Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #136
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah
My pet peeve will probably sound silly but...
I really get irritated when someone decides to spend thousands of dollars on a vacation, and then post asking if the condiments at the food court are free because breakfast is just too expensive so we're bringing having bread delivered and don't want to buy peanut butter and plastic utensils.... Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't walk into a McDonalds to grab a straw or salt for something I bought elsewhere.
110% agree. It shocks me to read these posts on here.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #137
Rileyf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
My pet peeve will probably sound silly but...
I really get irritated when someone decides to spend thousands of dollars on a vacation, and then post asking if the condiments at the food court are free because breakfast is just too expensive so we're bringing having bread delivered and don't want to buy peanut butter and plastic utensils.... Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't walk into a McDonalds to grab a straw or salt for something I bought elsewhere.
To add to this people that spend thousands of dollars on a vacatio and then complain that it takes them two hours to get their dinner reservations. Budget some money for taxis, rent a car, or just deal with it. I personally cant understand why people are so put off that they should have to spend money on taxis. Any where else you vacation you would.
Rileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #138
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
Mine have been mentioned already:

1. Copying all the photos when replying to a post. Ugh.

2. Using the resort-specific threads as a chat room. I understand that friendships are formed on DIS and that's great -- start a new thread for it and let the resort thread remain about the resort. So hard to find information/get answers on some of those threads because of it.

3. "What's the weather like...." Weather.com anyone?

4. People who get personally offended when someone doesn't share their opinion about a resort. If everyone liked the same things, Disney wouldn't have so many completely different resorts.

5. Answers along the lines of, "Well, I've never stayed there, but here's why I hate it...." Wha?
Yes, this is one of my pet peeves too!!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #139
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
As we have all deviated a bit from the resorts part of this here is something that really bugs me:

Just because you don't like something at WDW doesn't mean it is bad and needs to be fixed to your standards. People complain all the time about how they don't like a certain ride or resort or menu, and IT MUST BE CHANGED TO HOW I LIKE IT!!!!

No it doesn't. Some of us like Malestrom, or the burgers at Pecos Bills, or the theming of the food court at POFQ. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is wrong or bad. We don't all like the same things. Go eat somewhere where you like the menu and the decor, stay somewhere where you like the theming. Plenty of stuff to chose from at WDW.
What? You don't think the kids menu at BOG should be changed because there's nothing on it my kids will eat???

(Totally kidding....I don't even have any kids)
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #140
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat

2. Using the resort-specific threads as a chat room. I understand that friendships are formed on DIS and that's great -- start a new thread for it and let the resort thread remain about the resort. So hard to find information/get answers on some of those threads because of it.
I agree! Not only hard to find info but it made me feel as if I had plopped myself into a coffee klatch and was intruding when I asked questions. I felt as if only other "outsiders" responded to my questions and my post expressing my " thanks!"
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #141
ReluctantDisaholic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungaloosh22 View Post
Yeah, I have to admit that cutesy baby-talk names like this drive me crazy. Especially brekkie.

I'd add Cindy's (previously mentioned), vacay, kiddos, appies, or "the hubster."

"To start our vacay, I'm taking kiddos and the hubster to Cindy's for brekkie."
Ditto - and "souvies"!
March 2013 - POR
March 2014 - POR/POFQ
August 2015 - Beach Club??

ReluctantDisaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #142
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

My pet peeves:

When a question is asked and rather than posting an answer, someone posts a thread link.

OR

When someone wants to discusss an article but only posts a link to the article instead of the information.

Or

When someone feels it is their job to be the grammar police.
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
acourtwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #143
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Just want to add that this thread is hilarious!

I agree with much of what has been said.

One of my pet peeves is people recommending the same resort to everyone, regardless of what the requests/specifics are (like cost, number of people, age, interests, etc.)

And the endless pool hopping and refillable mug ones...

And the people who seem genuinely upset because they booked a standard view room and then weren't "magically" upgraded at check-in...

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *

Last edited by mmmears; 02-18-2013 at 08:12 PM.
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #144
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

My biggest pet peeve are the morality police on here.

The ones who tell you how you should behave or how you should react or not react to stuff.
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #145
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Denise View Post
My biggest pet peeve:

When someone has a bad time/issue at Disney and they hear from the Disneycheer squad.

" When you get lemons, make lemonade" or

" a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work"

Um, not always. Sometimes people have valid gripes and they should be able to air them without having to be told to make citrus drinks.
I'm so with you on this. Sometimes people take to these boards to vent about a major disappointment or to talk about issues they encountered that were unexpected and want to share that experience. Everyone is different- some people are beyond thrilled to stay at all star sports in a standard room on the coldest week of the year, get food poisoning, have something stolen from their room, or find bats flying in their face every night at their resort (like we did in wilderness lodge a few years ago). Other people have higher expectations and get their hopes up that things will go smoothly and can't help but be disappointed when crap hits the fan.
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #146
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Pet Peeve: Im fairly new here too... And I cannot believe how rude some people are!! Sometimes I see another fairly new person post a question and the people with 23,000,865 post count reply back with really hateful sarcastic or just plain rude answers. GUESS WHAT? Not everyone is a WDW expert and they come here for answers or opinions. Not everyone is 'in the know' like YOU are...but ya dont have to be so rude about it! Its a turnoff sometimes.... And its just sad.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #147
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

I agree RUDE people. I was just reading a food post from a woman with a 10/11 yr old who felt he didn't eat enough to justify paying the adult rate until he starts eating more.

I almost feel like I'm missing something and anyone who complains about the cost of something is always jumped on. Its as if some posters are getting commission or something.

First people are telling her the price is disclosed. She never said it wasn't disclosed.

Then they told her not to go back if her son couldn't eat enough. Well, that is exactly what she said she would do.

They went on and on and on. Giving their kids ages and heights and weights. Who cares??

I think the main thing is the wording of child vs adult at a buffet. Only in Disney would my 10 yr old ever be called an adult.

I'd like to hope people are rude because they are behind a computer and its easy for them and they're not really like this. In any case, if Disney thinks a 10 yr old is an adult, maybe some of the rude ppl on here should start acting like it!!

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
hockeymom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #148
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw View Post
My pet peeves:

When a question is asked and rather than posting an answer, someone posts a thread link.

OR

When someone wants to discusss an article but only posts a link to the article instead of the information.
While I would never question someone's pet peeve, because everyone is entitled to them, I can offer an explanation for this (simply posting a link).

Many of the Dis vets see the same question repeated over and over and over and.... you get my drift. It is a lot easier to simply post a link to the answer than to type out the same explanation over and over again. Although I do know of a few vets who apparently have been wise enough to simply save some of these answers and can just copy and paste into their posts. At least with a link you know the source of the info and can explore further when necessary.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #149
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

My pet peeve is having people refuse to do simple searching before asking a question. We understand you're new and the search function on the actual message board is pathetic. But if you go to Google and type site: disboards.com and the question you want to ask, you will likely find hundreds if not thousands of responses to that question instantly instead of starting a new thread and waiting for the vets to answer. Start there and if you find you have a more detailed inquiry, feel free to post it.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #150
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose
My pet peeve is having people refuse to do simple searching before asking a question. We understand you're new and the search function on the actual message board is pathetic. But if you go to Google and type site: disboards.com and the question you want to ask, you will likely find hundreds if not thousands of responses to that question instantly instead of starting a new thread and waiting for the vets to answer. Start there and if you find you have a more detailed inquiry, feel free to post it.
I hear that- although to be honest 9 times out of 10 I don't find quite what I am looking for through a google search.
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: