Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #91
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyMadlyDisney View Post
My pet peeve is the people who get mad if you don't agree with their opinion. The best example is the visciousness of those who hate DDP. Why do they care if i like free dining over the room discount? For some reason this subject really brings out the worst in ppl.
You are so right with that one! People ask for opinions all of the time, and then get mad when they don't like what they hear. Then they accuse the poster who responded of being mean. The first rule of posting a question on a message board should be don't ask if you can't handle honest answers.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #92
Pats Dragon
DIS Veteran

I love the food photos thread but it is annoying when people respond by copying the same picture over and over. Please stop it.

šOš WDW every year since 1971 šOš
Pats Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #93
Rileyf
Earning My Ears

The wars that go on here between deluxe resort people and value resort people. I find those to be rather silly. Comments I have read like "you should be happy just to be going to Disney" or my favorite "I would sleep in a cardboard box just to be at Disney" Really?
Rileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #94
HerRoyalHighness
Earning My Ears

Someone offering information that is SEVERELY outdated. Like 5 years ago outdated. Sometimes you just don't have to comment.

Other than that, my pet peeves are all over at the budget board...
HerRoyalHighness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #95
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
Also, when someone posts a bunch of pics on the picture threads and someone "quotes" the whole picture thread. Can't you just say "Hey nice pictures Bob" in a separate post down below so everyone doesn't have to scroll through the same pictures numerous times?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats Dragon View Post
I love the food photos thread but it is annoying when people respond by copying the same picture over and over. Please stop it.
Yes, a thousand times yes! Or when they quote an entire long post when they're only commenting on one small part of it.

I also get annoyed when people revive threads that haven't been posted to in months, sometimes even years. Sometimes I think people think that they aren't allowed to start their own threads and instead have to add on to existing threads, even if they're old ones.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #96
kungaloosh22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
3. I agree with 'ressies', but I throw up in my mouth a little when someone types 'brekkie' instead of breakfast.
Yeah, I have to admit that cutesy baby-talk names like this drive me crazy. Especially brekkie.

I'd add Cindy's (previously mentioned), vacay, kiddos, appies, or "the hubster."

"To start our vacay, I'm taking kiddos and the hubster to Cindy's for brekkie."
kungaloosh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #97
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungaloosh22 View Post
Yeah, I have to admit that cutesy baby-talk names like this drive me crazy. Especially brekkie.

I'd add Cindy's (previously mentioned), vacay, kiddos, appies, or "the hubster."

"To start our vacay, I'm taking kiddos and the hubster to Cindy's for brekkie."
But I'm still trying for a ressie. And we are going Chrissie (figure that one out).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #98
neptuneflame
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitohoney
People who have to point out that they are staying club level.
^this. 1000x this.

May 1987, June 1998, May 2002 *engagement trip*, Dec/Jan 2003/4 *Honeymoon*, Mar 2005 (Disneyland), June 2005, Jan 2007, Mar 2008, Oct 2008, Jun 2009 (Disneyland), Mar 2011 *DD's first trip!*, Oct 2011, Jan 2013 *DS's first trip!*, Mar 2014 *DNephew's first trip!*, Oct 2014
neptuneflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #99
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

It bothers me when people say they will never go back to a certain resort because the room had wallpaper peeling, scuff marks on the furniture, stains on the carpet, a light bulb burned out, a broken drawer, a leaking faucet, mildew around the tub tile, etc. They think the hotel room should be alsolutely perfect like they are the first guest to ever stay there? THOUSANDS of people have stayed in that room and it is amazing that Disney keeps them looking as good as they do And it certainly wouldn't ruin my vacation or keep me from returning to a certain resort.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #100
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

I dislike when someone will post a negative about their current resort experience like "My room was not ready on time and our room had a funny smell" and the someone says "HEY DON'T LET IT RUIN YOUR VACATION BRO CHILL OUT"

As if pointing out any negative means you are obsessed with the issue to the point of having your vacation ruined.
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #101
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Another pet peeve: people who get seriously aggravated that their room wasn't ready exactly at whatever the published check-in time is. That's when check-in starts, not the exact moment at which each party arriving at that property that day will automagically have immediate access to their room.

It's even worse when the post is something like, "We always stay at ____, we love it, we go five times a year for the last xx years, but this last trip was horrible and we're NEVER going back. We've always been able to get into our room when we arrive no matter how early it is, but not this time. Our room wasn't ready until 4:20!!!!! Check-in is 4 PM! How DARE they make us wait????"
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #102
samacita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungaloosh22

Even "kiddos"? I wonder if that's a regional thing. We say kiddos all the time in conversation even, not as a cutesy term, but just as a synonym for kids/children. It never occurred to me that it might be weird...
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #103
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
Well since you asked...my pet pet peeves are...

The posters that have self appointed themselves as as Disney parking, swimming pool, resort mug use etc. police. So one or two posters kindly state the rules but is it really necessary for the entire parking or mug use police force to jump all over the OP?

I also have to agree with the poster who stated the nastiness on the boards was their pet peeve. I have been around the DIS a long time, even before the 1999 server crash, and it seems to have gotten so much worse in the last 5 years or so. Or maybe I have just gotten more sensitive?
This!! While there is a Welcome to the DISBoards page and stickies giving the info pretty darn clearly on frequent topics and questions, there are many that choose to just make the thread anyways! No one's perfect, and they just want to get the answer to their question. Fine.
Once there is one or two comments stating the rules for these hot topics, we don't need to reiterate for 3 pages the rules and how some have bended the rules, the and the 'how dare you break the rules' and 'so what if I do?' back and forth until the thread is inevitably closed. Answer the question ONCE, refer them to the sticky, and be done with it.

disneydee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #104
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

One of my biggest dis pet peeves is able bodied people who think they can tell just by looking at someone if they need an electric scooter or wheelchair. So ignorant and judgemental. I don't use one and hope never to and I thank God that I am able to walk. Why would anyone who is blessed to be healthy enough to walk for extended periods of time get so worked up about people in ecv's?

On a lighter note refillable mug wars is so tired. People are going to do what they are going to do. I for one could care less what people do with their old mugs.
mamaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #105
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

My sister and I were on the phone discussing our upcoming Disney trip. She was on speaker since I was wiping the kitchen countertops down

It went something like this:

Sister: so three of you are doing the darkside for 2 days before Disney?
Me: Yup! Gonna visit WWOHP again.
Sister:So what are the plans for our first Disney day?
Me: POR at 6:30am, AK at 8
Me So after AK we will go back to POR and get our room
Sister Then what, do we have an ADR?
Me. Yes at POR or we can cancel the ADR and do QS at DTD
Sister sounds good
Me: Unless we nab some tics for the Dessert Party so in that case we will go to MK afte RaR at POR

My husband was and semi-mad at the same time. He asked me to discuss any future plans in English so that he could at least understand it.

The funny thing is that my sister is not, nor never will be, a member here or on any other message board. She picked up the Dis-slang from me when we were in the early stages of planning..and we do it because it is funny.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: