Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #391
ShellB8585
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Looking forward to meeting you! I do have to say, though, that you should also do an Alaska cruise! It's awesome!
Oh it is firmly on my bucket list but it will wait a few years, I know he will come around eventually
2011 - 2012 ~ 2 visits to DLP

7 Night Eastern Caribbean ~ Disney Magic ~ 14 Jan 2012
4 Night Mediterranean ~ Disney Magic ~ 9 July 2013

Shelley DH Carl

ShellB8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #392
jrp
DVC Since 2001* WL*F.I.F.L To Go Where No MOuse Has Gone Before!

Talking hello

Hi All Just wanted to take a moment to say hi to all the new folks on the DIS er group. Been in the hospital with Pnuemonia again and jujst got home. There's no place like home "click click". Getting closer every day and trying to get more things lined up. Does anyone know of a place in Miami that they have stayed at that is reasonable aws we do';t want to pay through the nose for one night before the sail away Caryn on everyone and have a great DIS day.
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #393
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
Hi All Just wanted to take a moment to say hi to all the new folks on the DIS er group. Been in the hospital with Pnuemonia again and jujst got home. There's no place like home "click click". Getting closer every day and trying to get more things lined up. Does anyone know of a place in Miami that they have stayed at that is reasonable aws we do';t want to pay through the nose for one night before the sail away Caryn on everyone and have a great DIS day.
Glad you are feeling better!

We stayed at a Days Inn in Miami once. We had to pay for the cruise port shuttle, but it was reasonable.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #394
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:

Sorry you have been in hospital poorly but glad you are home again. Take care and recover well. What kind of place do you like to stay in?

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #395
Brixton
Missing Maine, Substituting Mickey

welcome new cruisers see you in 284 days

Sorry to read jrp was in hospital; glad to read you're alright! I am quite SICK of hospitals myself. Glad they're there when needed, hope no one else needs them.

I am jealous of all who went to AK with DCL.......someday, maybe, we'll go. The WBTA is also on our list, if not for the pricey flights to BCN. I have no desire to try the Dream or Fantasy, but definitely the new Magic!

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #396
ShellB8585
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Very busy at the mo as we're moving house so I'm not around as much as I'd like to be but thought I'd chime in on the Miami hotel question - I have just booked us into the quality inn Hollywood for the night before the cruise - they offer free pick up from the airport and free shuttle to the cruise port and the room was $101 which I thought fairly reasonable.

Anyways, hope you're all well :-)
TTFN
2011 - 2012 ~ 2 visits to DLP

7 Night Eastern Caribbean ~ Disney Magic ~ 14 Jan 2012
4 Night Mediterranean ~ Disney Magic ~ 9 July 2013

Shelley DH Carl

ShellB8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #397
LazarouMouse
Earning My Ears

Hi all!
I have a hold on this cruise and am trying to decide if a veranda is a must have? We will be my husband I and our two kids DS 9, and DD 5. Our last Disney cruise was a double dip and we had adjoining cabins. I don't think my husband will go for that this time so I'm thinking the veranda will give us a separate space in the evening. Any opinions?
LazarouMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #398
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarouMouse View Post
Hi all!
I have a hold on this cruise and am trying to decide if a veranda is a must have? We will be my husband I and our two kids DS 9, and DD 5. Our last Disney cruise was a double dip and we had adjoining cabins. I don't think my husband will go for that this time so I'm thinking the veranda will give us a separate space in the evening. Any opinions?
I just did a quick search on the price. The difference in price between a veranda and an oceanview is minimal.
Considering it is a 15 night cruise, it seems like a good choice.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #399
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarouMouse View Post
Hi all!
We went with a veranda too! I agree that with the length of the cruise having the outside space seems worth the price.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #400
jrp

Thanks You

Hi All Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who wished me speedy recovery and I am on that course. I also wanted to say thanks for the info on the room in Miami. I hope everyone has a great day and as always Carry On.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #401
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi All Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who wished me speedy recovery and I am on that course. I also wanted to say thanks for the info on the room in Miami. I hope everyone has a great day and as always Carry On.
Hi! Glad you are recovering nicely! Take good care.

Also, if you haven't bought your airline tix yet, you might want to consider flying into FLL (Fort Lauderdale). We made that choice after some suggestions here. It saved us about $600, the hotel we are staying at is very reasonable with a free shuttle from the airport, and transportation the next day is about a 30-45 min. drive to the port (versus 15 min. from MIA). Same difference to me!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #402
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

I think if you can manage the difference to get a veranda then I would as it can be great to watch the locks etc from there instead of battling the crowds up top and also with some cover from the heat of the sun. You would still want to do a bit of that battling though just to experience it, good or bad!! This last trip was our third transit and for the first time it rained. It suddenly began to pour when we were going though the cut so it was really nice to have the veranda then. By the way the rain was wonderful and cooled the temperatures down.

But there is also Deck 4 and you are closer to the action from there too.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #403
jrp

request

Hi twopeasonepod If you have already booked your room for the day before could you [lease send me the location and the chain so I can look into it? Thanks
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #404
socababy
DIS Veteran

For a 15 night cruise, I would definitely go with a veranda! We were very fortunate to cruise in the Roy suite on our PC cruise last Dec. Of course anything I chose for this PC cruise will pale in comparison! We are going with a veranda room though. It will be a great escape for when dd goes to bed or is sleeping in in the morning. Granted we are going in the opposite direction on this cruise than we did in May, we started our way through the Panama Canal pretty early. I remember having to go in and tell the kids several times that they should get up so they could see what happens. So for those with kids who like to sleep, maybe a veranda will be even more important on the day we go through the canal.

We had absolutely perfectly warm weather the whole 2 weeks last December. I know May normally brings more rain. How much rain are we looking at?
MAGIC Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #405
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Here is a pic I took from the Outlook.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: