesome plan of attack.

At least they gave SDMT a 25 day head start...
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #149
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
And I kind of see it the other way. The ones that aren't willing to be at the park at rope drop feel they are "entitled" to the same amount of FPs as my family that will be there at rope drop and spend 14 to 16 hours in the park. The way you see is even if you spend only 6 to 8 hours in the park, you should be "entitled" to the same amount of FPs as our family. Hmmm....more hours/work (not that I think of Disney as work!!) equals greater pay (FPs) or no matter the hours/work the same pay....doesn't sound like me that feels entitled. We've done what we needed to do to "earn" our FP. Don't be mad at us because you don't want to do the same.

And another point...you keep saying that Disney never intented for people to get more than one FP per ride. Where is the information stated?? Or is this just what you want to believe?
You are trying to put words in my mouth.

I had ZERO problems with people in the past going in at RD and getting as many FPS as they could provided that they used them.

AND I NEVER said that Disney never intended for people to get more than one FP per ride. NEVER SAID IT.

I said, that the way FPs were being used was not what Disney had originally intended. AND I said there was abuse because people were acting as a secondary distribution system for FPs.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #150
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
It's obvious that no one is understanding this at all. I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about the fact that your three more groups of 4 also did not get those FP's because the first group already got them.

I am obviously oblivious to theme park normality's. Apparently the perks that are given out were designed only for those that got up early and make a vacation into a marathon. I don't think that was the original intent. No one should lose if they snooze. When did this become a contest.

I will end my involvement with this discussion by asking this. Suppose you made a reservation to your favorite restaurant because you had a real craving for their special Steak and Baked Potato. You made that reservation when it could fit in with your life. You get to the restaurant and when you place your order they tell you that they were incredibly sorry but there was this large group of people that came in earlier and had ordered the Steak and Baked Potato and they were all out. They did, however, tell you that they have quite a few bowls of Cheerio's left and they would be more than happy to give you that instead, same price of course. Would that be a suitable substitute for what you wanted? I mean after all it must be fair cause when you snooze you lose.
Love your example, because the answer is YES! If someone arrives before you and they order all the food you wanted, sorry, but you won't get any. Thanks for making a great point. The people that think they can do less and get the same are a much bigger problem than those who are willing to put forth an effort to get what they want.

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
dpuck1998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: