Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #46
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

What I find incredible is when someone ask a question and they don't get the answer they want or in THEIR required time frame they go ballistic and start attacking. C'mon People. The folks on this board have other lives. Maybe your question got missed. Maybe someone else may have a better answer. DIS (and the world) is full of prima dona's that think you owe them something. NOW.

Or how about this one. When someone doesn't like an attraction or resort and they start attacking it and the CM's that work there. Ok. You had a bad experience. We all do. You can post that. But when they start attacking over and over and over........It gets old. And obviously someone likes it.

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #47
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
I stand by my assertion that the Coronado Springs resort reminds me of Taco Bell which uses a similar architecture, color scheme, and art style. People unfamiliar with the resort are looking for opinions and impressions about if and I am glad to share mine. Let's keep this "pet peeves" list general and not personal, it's just light hearted fun after all!
My pet peeve is posters telling other posters how they should post, and what topics are ok to post.

My actual pet peeve would be posters who insist that everything will go right on other poster's vacations, and that all will be Fairy Dust and Sunshine.

Stuff does go wrong, even at WDW. Things get stolen, your "guaranteed connecting rooms" may end up not so guaranteed, and they may close the pool down without telling the guests ahead of time. Don't insist you are positive nothing will go wrong! You do no one any favors by doing that. Give people all the facts and let them make informed decisions.
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #48
ChoppityChops
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
This thread is hilarious - I love it!

My biggest pet peeve is the personal attacks. Completely unnecessary and annoying to wade through when I'm hunting for useful information.

Now that's just stupid.

JOKING!!!

1) I agree entirely

2) People whose subject lines are too vague. "WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?!?!?!" "HELP PLEASE!" "TACOS!"

3) Which brings up the urgency factor - you don't need to type in caps and use that many punctuation marks if you're just trying to figure out which pool is better for your family of 17 for your stay in August 2016.... That's not pressing and yelling doesn't help anyone... hahah That sort of subject-line and text should be reserved for things like "I'm at POR stuck in my room with an alligator in the bathroom and the floor is getting covered in lava and phones don't work just my internet signal could someone please call the resort for me and have them help me out?!"
ChoppityChops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #49
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppityChops View Post
Now that's just stupid.

JOKING!!!

1) I agree entirely

2) People whose subject lines are too vague. "WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?!?!?!" "HELP PLEASE!" "TACOS!"

3) Which brings up the urgency factor - you don't need to type in caps and use that many punctuation marks if you're just trying to figure out which pool is better for your family of 17 for your stay in August 2016.... That's not pressing and yelling doesn't help anyone... hahah That sort of subject-line and text should be reserved for things like "I'm at POR stuck in my room with an alligator in the bathroom and the floor is getting covered in lava and phones don't work just my internet signal could someone please call the resort for me and have them help me out?!"

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #50
bitohoney
DIS Veteran

People who have to point out that they are staying club level.

Tons of DL trips, CBR June 2005 (1st time at WDW), SoG May 2007, Disneyland December/January 2007/2008, Pop August 2008, AKL April 2009, GF April 2010, ASMovies Oct 2010, POFQ Dec 2011, Disneyland Hotel May/June 2012, BCV Feb 2013, BWV May 2014, POR May 2015
bitohoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #51
croach
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessc79 View Post
Pet peeve threads LOL

You have to admit that is funny.

But I didn't realize there was so much dis boards angst.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #52
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Well since you asked...my pet pet peeves are...

The posters that have self appointed themselves as as Disney parking, swimming pool, resort mug use etc. police. So one or two posters kindly state the rules but is it really necessary for the entire parking or mug use police force to jump all over the OP?

I also have to agree with the poster who stated the nastiness on the boards was their pet peeve. I have been around the DIS a long time, even before the 1999 server crash, and it seems to have gotten so much worse in the last 5 years or so. Or maybe I have just gotten more sensitive?
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #53
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post
I despise the person who came up with "ressies"
Oh, what about calling CRT, "Cindy's"!!!!!! What,you're eating in the castle so now you're on a new nickname basis? That's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #54
SA mom
DIS Veteran

My pet peeve is threads about pet peeves....yet I've read the whole thing!

I guess I don't really have a pet peeve on the boards, but it does make me snicker when someone starts a thread that says something like," Help!!!! Which ride/attraction/show/store/restaurant/etc.? I'm leaving tomorrow!!!!" And then I see no one responded and it's been days since they posted. Hope they figured it out.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #55
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Thought of another one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
This thread is hilarious - I love it!

My biggest pet peeve is the personal attacks. Completely unnecessary and annoying to wade through when I'm hunting for useful information.
Agree with this one. No need to be nasty with people.

But....one other one....and while realizing that the Dis is a great resource for information and planning...I do NOT for the life of me understand why people who are "Here Now" and need an answer to question about the place where they are....don't simply walk out of their door and go get an answer, instead of posting on an Internet board and wait for an answer...from people who aren't there right now...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #56
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
What I find incredible is when someone ask a question and they don't get the answer they want or in THEIR required time frame they go ballistic and start attacking. C'mon People. The folks on this board have other lives. Maybe your question got missed. Maybe someone else may have a better answer. DIS (and the world) is full of prima dona's that think you owe them something. NOW.

Or how about this one. When someone doesn't like an attraction or resort and they start attacking it and the CM's that work there. Ok. You had a bad experience. We all do. You can post that. But when they start attacking over and over and over........It gets old. And obviously someone likes it.
I couldn't have said it better!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #57
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
Well since you asked...my pet pet peeves are...

The posters that have self appointed themselves as as Disney parking, swimming pool, resort mug use etc. police. So one or two posters kindly state the rules but is it really necessary for the entire parking or mug use police force to jump all over the OP?

I also have to agree with the poster who stated the nastiness on the boards was their pet peeve. I have been around the DIS a long time, even before the 1999 server crash, and it seems to have gotten so much worse in the last 5 years or so. Or maybe I have just gotten more sensitive?
This! . I've been around a while also even if it doesn't look like it. I had another user id once (years ago), lost all that info and decided it was easier to just start over.....

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #58
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I can understand a first time visitor being overwhelmed with resort choices and wanting help making their selection. But they need to give us enough information to give them an informed opinion based on THEIR needs, not what works best for us. Most of my trips are solo, so my needs aren't going to be the same as a family of five. If you tell me it's your first visit, you have little kids and want to spend most of your time at MK, but you're on a very strict budget . . .that gives me something to work with.

I also think that a lot of the "here now" threads come up because people are new, and they have read here many times that CM's aren't reliable (which we know some are, and some aren't ) So if they have asked a couple different CM's and received two different answers, I don't have a problem with them asking here as well. But it would be nice if they let us know that they checked at the front desk and the lobby concierge and got two different answers when they post.

So I guess my pet peeve is not having enough info in the original post to really be able to help someone out.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #59
gonzalj1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2

Lol I have been guilty of similar posts. I also laugh at the posts where people are like "had the worst experience ever because my family of 25 with six connecting rooms seven food allergies and my 2 grandparents with severe dementia did not get all,of their requests honored and I had to walk down a hallway to get to my room instead of being teleported there"
When did they start teleporting? My last vacation I had to walk everywhere. Darn.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #60
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
I dislike people who refer to an entire resort as "Taco Bell" themed because they can't understand the difference between Mayan themed and Mexican fast food restaurant chain.

Oh and they do this multiple times, whenever someone asks a question about the resort.
I get what you're saying man! Seriously, though, for those of us who are on here a lot and try to answer questions honestly, we also know some posters who will always post the exact same thing whether or not it applies to that particular situation.

Yes, we KNOW you didn't like the room location and we KNOW that you didn't like the walk from the parking lot so we KNOW that you won't stay there again. But that's a specific situational answer to a general question about a resort, and doesn't help anybody. It just gives you another opportunity to complain!

My peeve, mentioned already, is "will I like?" or "which xxx for a 4 yo boy", "tell me the good, bad and ugly about ..." or as others have mentioned, "how do I get upgraded/special/secret stuff".

I also wish more people would realize that there is a giant website called WDWINFO that has so much information that you should read BEFORE you ask questions. That's step 1 before searching the DISboards.

Thanks for the soap box. All said in love of course.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: