Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #1
shfrey
Earning My Ears

Free Resort parking for off-siters?

Is it possible to park at a resort parking area and walk/take their shuttles to the parks in order to avoid paying for parking? For example, can I park at Boardwalk and walk to Epcot or HS? Contemporary to MK? FW to MK?

Do they give you a hard time at the entrance or can I be honest with them?

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shfrey View Post
Is it possible to park at a resort parking area and walk/take their shuttles to the parks in order to avoid paying for parking? For example, can I park at Boardwalk and walk to Epcot or HS? Contemporary to MK? FW to MK?

Thanks!
No, you cannot. Ever. You have to park at the parks and pay park fee.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Thanks!
Those staying at BW are paying for the perk of walking to a park, and not having to pay to park. Why anyone think its ok to take that perk for themselves, when they aren't staying at any WDW resort, let alone BW, is beyond me. Off-site people are expected to pay for parking in order to access a park.
Sorry to sound negative, but I've returned to both BW and BLT/CR in my car only to have to drive around looking for a spot...but after nearby parks close, a ton of spots open up. But, by that time, I've had to park further away!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
shfrey
Earning My Ears

That makes sense. Is it possible to borrow an annual passholder's parking pass from a friend or Florida resident or do they bother to confirm it is yours? I just have a group of 12 with more than 1 vehicle and it can get expensive.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #5
fernfritters
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That makes sense. Is it possible to borrow an annual passholder's parking pass from a friend or Florida resident or do they bother to confirm it is yours? I just have a group of 12 with more than 1 vehicle and it can get expensive.
IME, they have always asked for ID for passholders.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #6
Ali
DIS Veteran

Ap holders don't get a parking pass, unless you count that silly gold discount card that they sent that no CM takes without a driver's license anyways. you have to show your AP pass and your drivers licence to prove it is you who is the Ap holder to get the free parking benefits. You will need at least 1 AP holder in each vehicle.

If you stay offsite you have to pay for parking. It adds tot he cost of staying offsite.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How about just coughing up the dough for parking? Seriously. Budget accordingly for parking fees or stay onsite. It does get expensive, and so does staying onsite to get free parking.

This type of crap causes Disney to add hoops to jump through that negatively affect the people that do follow the rules. I'll never understand coming to a Disney enthusiast message board and asking how to get around the rules.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #8
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Free parking at WDW isn't free. It's built in to the price of staying at a Disney resort and it's one of the reasons that Disney resorts have a higher price tag. If you want to stay off-site to save money, then you don't get Disney free parking. Your group of 12 might travel in 3 cars. $17 parking fee divided by 4 people in one car is $4.25 each per day. You aren't serious when you say that's expensive.

If you try and fail at using a friend's AP, that pass could be confiscated and revoked.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
nluvwithdisney
Mouseketeer

You have to plan on this as a part of your vacation budget. If a parking fee will break the bank, then perhaps you may need to re-think your vacation plans.

I hope I said that nicely enough...
Old 09-01-2014, 10:04 AM   #10
Lacoccinelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluvwithdisney View Post
You have to plan on this as a part of your vacation budget. If a parking fee will break the bank, then perhaps you may need to re-think your vacation plans.

I hope I said that nicely enough...
I agree with this, why should people who paid to stay at the hotel have to give up their spot for you and drive around trying to find one. If you can't afford the parking, wait a year to go and save.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #11
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

Disney resort guests pay a premium to stay onsite. Free Parking one of the many reasons that a lot of people choose to stay on property. I save $170 on a 10 day vacation with parking and that much or more by not renting a car. By staying off property you are making the choice to pay for parking. I would not want to take the chance that my car would get towed. That would be a lot more than the $17 parking fee!

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR, October 2014 POR

Old 09-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #12
dissupermom
Mouseketeer

rules are made for a reason- not to be broken. pay the money, or don't go!!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There is NOTHING you can do that is allowed by Disney in order for you and your group to park for free while staying offsite and paying lower for your hotel/condo. What makes you think that you can have it both ways? So what if there is more than one vehicle and it "gets expensive" Everyone pays for their own car or any other way you wish to arrange it with your party. When onsite people check in they are given a tag to place on their windshield and are reminded to always have it there so that they are not towed. It states the check-in/check out date and the make of the car.
It is not a privilege but something that they have paid for through their hotel room rate.

Disney is aware of people trying to cheat and that is the reason that DTD busses no longer go to the parks directly so you could not park there for free.
Another perk taken away from people staying on-site because of cheaters.
Imagine coming out of the park at night only to find that your car has been towed (and very deservingly so!) Not a memory I would want my family to have.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #14
xjay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissupermom View Post
rules are made for a reason- not to be broken. pay the money, or don't go!!
Agreed ! I honestly don't understand why there are people who keep asking for ways to cheat the system. It's not fair for onsite guests who pay that premium rate to get the extra perks like free parking. We stayed offsite last time, and we didn't mind paying the parking fee at the parks. But we're staying onsite this time, and even though we won't be having a car with us, we would hate to come back from the park late at night and find that we have to park super far because people want to cheat the system. Rules are in place for a reason, please abide by them.

Disneyland - Countless Times as a Kid
December 2013 - Off-Site *** December 2014 - AKL CL/Contemporary BLV/POR RR *** May 2015- Disneyland DLH

Our Little Family :
Me(22) DBF(23) DDog(Kapu) DDog(Keanu)
Old 09-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #15
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

if you have three vehicles, you could just buy annual passes for three of the adults... then you'd get free parking without having to stay on site... and you can come back to the park as often as you like for the rest of the year.

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: