Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

2012 - OLYMPIC FREE TOUR - Day 16 - Blizzard Beach - Garden Grill

Day 16 - Blizzard Beach – Garden Grill

Another water park planned for today, so in keeping with the norm we met up with Martin, Wendy and family. We left OKW at around 8:20 and headed to Blizzard Beach.

We easily made rope drop with plenty of time to spare and secured a few sun loungers near to the main pool Melt – Away Bay.

As it was quiet we decided to hit the rides, these included Toboggan Racers, Snow Stormers, Downhill Double Dipper and Run-off Rapids.

Next up were a few circuits of Cross Country Creek, although this didn’t quite measure to my all time favourite at Typhoon Lagoon.

We all caught the chair lift up to Teamboat Springs, which is the world’s longest family raft ride and then moved across to the Ski Patrol Training Camp.

It was here that we saw another Dis’er for the second time this holiday – Muxton Miley and her family.
For lunch we made our way to Lottawatta Lodge.

Nigel: Chilli Dog with Fries – Cheesecake – Orange Juice.
Sue: Hot Dog with Fries – Cheesecake – Orange Juice.
Emma: Hot Dog with Fries – Cheesecake – Diet Coke.

Returning back to the loungers, we spent quite a while in the wave pool, however, this was way overcrowded and together with the many tubes on the water, it wasn’t very enjoyable. I suppose I will always compare this to my favourite Typhoon Lagoon and unfortunately, it will always remain second best.

We decided to leave the park around 2:30 and on the way out, bumped into Goofy and had a few photographs.

Back at OKW, we all showered and changed in preparation for tonight’s 17:50 ADR at Garden Grill. We arrived slightly early and so were given a buzzer once we had checked in, however within 5 minutes the flashing light was calling us. We were seated quickly on the outer rim; our server was soon on the scene to explain the menu. During the course of our stay, we were visited many times by Chip & Dale, Mickey and Pluto.

The character interaction was streets ahead of what we had previously encountered at Chef Mickeys, however it is sad to report this was undoubtedly the worst food that we had been served at any Disney restaurant ever! It resembled what I can only describe as offerings from the lowest grade of transport café, it was luke warm at best and presentation left a lot to be desired. The salad was fine, however the main course did not look or taste very appetising.

Our server was nowhere to be seen when our drinks required refilling but I think this was due to far too many tables to attend to. Unfortunately, this left a bad taste in our mouths in more ways than one and as a result, we will not be returning again.
Before we left the park, on the way to the exit we made a slight detour onto Spaceship Earth.

Returning back to the car, we headed to the new Super Target on 192, where we purchased a bottle of our favourite sparkling wine - Rose Regale. This is also available in World Showcase – Italy, however it is almost twice the price.
Back at OKW, we cracked open the wine and enjoyed a few glasses on our balcony, before retiring to bed.

Coming up next – Summerland Golf – Art of Animation – Teppan Edo (2)

RETURN TO INDEX

Last edited by DISWolves; 02-15-2013 at 11:27 PM.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Shame about the food, never a good way to end the day.
Chilly is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
wigeboo
Mouseketeer

thanks for a great read

me DH DD

Planning my tenth Disney holiday
wigeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

What a shame about Garden Grill... we wanted to go in December for my Grandads 70th because he LOVES Chip and Dale and I dont think they do character meals anywhere else :-( unfortunately it seems to follow all other reviews I've read... fab interaction, rubbish food! Xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Shame about the food being so poor

I know that you don't go to character meals for fine dining but there's no excuse for serving rubbish food
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
1andrea
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Another great day! Thanks for writing such a great report

[/url]

2005 January DLRP 3 Nights Dream Castle
2005 May/June 14 Nights Swan and Dolphin and 7 Nights Clearwater
2006 May/ June 10 Nights All Stars Movies and 10 Nights Jamaica
2007 June 14 Nights Saratoga Springs
2008 May/June 21 Nights Beach Club Villas, Hard Rock Hotel and Wilderness Lodge Villas
December 16 Nights Polynesian, Portofino Bay and Grand Floridian
2009 March DLRP 3 Nights Sequoia Lodge
2009 May/ June 22 Nights Port Orleans Riverside, Hard Rock Hotel and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010 May/ June 26 Nights Bay Lake Tower, Hard Rock Hotel and Boardwalk Villas

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

[/url]

1andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

You got some great photopass pics at blizzard beach.

Shame about your food - we really enjoyed it - shows how hit or miss places can be. Our server was really good and brought us extra food as needed.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: