Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #316
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
We aren't on this cruise but we did do it in 2013. Wanted to offer a suggestion for the day you transit the canal. Book Palo brunch that day. Great views from air conditioned comfort while you sail across the lake.
That is a good idea if you want to do brunch. This time they cordoned off the area at the back behind Palo's so the view was unobstructed by other cruisers walking round or standing there. We were annoyed as we were wanting to walk round for exercise but good for those eating of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetigger View Post
Thanks for advice re Palo on the Panama cruise. We have booked a Palo brunch in just over 2 weeks on the Alaskan cruise. Have heard the views from there of the ice fields is amazing. No doubt the views through the Panama Canal are also amazing... Can't believe how tight the ship is going through at some points.
Yes it is about 2 ft either side. We did scrape a few times this time but not too deep. It was all painted again at the next port of call.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #317
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetigger View Post
Can't believe how tight the ship is going through at some points.
Here is a pic of how close you get. This was taken on this years cruise on the Wonder.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #318
aan1701
DIS Veteran

For this years cruise I wanted to do brunch on Canal day. I was talked out of it by being remained about the amazing BBQ they always do. Glad I was not insistent. Those Steaks and sausage were amazing. Maybe the best steaks I had all cruise. As nice as the views might be, I don't think I would want to do brunch on the Canal day. I don't want to miss that BBQ that I know they will do on the day we transit.

DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #319
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!

The last few pages were a lot to catch up; I have check-in more frequently.
Welcome to all who recently joined our group! Palo brunch during canal transit is a must - we had an incredible view of the storm & the lake.

I can't wait to see our incredible tablemates, but I just found out I'm sick. Barring complications or chemotherapy or restrictions, I hope to meet in319 days! Thanks for the pixie dust

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever

Last edited by Brixton; 06-18-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #320
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Here is a pic of how close you get. This was taken on this years cruise on the Wonder.

Great photo, better than the one we took in Diversions!

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #321
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Positive thoughts. Think positive and it will be all be ok

Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #322
ilovetigger
Earning My Ears

Disney Magic will prevail...kindest thoughts.
ilovetigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #323
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
For this years cruise I wanted to do brunch on Canal day. I was talked out of it by being remained about the amazing BBQ they always do. Glad I was not insistent. Those Steaks and sausage were amazing. Maybe the best steaks I had all cruise. As nice as the views might be, I don't think I would want to do brunch on the Canal day. I don't want to miss that BBQ that I know they will do on the day we transit.

Am I right in thinking the transit day BBQ was out on deck on previous cruises. I did feel having it on deck gave a more party atmosphere though I do understand why they now do it at the back of Beach Blanket. That rain was sure welcome but it was better most were inside eating rather out on the open deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post
Welcome to all who recently joined our group! Palo brunch during canal transit is a must - we had an incredible view of the storm & the lake.

I can't wait to see our incredible tablemates, but I just found out I'm sick. Barring complications or chemotherapy or restrictions, I hope to meet in319 days! Thanks for the pixie dust
I am sorry to hear about your illness. I will pray for quick healing. The cruise will be the best recuperation!

Old 06-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #324
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:

best wishes for your recovery!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #325
jrp
DVC Since 2001* WL*F.I.F.L To Go Where No MOuse Has Gone Before!

Brixton

Quote:

Nothing but positive vibes coming your way.I pray you w ill be alright in time for the cruise, as if it would be a great pleasure meeting you at the DIS meet. Have a great day.

Last edited by jrp; 06-18-2013 at 05:30 PM.
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #326
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Brixton!

We'll be thinking about you. Take care of yourself so you can join us.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #327
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thinking of you and sending well-wishes your way!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #328
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone for the heads up on flying into FLL. I tried something new, which is buying our airfare 330 days out (as soon as the itinerary became available). Usually, I don't plan trips this far in advance haha.

Anyway, I was able to get a great price! HNL-FLL, then SAN-HNL for $695 each. Won't get any cheaper than that! Score!!!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #329
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Thanks to everyone for the heads up on flying into FLL. I tried something new, which is buying our airfare 330 days out (as soon as the itinerary became available). Usually, I don't plan trips this far in advance haha.

Anyway, I was able to get a great price! HNL-FLL, then SAN-HNL for $695 each. Won't get any cheaper than that! Score!!!
Good for you!

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #330
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post

Excellent. I always think once you have the airfares you really are going!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: