Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

How do you do a B2B?

Hello everyone. we've only done one Disney cruise (MR in 2011) we are boarding the Wonder tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if we should book another cruise while inboard. I'm wondering about cruising B2B. Can you do any cruise B2B as long as they leave from the same port? It's just me and DD(16) and DD (7).
ciraulo887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciraulo887 View Post
Hello everyone. we've only done one Disney cruise (MR in 2011) we are boarding the Wonder tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if we should book another cruise while inboard. I'm wondering about cruising B2B. Can you do any cruise B2B as long as they leave from the same port? It's just me and DD(16) and DD (7).
First, you should always book a future cruise while onboard: don't miss out on 10% off the fare and deposit reduced to 10% and increased shipboard credit. You can always move to a different cruise on a different date and different ship after you return home, without any penalty and while retaining all the benefits.

I don't know if you can book B2B and get the credit for both, but my guess is that you can not. You can book one of the B2B cruises while you are on this ship and then book the other cruise when you get home. Of course, book the more expensive of the 2 cruises while you are on this cruise: better to get 10% off of $3,000 than 10% off of $2500.

Say hi to my wife: she will be getting off the Wonder as you get on. She is finishing B2B cruises!
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

So, are you o my allow to book one cruise and get the 10% while on board? I'm sorry, feel so confused.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Swampers View Post
First, you should always book a future cruise while onboard: don't miss out on 10% off the fare and deposit reduced to 10% and increased shipboard credit. You can always move to a different cruise on a different date and different ship after you return home, without any penalty and while retaining all the benefits.

I don't know if you can book B2B and get the credit for both, but my guess is that you can not. You can book one of the B2B cruises while you are on this ship and then book the other cruise when you get home. Of course, book the more expensive of the 2 cruises while you are on this cruise: better to get 10% off of $3,000 than 10% off of $2500.

Say hi to my wife: she will be getting off the Wonder as you get on. She is finishing B2B cruises!
Assuming you're not cruising alone. One person could book the first cruise and another one the 2nd cruise. And like magic you have 10% off both
NurseDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Four Swampers

Quote:
You can do any cruise B2B with one exception. The cruises can not start in one USA port and end in another USA port. This is an archaic law forced on the cruise industry by the shipping industry. Shippers feared that people would choose to cruise and carry their goods with them rather than use shippers, so all US cruises must start and end in the same port.

When DCL did Alaska last year, they did Seattle to Alaska to Seattle. Then they moved the ship to Vancouver prior to repositioning to Los Angeles. They thought that would satisfy the US law. It did not. Everyone who was scheduled for a B2B had to cancel one of their cruises, because no passenger may start in one US port and end in another. So boarding in Seattle then disembarking in Los Angeles was a no - no.

In Europe, people do all sorts of B2B on Disney Cruises that start and end all over the map. It does not seem that you have to worry about B2B in Europe.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

I'm assuming my 16 year old doesn't count??? She's like an adult....

What would you guys recommend? B2B 5 night then 4 night on the Wonder or 7 nights on the fantasy?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #7
Four Swampers

Quote:
So, are you o my allow to book one cruise and get the 10% while on board? I'm sorry, feel so confused.
Absolutely. Let's call tomorrow's cruise "Cruise Now" and a future cruise "Cruise Future 1." Assuming you plan to book a B2B, we will call the other part of the future B2B cruise "Cruise Future 2."

So, on Cruise Now, you can book either Cruise Future 1 OR Cruise Future 2. Let's say that you book Cruise Future 1, then you will receive 10% off the prevailing rates for Cruise Future 1, you will only have to make a 10% deposit on Cruise Future 1, and you will get a nice onboard credit (OBC) during Cruise Future 1.

When you get home, you book Cruise Future 2. No extra credit, no reduced deposit, no reduced fare.

Ok, here is the confusing part: you can also book Cruise Future 2 while on Cruise Now, but you won't get a reduced deposit or cost. You might (not sure, but you might) get a shipboard credit during Cruise Future 2 if you book while on Cruise Now.

The basic rule is: each household can book one or two cabins on one single future cruise and receive 10% off the rate of that future cruise, a reduced deposit for that future cruise, and increased shipboard credit.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Four Swampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDave View Post
Assuming you're not cruising alone. One person could book the first cruise and another one the 2nd cruise. And like magic you have 10% off both
Please don't take offense, but I think you might be wrong. I am not certain, and I could be wrong, but I think each household only gets to book one or two rooms on one and only one future cruise. (and get the benefits)

DCL did not let me book a cruise and my wife book a cruise and receive the on board booking benefits (OBB) the last time we sailed. If John from Denver and Joe from New York were sharing a room, then they could each book a future cruise and get the OBB benefits. But if John and Jane from the same home in Denver are on a cruise, they can only get the benefits on one future cruise.

The above rule is new as of about one year ago.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
ksloane
DIS Veteran

I think I've become a back to back fan. We did Back to Back on the Magic this past summer out of NYC. Did 5 nights to Canada and 8 nights to Bahamas. I really liked that as it was 2 different cruises. We also caught each nighttime show the first time around and then could go do other things the second time around unless it was one we really wanted to repeat. We still didn't do "everything" but it did let us take advantage of a lot more opportunities.

This December we have back to back booked on the Wonder, but both are the same cruises so I'm guessing it will feel a little different, but I'm still excited.
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
Four Swampers

Quote:
I'm assuming my 16 year old doesn't count??? She's like an adult....

What would you guys recommend? B2B 5 night then 4 night on the Wonder or 7 nights on the fantasy?
An excellent question that is often asked on these boards! It depends on what you want.

First, the ports. Do you have a preference for the ports offered on one trip or the other/

Second, the ship. Each ship has pros and cons, and each ship has people who prefer it over the other. For me, the Magic and Wonder are in a dead tie with the Fantasy.

Third, the total cost. Not only the cruise cost, but airline cost and time away from work.

Fourth, do you want to reach Gold or Platinum status? They don't do much for you, other than being able to book spa/excursions/Palo before everyone else. Platinum also gets you a whopping $40 credit to Palo. You are already silver status, as you cruised Disney once before. The day you finish, and I mean finish/complete/step off the ship style of finish, your fifth cruise you become Gold. So Gold status kicks in for your sixth cruise. The day you finish your 10th cruise you become Platinum, so Platinum benefits apply to your 11th cruise. DCL website compares the benefits of each.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm hoping I can make the right decision for me and my kids. We live in California so flying to Florida is expensive and hard to do. I'd like to get the most out of a trip. Destinations don't matter too much, not sure if the ship will make a difference as I've only been on the Wonder. The cost is very similar for a 5 night 4 night B2B and a 7 night on the Fantasy.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #12
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

You can definitely do an onboard booking for a back to back and get the discount and OBC for both. While they are now limiting on board bookings to one cruise with a maximum of two cabins, they make an exception for a back to back. If, at a layer time, you move those on board bookings to cruises that are not back to back you will lose the discount and OBC on one of them.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #13
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Swampers View Post
Ok, here is the confusing part: you can also book Cruise Future 2 while on Cruise Now, but you won't get a reduced deposit or cost. You might (not sure, but you might) get a shipboard credit during Cruise Future 2 if you book while on Cruise Now.
I don't believe the above is correct. As someone else said, B2B has a special exception made where you can get the full onboard booking discount for both cruises. In addition to that, any additional cruises booked will get the reduced 10% deposit and the OBC, but just won't get the 10% discount.

Basically, other than the B2B exception, you can book up to 2 rooms for a single cruise per household at the full onboard booking discount, and any others lose the 10% discount but keep the reduced deposit and OBC.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your input. I'm hoping I can make the right decision for me and my kids. We live in California so flying to Florida is expensive and hard to do. I'd like to get the most out of a trip. Destinations don't matter too much, not sure if the ship will make a difference as I've only been on the Wonder. The cost is very similar for a 5 night 4 night B2B and a 7 night on the Fantasy.
I'd do the 9 nights instead of 7 personally. We love our ship time and like you if we are paying to get to vacation, I want to stay there as long as possible.
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #15
Four Swampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed View Post
I don't believe the above is correct. As someone else said, B2B has a special exception made where you can get the full onboard booking discount for both cruises. In addition to that, any additional cruises booked will get the reduced 10% deposit and the OBC, but just won't get the 10% discount.

Basically, other than the B2B exception, you can book up to 2 rooms for a single cruise per household at the full onboard booking discount, and any others lose the 10% discount but keep the reduced deposit and OBC.
Excellent! Also, I did not know about the B2B exception: that is cool!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: