Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
married2mm
DIS Veteran

I'm not as keen on epcot as the other Disney parks,but still like it.
Spaceship earth,soarin,Ellen,nemo to name but a few.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

epcot has always been a big favorite with my kids - at every age...

both my son and daughter love mission space, test track and soarin...
and they adore the geeky stuff in innoventions east and west - especially the build your own roller coaster at the sum of all fears or whatever it's called...

and they also enjoy all the aquatic exhibits at nemo and friends (my son is a big scuba diver, so anything aquatic is good for him)...

they used to be less interested in the countries, but now that there is that interactive game (you use this hand held telephone-like device) they really enjoy it there as well...

we usually spend a minimum of 2 full days at epcot...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #18
sammie1884
Mouseketeer

I really love epcot, DH likes it but not as much as me. We haven't been since 2007 so looking forward to seeing what has changed. Not sure if our kiddies will like it as much as me though.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #19
Red-Snapper
DIS Veteran

From the description you give - sounds like US and IAO would be the better option for you.
Red-Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:24 AM   #20
stevechase
DIS Veteran

I would like to bet a few people think the same about epcot, but when you actually get there you do realise how good it is, it has a different type of appeal than the other parks, but surely that was part of the grand plan. We love it and love the fact it is different.

Steve

1989 - Daytona Beach
1990 - 2001 Various Spanish hols
2002 - All Star Movies
2003 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne
2004 - Tunisia
2005 - Varadero, Cuba
2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - Dominican Republic
2009 - New York & Port Orleans Riverside
2010 - Cancun, Mexico
2011 - Montego Bay, Jamaica
2012 - New York, Washington DC, Fort Wild Resort
2013 - Turkey (April)
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (July/August)
2014 - Benidorm
2015 - USA, NY/California, Florida
stevechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #21
Disney Princesses LW
Mouseketeer

another Epcot Fan here

Epcot is my favoutite park I love the world showcase, it also has some decent rides like Test Track I also love Askerhus in Norway for food cant believe its only 1TB credit

Most of all I love the walk around the lake on our first trip DH and I walked round once then when we got back to Mexico went around again albeit for the wine tasting in Germany!!!!

For older children maybe Universal Busch Garden tickets may be better for the rides
Disneyland Paris Feb 2012, Oct 2012 and March 2013
just booked again
Walt Disney World September 2014

Disney Princesses LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #22
zavandor
DIS Veteran

A bit off topic, but if your children like roller coaster, you could plan a day to the Tampa Bush Gardens. It has more than a dozen of coasters! Other rides are not great.
It's a 1 hour trip from Orlando and the entrance ticket includes (I think) also a free shuttle leaving from the Universal parking lot.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #23
Corky Morris
Earning My Ears

Have to admit my oldest is a bit younger than yours at 12, but his 2 brothers (10 & 6) & him would say Epcot is their absolute bestest park!!!
Have to say I agree with them too.
Great rides, lovely walk, lots of food choices too.
And you can have a different beer in each of the countries in World Showcase!!
Corky Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #24
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonijo View Post
We did not go to Epcot last time we travelled to Florida and now looking through the guide books i am not sure if it is worth visiting.I have a 15 year old son whose loves fast rides and a 9 yr old daughter,who to be honest, is the same!I would appreciate any thoughts/advice .
Personally speaking, I'd be happy to skip Epcot unless I'm going for the food & wine festival. I am not a huge fan but my DW loves it because she's a shopper! Our soon to be 9 year old DD would probably happily skip it in favour of DHS (for the big rides).

Epcot tends to be a love it or not bothered deal. World showcase is predominantly a shopping and eating area. During F & W it's quite neat but at other times, not so much (in my opinion). The big attractions are Soarin', Test Track & Mission Space, none of which really appeal to any of us.

I think it's worth seeing, but you could probably get away with half a day if you're not a big foodie or shopper.
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #25
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

I like Epcot; but must admit we always go to all 4 parks every visit. We used to do two full days in Epcot & MK. But now we tend to do just two half days in Epcor. One day we'll go early am and do Futureworld & then go back another day late afternoon to wander around Worldshowcase/have a nice meal/watch fireworks. Magic Kingdom we still spend two full days in.

Of the 4 Epcot is the one that holds least interest now - but I wouldn't not visit at all! If you haven't been give it a go - my kids loved it, Mission Space is quite a unique experience that would appeal to thrill seekers.

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic

Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #26
tonijo
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone,it seems to be a 'marmite'place love it or not as the case might be,personally I think we will give it a miss,i have booked a 14 day pass for Universal/IOA,Discovery Cove with Busch,Seaworld and Aquatica and i think i will pay on the gate for Animal Kingdom,but a big thanks for the replies it did help
tonijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #27
ukool
Mouseketeer

Out of our 2 week stay Epcot ended up as our most vistied park. Thiers a lot to do, the rides are pretty cool - Test track and mission space are great thrill rides. The world showcase is nice for walking round and thiers some great dining options and side shows. It really is worth a visit, also Illumintaions is a must see!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #28
StarWarsJez
Mouseketeer

Well despite me saying to the contrary, last summer we DID Visit EPCOT - despite the lack of Test Track over the key summer months which was a REAL loss.

However it was fun and is a nice laid back park and now Test Tracks back will be a lot more fun. However I do think Disney should spend some money as IMO they've underinvested there for a few years now.

Our highlights are..
Food - genuinely excellent
Test Track & Soarin'
The free coke place (wierd cokes from around the world - kids LOVE silly fun)
Some interesting if slightly quaint looks at other countries

HOWEVER in the height of the Summer, walking the World Showcase can feel like a chore due to the heat and lack of cover.
StarWarsJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #29
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Epcots now the least fave out of all the parks and it's not because I dislike it, it's just I love the other parks more.

That being said we spend a large amount of our time in Epcot, the variety in food choices is brilliant. For me the best bit is walking around the World Showcase, I love the atmosphere. I will confess though... I hate Soarin!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #30
CAROLINE4
Mouseketeer

My boys are 12, 9, 5 and the only thing they enjoy in Epcot is Sorin and i feel it is getting a bit dated. The thought of walking around and 'looking' at buildings does nothing for them!
i think i would personally not be bothered if we didnt go there again. I would like to see illuminations one night but that's it. I think it is very much like people say you love it or are just not that bothered and we fall into the latter! x
we did find character opportunities were easier here than at MK though x
Off site march 2007-solana, off site october 2009- formosa gardens and MARRIED ON COCOA BEACH!: off site April/May 2012 Off site Christmas 2013 Indian Creek Lisax is my sister!xx
CAROLINE4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: