Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #466
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellB8585 View Post

Whoop, I have actually just upgraded to a Verandah because of the email. I was always put off before with the chance we could have heavy smokers next to us
I know what you mean. The only reason we had the verandah on this years WBPC was because of the airline rate. It was way cheaper than a inside. We got lucky and neither one of our neighbors smoked. Now I don't need to worry. Thank you DCL!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #467
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
I love the email I just got from DCL. No more smoking in the verandas. YES!!!!!!! Best email ever from DCL.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
I am so pleased and it is a very sensible move. We have had a couple of bad experiences with next door smokers so this can only be good. Though of course they were allowed to smoke out there so couldn't complain.

I guess there will be some smokers cancelling cruises as an attempt at a protest but most other cruise lines have the same rules now.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #468
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I am pleased with the new policy as well.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #469
JenDen
Mouseketeer

Cedar Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
One can never been too busy to think about cruising through the Panama Canal!!!

But I haven't actually DONE anything except think about it haha. Karen, I will send you the boys' likes and dislikes for SM soon!

We are leaving Friday for Cedar Point (staying at Great Wolf Lodge) and going to a couple of baseball games on the front and back end (Detroit and Cleveland). Super excited for the big coasters!

How exciting!
We live about 45 minutes from Cedar Point. The coasters are Great time will be had by all!
JenDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #470
JenDen
Mouseketeer

EBTA 2014 to the WBPC 2014

Hi, we booked the EBTA 2014 while on the EBTA 2013. Even with the incredible deal for the cruise, the airfare increased by $500.00 per person. So for the same amount of money we changed over to this cruise!!

We have sailed on 3 TA with and 1 PC with Disney. This cruise will be our 9th (almost platinum).

Anyway, our names are Jennifer and Dennis.

We are being joined by our DSIL Melodie and DN Sierra. This will be their first cruise. What a way to start!

Cheers, Jennifer
Old 08-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #471
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenDen View Post
Hi, we booked the EBTA 2014 while on the EBTA 2013. Even with the incredible deal for the cruise, the airfare increased by $500.00 per person. So for the same amount of money we changed over to this cruise!!

We have sailed on 3 TA with and 1 PC with Disney. This cruise will be our 9th (almost platinum).

Anyway, our names are Jennifer and Dennis.

We are being joined by our DSIL Melodie and DN Sierra. This will be their first cruise. What a way to start!

Cheers, Jennifer
Hi and welcome. Well as long as you mean the WB, as that is this thread, going west I hope!!!

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #472
socababy
DIS Veteran

I am currently packing for our Alaska cruise and let me tell you, packing for a cold weather cruise is a lot of work! I can't wait to pack for this cruise when I only have to really worry about is sun, shorts, sun, bathing suits, and some more sun!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #473
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
I am currently packing for our Alaska cruise and let me tell you, packing for a cold weather cruise is a lot of work! I can't wait to pack for this cruise when I only have to really worry about is sun, shorts, sun, bathing suits, and some more sun!
We went to Alaska in July 1995 when so many people died in Chicago with the terrible heat wave that hit the country! We wished we had packed shorts then!

Have a great time. Alaska is beautiful!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #474
jrp
DVC Since 2001* WL*F.I.F.L To Go Where No MOuse Has Gone Before!

Alaska

Quote:
Hi socobaby We went to Alaska on the first Dismey cruise and I can tell you one thing you need to do. Layer your clothes. That's right, we found that the layer technique worked the best due to a lot of research into cold weather gear. We never used a heavy coat on the cruise. Hope this helps in your decision to dress smart as they called it. Have a great time and do the train trip up the mountain through the pass as it is loads of fun.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #475
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How exciting!
We live about 45 minutes from Cedar Point. The coasters are Great time will be had by all!
Welcome, Jennifer and family! Your SIL and niece really know how to get the party started! On my bucket list cruise. Wowza!

We absolutely love thrill rides. DH grew up in KY/WV so has been to Kings Island many times. One of our boys is taller than the other by a couple of inches (the "short one" is still 95th percentile, but the other is off the charts). He's been going on upside down roller coasters since he was five! Super excited for Gatekeeper!!! Both can ride!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #476
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Super, super jealous! We absolutely loved Alaska last year. I would love to go back (as soon as DCL stops doing TAs and PC haha).

And yes, I absolutely agree to layer. But we are from Hawaii and had ski jackets, too haha.

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #477
socababy
DIS Veteran

Well I finished packing for Alaska and I have 5 pieces of luggage between the kids and I. Yikes! I do have layers as well as a heavier coat. I'm sure I am over packed! OH well, we are prepared for any type of weather! In my defense, we are in Vancouver for 4 days before the cruise!

I haven't been on the Wonder since December and the EBPC! Can't wait to get back on her. It's definitely the ship I call home!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #478
JenDen
Mouseketeer

FB page?

Hi, is there a facebook page for this cruise?

thanks, Jennifer
Old 08-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #479
JenDen
Mouseketeer

Cedar Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Welcome, Jennifer and family! Your SIL and niece really know how to get the party started! On my bucket list cruise. Wowza!

We absolutely love thrill rides. DH grew up in KY/WV so has been to Kings Island many times. One of our boys is taller than the other by a couple of inches (the "short one" is still 95th percentile, but the other is off the charts). He's been going on upside down roller coasters since he was five! Super excited for Gatekeeper!!! Both can ride!
Thats so exciting that the boys are tall enough for the big coasters!

I'm thrilled that my DSIL and DN will be joining us. They had a terrible tragedy in their (our) family in April and this will be a lovely way to take some time for fun and reflection. Thanks for the welcome!!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #480
ppartekim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi, is there a facebook page for this cruise?

thanks, Jennifer
2014 "Wonder" of Panama Canal - https://www.facebook.com/groups/637605662932146/
ppartekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: