Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #376
ShellB8585
Mouseketeer

Hi Folks!

DH have just moved our previous OBB to this cruise. We were going to go on the B2B california coast with 9 night Alaska. However, we have just come off the Magic in the Med and DH has decided he only wants to cruise somewhere warm.

So Alaska is on the backburner for a few years!

It will just be the 2 of us. Although I am contemplating flying to Orlando for a few theme park days pre cruise it is most likely we will fly directly to MIA the day before then we have 2 nights booked in San Diego at the end.

Looking forward to getting to know you all
2011 - 2012 ~ 2 visits to DLP

7 Night Eastern Caribbean ~ Disney Magic ~ 14 Jan 2012
4 Night Mediterranean ~ Disney Magic ~ 9 July 2013

Shelley DH Carl

ShellB8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #377
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellB8585 View Post
Hi Folks!

DH have just moved our previous OBB to this cruise. We were going to go on the B2B california coast with 9 night Alaska. However, we have just come off the Magic in the Med and DH has decided he only wants to cruise somewhere warm.

It will just be the 2 of us. Although I am contemplating flying to Orlando for a few theme park days pre cruise it is most likely we will fly directly to MIA the day before then we have 2 nights booked in San Diego at the end.

Welcome!

Because it is Flower & Garden time in Epcot, we definitely will spend at least the weekend before the cruise at WDW. The Flower Power Concerts have only been on weekends, so we don't want to miss one. We just may go to VB after the weekend to relax at the beach before relaxing on the cruise!Can we relax too much??

Bobbi
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #378
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Hi Folks!

Hi and welcome. I can't get my husband John to go to Alaska either and both of us kind of think cruising and warm weather go together!!! Your hubby sure will get the warm weather on this cruise anyway, We haven't decided what to do before and after as yet. We have just booked a cruise for this October/November and I am trying to sort all that out at the moment. Nice problem to have though.

Where are you staying in San Diego? We do think we will have a couple of nights there. We had 3 nights there after the Jan 2011 WBPC and really enjoyed it. We only stayed in a little Motel though it is one that is high up on ratings and it was really good for the price. However we thought we would up our quality this time and also stay more central.Not that we were far away and we didn't find parking a problem in SD. Mind, that was January, it might be more of a problem in May.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #379
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Welcome!

Because it is Flower & Garden time in Epcot, we definitely will spend at least the weekend before the cruise at WDW. The Flower Power Concerts have only been on weekends, so we don't want to miss one. We just may go to VB after the weekend to relax at the beach before relaxing on the cruise!Can we relax too much??

Bobbi
Haha, we have just booked 2 nights at Vero Beach after our 26 nights onboard the Crown Princess this November. I think relaxing after a cruise is as good as relaxing before!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #380
ShellB8585
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the welcome :-) we will be staying at the Wyndham just outside the port. I had already booked it as it would have been the 2 nights before the B2B so it was convenient for the cruise port and offers free airport transfers.
We're from the UK and booked via expedia Uk to claim double nectar points I hope to put toward the flights later this year. Plus they had an offer on last month :-)
2011 - 2012 ~ 2 visits to DLP

7 Night Eastern Caribbean ~ Disney Magic ~ 14 Jan 2012
4 Night Mediterranean ~ Disney Magic ~ 9 July 2013

Shelley DH Carl

ShellB8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #381
MommyTo5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Folks!

DH have just moved our previous OBB to this cruise.

WDW 3/1978, 3/1984, 1/2001, 2/2002, 9/2002, 1/2003, 2/2004, 2/2006, 2/2007, 1/2008, 10/2009 DLR 6/2010
DCL {MAGIC} Western Caribbean 1/2005, 11/2008, 10/2009 Eastern Caribbean 10/2010
DCL {WONDER} Hawaii 10/2012 Western Caribbean 11/2013 NEXT UP: Westbound Panama Canal 5/2014
MommyTo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:26 AM   #382
granmaz

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome :-) we will be staying at the Wyndham just outside the port. I had already booked it as it would have been the 2 nights before the B2B so it was convenient for the cruise port and offers free airport transfers.
We're from the UK and booked via expedia Uk to claim double nectar points I hope to put toward the flights later this year. Plus they had an offer on last month :-)
As you can see we are also from the UK. I really must begin to think what we want to do before and after this cruise. We will probably stay at the same little B&B in Miami before. We really liked it and the position is great for walking around South Beach.

I wonder why we aren't stopping at Castaway Cay this time? I presume another ship is there the day we would need to be there but I can't be bothered to go and search that. We don't get off the ship there these days so Key West is a good alternative for us to have a walk around. I know most would rather be on Castaway Cay though so it is a shame. It seems odd as it is THE place for DCL. We aren't bothered about Cozumel as we have been there a couple of times and just walk around saying no thank you to the shop owners. Maybe we will stay onboard this time.

Oh I just can't wait till we are onboard.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #383
aan1701
DIS Veteran

We are not going to Castaway cause we leave Miami on a Thursday. The Fantasy is there every Friday and the Dream every Sat. Unfortunately it is not feasible to go.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:56 AM   #384
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Haha, we have just booked 2 nights at Vero Beach after our 26 nights onboard the Crown Princess this November. I think relaxing after a cruise is as good as relaxing before!!!
Are you doing a TA cruise? We are considering a Princess WBTA cruise in 2014!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #385
ppartekim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
We are not going to Castaway cause we leave Miami on a Thursday. The Fantasy is there every Friday and the Dream every Sat. Unfortunately it is not feasible to go.

Maybe we could talk DCL into leaving a day early so we can have Castaway on Thurs...
ppartekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #386
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppartekim View Post

Maybe we could talk DCL into leaving a day early so we can have Castaway on Thurs...
Good luck with that. Also I think the people on the cruise before us would be really upset. Ha ha ha. Greetings from Disneyland's 58th anniversary.

DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #387
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post

Ah that is what I suspected but couldn't be bothered checking the other ships' dates. It is a shame for those who love CC.

Quote:
Are you doing a TA cruise? We are considering a Princess WBTA cruise in 2014!
Yes, the Crown Princess leaving on Oct 26th. We are also doing the cruise before(mainly the Canary Islands) but it was booked as one cruise not 2. It flagged up as a great offer and we were wondering what to do during this period so jumped right in.

Princess seem to have a lot of ships come over for the summer to various European ports, so plenty of choice for both EB and WB. We wanted one that left from the UK.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #388
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Ah that is what I suspected but couldn't be bothered checking the other ships' dates. It is a shame for those who love CC.

Yes, the Crown Princess leaving on Oct 26th. We are also doing the cruise before(mainly the Canary Islands) but it was booked as one cruise not 2. It flagged up as a great offer and we were wondering what to do during this period so jumped right in.

Princess seem to have a lot of ships come over for the summer to various European ports, so plenty of choice for both EB and WB. We wanted one that left from the UK.
I looked it up, that cruise sounds wonderful!!! We want a different itinerary, I always hoped to go to the Holy Land, and they have a cruise that does that and more. It's later in the year, and I "worry" a bit about the condition of the sea in December.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #389
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Folks!

Looking forward to meeting you! I do have to say, though, that you should also do an Alaska cruise! It's awesome!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:01 AM   #390
granmaz

Quote:
I looked it up, that cruise sounds wonderful!!! We want a different itinerary, I always hoped to go to the Holy Land, and they have a cruise that does that and more. It's later in the year, and I "worry" a bit about the condition of the sea in December.

I know what you mean, though quite a few ships do the WB in late November or December and I haven't heard of anything negative so I tend to think it is fine to go across then. You would be so busy doing all the wonderful things they plan for sea days that you wouldn't notice any rough seas anyway.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: