Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
dizydreamer
Mouseketeer

Re-check in

I am not sure where to post this but I am in need of help. We arrive on a Saturday, have two rooms & 6 people with room only at our resort. We do not plan on going to any parks this day. On Sunday we have to check out and re-check in to get the pin code discount for the package that we have booked. The savings has made this worth it. Has anyone had to do this before and know about how long will it might take?

We want to book a dinning reservation for breakfast and I need to know if we will get our tickets and meal plan in time or if we might have to give up this tradition on this breakfast and do a different meal.

Any hints as to how quick this re-check in will take will be appreciated.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Whenever we have done this, we make sure the 2 reservations are linked (the room only and the package). This way it raises the odds of us not having to switch rooms. Also, when you check in on Saturday with the room only, make sure you mention to the CM that you will be starting your package the next day and would like to not have to switch rooms. Then the day our package starts, while my DW and DS are getting ready, I go to the front desk and check in for our package. This can be done anytime after 6AM. It's never taken more than 5 minutes to do.

Hope this helps.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
dizydreamer
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I didn't know it could be done that early. We have noted that we have a 'continuing stay' and were told to tell the CM at the time of first check-in. This makes it so much better and relaxing to know I can get this done so early in the morning. Thank you again. You gave me the answer I needed and wanted.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizydreamer View Post
Thank you! I didn't know it could be done that early. We have noted that we have a 'continuing stay' and were told to tell the CM at the time of first check-in. This makes it so much better and relaxing to know I can get this done so early in the morning. Thank you again. You gave me the answer I needed and wanted.
Glad to help! Hope you have a magical time.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
dizydreamer
Mouseketeer

Thank you. Enjoy your trip as well.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

When we first checked in we let the CM know that we had a continuing stay and had the 2 reservations linked (3 nights followed by 10 nights). The first night there was a problem with the room so the next morning we were moved to a different room. At that time the CM noticed our linked reservations and said we wouldn't have to come down to check out/check in. The new KTTW cards were delivered to our room at the start of our second res.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #7
dizydreamer
Mouseketeer

That would be even better. However, this breakfast reservation we do is for 8am. Do you think they could have the new cards to us in time to leave on the first bus at 7am? If you don't mind my asking what time did you get the cards?

Thank you.

Kim
Old 02-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
That would be even better. However, this breakfast reservation we do is for 8am. Do you think they could have the new cards to us in time to leave on the first bus at 7am? If you don't mind my asking what time did you get the cards?

Thank you.

Kim
Rather than worry about the cards getting to you on time, is it not easier to ask the CM if you can collect them from the front desk at 6.30 am (or whatever time the first person in your room gets up)? I think I would be worrying that the keys may end up being given to a CM to deliver to the room and they might have other rooms to call at first so delays can't be ruled out.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you.

Kim
They were slipped under our door at some point before we got up. However, we're not rope drop people so I don't know what time. I also don't know if delivering the KTTW cards happens often since posts on the boards have always talked about going to the desk to check out/check back in.

Since you're on a time constraint for your breakfast res I think it'll be easier for you to go to the lobby and get them yourselves. Before 7 AM I doubt it'll be very busy at the check-in desk esp if you're planning to use the dining credits for breakfast.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
dizydreamer
Mouseketeer

Thank you all. I think we will be heading to the lobby to do the check-out/re-check in. This way we can be better in control of the time and any issues.

This is a great place for advice and many points of views. Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: