Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Disney Visa and TA

I'll try to keep this short, but here's the deal. We are planning a cruise for May 2014. I've decided to use a TA for the onboard credit. He told me (and I've seen on other TA sites) that as long as I pay for my cruise with my Disney Visa, I can recieve an extra $50 OBC.

Today I called Disney Visa and asked them if we still qualify for the 6 months no interest on the cruise, even though we booked through a TA. I also asked if we would qualify for the 2% for rewards (as opposed to the 1%) since it was for a Disney Cruise. The man at Disney Visa told me that since we booked through a TA we would NOT qualify for the 2% or the 6 months no interest or the $50 OBC.

The deposit is still pending on my credit card, so I'm unable to look into it more at this point, but I was wondering what everyone elses experiance was with this. The pending charge on my card says "disney worldwide service" so I would assume I would still get all the perks for booking a Disney vacation on my Disney Visa.

Any thoughts?

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Unless there's been some kind of change, the person at Chase was wrong.
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
wehavesix
Yes, I really have 6 kids
Yes, I'm crazy but in a good way
One minute I was walking along and the next I was falling

Hm. My DH just used our Disney Visa to PIF our cruise. He says we got all those perks you mention and we booked through Small World Travel.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
I'll try to keep this short, but here's the deal. We are planning a cruise for May 2014. I've decided to use a TA for the onboard credit. He told me (and I've seen on other TA sites) that as long as I pay for my cruise with my Disney Visa, I can recieve an extra $50 OBC.

Today I called Disney Visa and asked them if we still qualify for the 6 months no interest on the cruise, even though we booked through a TA. I also asked if we would qualify for the 2% for rewards (as opposed to the 1%) since it was for a Disney Cruise. The man at Disney Visa told me that since we booked through a TA we would NOT qualify for the 2% or the 6 months no interest or the $50 OBC.

The deposit is still pending on my credit card, so I'm unable to look into it more at this point, but I was wondering what everyone elses experiance was with this. The pending charge on my card says "disney worldwide service" so I would assume I would still get all the perks for booking a Disney vacation on my Disney Visa.

Any thoughts?
I just used my TA to pay off a chunk of our cruise on my disney visa and can confrim I got the 2% rewards. I would've gotten 6 months no interest too.
I didn't get the $50 OBC because I had already gotten a deal on the cruise (10%).
Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Thanks to all for the reply. You all pretty much affirmed what I thought The guy at Chase was just so sure of himself, it threw me off, haha! Okay, now I can relax a bit, wait till the charge actually hits, then call again and double check!

Thanks again for all the replies!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

The person at Chase probably thought that the TA would run the charge through in their name. You should only use a TA that has DCL make the charge directly, and when that happens you will have the 0% interest option automatically.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
calismic
Mouseketeer

Just one more person confirming =). You will definitely get the no interest. We did this last June with no issues!

calismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
The person at Chase probably thought that the TA would run the charge through in their name. You should only use a TA that has DCL make the charge directly, and when that happens you will have the 0% interest option automatically.
And DO NOT ever let a TA do this. The charges should be run as DCL, regardless of what card you are using. There have been horror stories of less than reputable TAs who used the credit card to pay themselves and never paid DCL....resulting in no booking. ALL payments should go to DCL.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
And DO NOT ever let a TA do this. The charges should be run as DCL, regardless of what card you are using. There have been horror stories of less than reputable TAs who used the credit card to pay themselves and never paid DCL....resulting in no booking. ALL payments should go to DCL.

yep..very important

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

When it's run through DCL, what will the credit card statement say? Mine says "Disney Worldwide Service" I'm assuming this is Disney Cruise Line, am i right?

Like I said before, the deposit is pending, so I am unable to look into it more, yet...I plan on calling once the charge has hit

Old 02-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #11
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
When it's run through DCL, what will the credit card statement say? Mine says "Disney Worldwide Service" I'm assuming this is Disney Cruise Line, am i right?

Like I said before, the deposit is pending, so I am unable to look into it more, yet...I plan on calling once the charge has hit
The charge should say "DCL CRUISE RESERVAT" anything else is will not qualify for the APR or OBC
Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #12
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehavesix View Post
Hm. My DH just used our Disney Visa to PIF our cruise. He says we got all those perks you mention and we booked through Small World Travel.
same as this poster

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #13
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Yes, we use a travel agent....

We have always gotten our regular rewards---1% for every cruise, even the one we booked ourselves. (don't know if you get 2% with the new card they came out with last year, ours is just the regular Disney Chase Visa) I don't know anything about the 2% deal.

$50 for using the card, but EVERY payment including deposit has to be made with that same card to get this.

No interest for 6 months for each payment.

While your charges are pending it will show up online as : Disney Worldwide Service, after it goes through it will show up as : DCL reservation. (Just noticed this a couple weeks ago)

These are quoted directly from the card policy perks listed on the chase site:

As an ongoing card perk, pay zero interest for 6 months anytime you use your card to book select Disney vacation packages, Disney cruises, and Adventures By Disney packages and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i vacation packages vacations through The Walt Disney Travel Company, your travel agent, or online at Disney sites. After your promotional APR expires, your standard purchase APR will apply. For new accounts, the standard purchase APR is 14.24% variable. For existing accounts, please see your Cardmember Agreement.

Receive a $50 onboard credit when you pay for your Disney Cruise LineŽ vacation in full with your Disney's Visa Card and mention this offer. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise LineŽ vacation and ask for booking code DCC.

Sounds like your Travel agent knows the deal....the Chase person you spoke to does not

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas
May 2013 Disney Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by mammacaryn; 02-16-2013 at 11:57 PM.
mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #14
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacaryn
Yes, we use a travel agent....

We have always gotten our regular rewards---1% for every cruise, even the one we booked ourselves. (don't know if you get 2% with the new card they came out with last year, ours is just the regular Disney Chase Visa) I don't know anything about the 2% deal.

$50 for using the card, but EVERY payment including deposit has to be made with that same card to get this.

No interest for 6 months for each payment.

While your charges are pending it will show up online as : Disney Worldwide Service, after it goes through it will show up as : DCL reservation. (Just noticed this a couple weeks ago)

These are quoted directly from the card policy perks listed on the chase site:

As an ongoing card perk, pay zero interest for 6 months anytime you use your card to book select Disney vacation packages, Disney cruises, and Adventures By Disney packages and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i vacation packages vacations through The Walt Disney Travel Company, your travel agent, or online at Disney sites. After your promotional APR expires, your standard purchase APR will apply. For new accounts, the standard purchase APR is 14.24% variable. For existing accounts, please see your Cardmember Agreement.

Receive a $50 onboard credit when you pay for your Disney Cruise LineŽ vacation in full with your Disney's Visa Card and mention this offer. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise LineŽ vacation and ask for booking code DCC.

Sounds like your Travel agent knows the deal....the Chase person you spoke to does not
Thanks so much for this. I'm feeling much better about the situation. We weren't depending on the 0% interest or the extra rewards money, buy I just want to make sure I get what I'm supposed to. This is my first time using a TA and it ha me a little nervous!

Thanks again to all!

Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

I just booked our cruise in March with TA using Disney Visa. Got the TA OBC, the $50 DV OBC, 0% interest, and 1% reward.
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: