Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Disney Magic Band News for Annual Passholders

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/04/06/d...l-passholders/

snippet-

Quote:

Today I also learned a few more things about the Band itself. As stated in my last related blog, they are made of a smooth material that is hypo-allergenic, heat resistant, and waterproof. After spending a long day in the hot Florida sun, the Bands may be washed with ease. I was even told that it would be safe to put one in a dishwasher; I’m not so sure I will be trying that though. Similarly, the sizing of the bands will be easy to customize. Both adult and children Bands are fully adjustable and come on and off with ease. And, something that amazed me, the children’s Bands are actually one layer of the adult-sized bands. You’ll notice this in the picture below:

Image: A child-sized MagicBand is nestled on top of an adult Band to allow it to be sized appropriately.

As we already knew, MagicBands will be available readily at the parks. With the amount of miles covered during a trip to Disney, it wouldn’t come as a surprise if a Band was lost here or there. Apparently, the company already a plan in place for this. I learned today that it will be very easy to get a replacement for a lost or malfunctioning Band. Upon hearing this, I immediately guessed that this would come into play with the sales of “designer” or character Bands, which, by the way, Disney is being very hush-hush about. In fact, I was told this afternoon that options like these are just rumors because some guests who are testing the Bands have customized them on their own. However, we have seen official Disney-released photos that speak otherwise:

Only time will tell us how the MagicBand changes our way of vacationing, and I’m excited to hear that Disney will give its guests options for customizing the Band itself. New information is forthcoming quickly now that testing of the system has resumed – it was abruptly halted recently, but that has now changed. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for this show to get on the road. Here’s hoping that will come to fruition sooner rather than later.

Click link for more details.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I know many are against the bands and do not like them but personally I'm very willing to see how this all goes and very eager to try them. Obviously disney has put a lot of time, effort and money into these so that can't be terrible. Again I think it will come down to personal preference on how the bands will do overall but I am very excited for these.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Question: Would you like to participate in a billion dollar experimental entertainment idea?

My answer: Yes.

I don't anticipate having my own billion dollars to experiment with, so I can't see a downside.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~I *LOVE* this article -- so much!!! This is the best write-up, I have ever read on the Magic Bands! Kudos, to the writer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I know many are against the bands and do not like them but personally I'm very willing to see how this all goes and very eager to try them. Obviously disney has put a lot of time, effort and money into these so that can't be terrible. Again I think it will come down to personal preference on how the bands will do overall but I am very excited for these.
~Yes, I'm excited about the bands, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
Question: Would you like to participate in a billion dollar experimental entertainment idea?

My answer: Yes.

I don't anticipate having my own billion dollars to experiment with, so I can't see a downside.
~LOL. You are just too funny.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
woodkins
DIS Veteran

So how do we go about getting the bands? I recently ordered an AP & will be activating it at the end of April. When I bring my voucher to Guest Services will I be able to get a band then?

7/14 BC, 4/14 ASSP, 10/13 POLY, 8/13 WL, 4/13 WORLDS @ASMu, 11/12 Aulani 9/12 AKL, 7/12 BC, 10/11 POLY, 9/10 POLY, 12/09 POP, 9/09 GF, 2/09 POFQ, 12/08 POLY, 5/08 POLY, 12/07 POLY, 5/07 ASSp, 12/07 CB, 9/07 AKL, 12/06 ASMo, 9/06 WL,
woodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
So how do we go about getting the bands? I recently ordered an AP & will be activating it at the end of April. When I bring my voucher to Guest Services will I be able to get a band then?
They may very well not be in place by the end of this month as they are still in testing. You can get your plastic RFID card in the interim. Once the bands are fully instituted, they will be mailed.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: