Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
bebelle
DIS Veteran

Options for Four

We would like to take our nephew and my MIL to WDW May. What options do I have for three separate sleeping areas? I know there are bunk bed rooms in AK and WL. There are family suites at ASMu and AoA. Am I missing anything else? Price is not a concern but I do want just one room.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebelle View Post
We would like to take our nephew and my MIL to WDW May. What options do I have for three separate sleeping areas? I know there are bunk bed rooms in AK and WL. There are family suites at ASMu and AoA. Am I missing anything else? Price is not a concern but I do want just one room.
There's also the Fort Wilderness Cabins.

My family of 5 stayed at the AoA last summer, and we loved having two bathrooms. Having a queen sized bed in a private room for the parents was a huge plus also. The pull out couch is quite comfortable due to having no annoying bar across your back. The table bed was like a regular double bed. We were very happy with the accommodations, and would not hesitate to stay there again.

If you don't mind all sleeping in the same space (just different beds), the MK and Epcot resorts have rooms for 5 that have two queens and a daybed.

Last edited by AliceIn; 02-16-2013 at 10:43 AM.
AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Most of the deluxe resorts have rooms with two queen beds and a day bed.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

As Deb said the most of the deluxe resorts have the 2 queens and a day bed in there normal rooms. I would also look at the DVC attachments to these resorts. A studio only has 2 beds but some of the one bedroom villas have a king bed a double sofa bed and a single pull out bed. For sure these are available at AKV and BLT @ Contemporary Resort. Not sure about the others. This would give you 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and a washer dryer. If cost was no problem I would go with a 1 bed at BLT. It is within walking distance of the MK and if you get a TPV you can watch the fireworks from your room.
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by akl-fan View Post
As Deb said the most of the deluxe resorts have the 2 queens and a day bed in there normal rooms. I would also look at the DVC attachments to these resorts. A studio only has 2 beds but some of the one bedroom villas have a king bed a double sofa bed and a single pull out bed. For sure these are available at AKV and BLT @ Contemporary Resort. Not sure about the others. This would give you 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and a washer dryer. If cost was no problem I would go with a 1 bed at BLT. It is within walking distance of the MK and if you get a TPV you can watch the fireworks from your room.
The sleeper sofa in a DVC one bedroom is queen sized. It is in the living room. Like akl-fan says, BLT, AKV (except for the value villas) and OKW have the twin sized sleeper chair in the living room, too. And AKV(Kidani Village only) and BLT have a second bathroom just off the entrance in the one bedroom villa.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: