Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #841
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post
Sorry, mis-read your post. Do you live near DL? Are you going to the Food & Wine Festival? We'll be there week of 10/20.
Yes, we'll be there for food and wine. We LOVE food and wine! We're going for 15 days andIthink we've set aside 4-6 Epcot days. Epcot is ouour FAVORITE!

Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #842
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Heads up QVC has San Diego Hat Company big hats for $17 something with a buy more/save shipping handling. They have SPF 50, a big brim, packable, and a tie (perfect for windy decks). I just bought a couple for my cabin mates/friends for Christmas (skin cancer protection is the best gift!).
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #843
kventventx
Mouseketeer

Wow this is a very busy group

I finally made it through ALL of the postings. This is the busiest group I've every been with. I know everyone likes Palo's brunch but Triton's will have their brunch menu almost every day of the cruise and can accommodate more people. It's just a suggestion. Also if you order the chocolate souffle from your head server in the main dining room on the first night sometimes they can get you one without having to go to Palo's for dinner (if that's the only reason you go). This looks like a great group to travel with.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #844
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kventventx View Post
I finally made it through ALL of the postings. This is the busiest group I've every been with. I know everyone likes Palo's brunch but Triton's will have their brunch menu almost every day of the cruise and can accommodate more people. It's just a suggestion. Also if you order the chocolate souffle from your head server in the main dining room on the first night sometimes they can get you one without having to go to Palo's for dinner (if that's the only reason you go). This looks like a great group to travel with.
This is going to be a FUN group!

Thanks for the tips...maybe that would be the way to go for a brunch together.....a bigger group could also attend that way as well!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #845
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

I like that idea. We could also plan a more regular get together that way as well. Since its 14 days we could plan a couple of times together as opposed to the single time at Palo.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #846
EjeG
Nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kventventx View Post
It is my understanding that they are no longer allowed to order down the chocolate souffle to the main dining room (my understanding is that to many people started doing this that it started to become a problem). But it could just be evil FUD, but personally I go to Palo's for the atmosphere and it being nice and quiet and their food is top notch with exceptional service and a way to escape from the hustle, bustle and noice in the main dining room or Triton's (well this be first time on the Wounder, done all other three ships so their equivalents) .

Yes this group been fairly active early on shortly after the cruise was announced and still are even if it slowed down a bit but well we are well over a year until the cruise so I expect it to pick up as we get closer and closer to the cruise. I recently did a EBTA cruise and before the cruise we where on like page 200 on the second thread (think had to create a new thread due to limits of the board here or there just was so many replies that wanted to get a cleaner start and get a bit re-organized).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
I like that idea. We could also plan a more regular get together that way as well. Since its 14 days we could plan a couple of times together as opposed to the single time at Palo.
I think there is a signup for private tastings (think Mixology class/tasting), Palo Brunch and dinners tend to be popular.
Also on some other cruises a first day Meet and Greet been organized (not sure if anyone taken on that yet), as well PJ Breakfast.
Other suggested activities would be
Pub crawl (or two or three).
Private Chocolate Tasting (chocolate and alcohol who wouldn't love that? Granted it's $30/person IIRC my DW I'm sure recall that better than me)
Meet up for board games or card games (just remember games involving $ are not permitted on Disney Cruises, but I'm sure we got smart people here that will be able to come up with some sort of "price")

If there is interest I would be happy to organize a photo walk or two. I arranged them before, basically we meet up to walk around to take pictures of the ship, sunset or sunrise. Often the group end up having 2 or more skilled photographers that would be more than happy to help you improve your photography, providing ideas of photo subjects, framing, camera settings etc to push your photography to the next level. Photography is a passion of mine (and I'm a fairly decent photographer if I get to say so myself) and I love helping others out. During the EBTA I lead 2 photowalks, one sunset and one sunrise. We where 8-10 people on each walk and I think we came back with some pretty decent pictures, even if the skies didn't want to show us their very best.

This is one of my images that I took early in the morning while we waited for the sun to start to rise (we ended up being about 30min early so it was still really dark when we meet up - haven't uploaded my sunrise nor sunset picture to Flickr, but only share on the cruise specific FB group I guess)

Disney Magic - Smoke Stack by Eje Gustafsson, on Flickr

Sure there are lot of other activities that are possible.
EjeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #847
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EjeG View Post
It is my understanding that they are no longer allowed to order down the chocolate souffle to the main dining room (my understanding is that to many people started doing this that it started to become a problem). But it could just be evil FUD, but personally I go to Palo's for the atmosphere and it being nice and quiet and their food is top notch with exceptional service and a way to escape from the hustle, bustle and noice in the main dining room or Triton's (well this be first time on the Wounder, done all other three ships so their equivalents) .

Yes this group been fairly active early on shortly after the cruise was announced and still are even if it slowed down a bit but well we are well over a year until the cruise so I expect it to pick up as we get closer and closer to the cruise. I recently did a EBTA cruise and before the cruise we where on like page 200 on the second thread (think had to create a new thread due to limits of the board here or there just was so many replies that wanted to get a cleaner start and get a bit re-organized).

I think there is a signup for private tastings (think Mixology class/tasting), Palo Brunch and dinners tend to be popular.
Also on some other cruises a first day Meet and Greet been organized (not sure if anyone taken on that yet), as well PJ Breakfast.
Other suggested activities would be
Pub crawl (or two or three).
Private Chocolate Tasting (chocolate and alcohol who wouldn't love that? Granted it's $30/person IIRC my DW I'm sure recall that better than me)
Meet up for board games or card games (just remember games involving $ are not permitted on Disney Cruises, but I'm sure we got smart people here that will be able to come up with some sort of "price")

If there is interest I would be happy to organize a photo walk or two. I arranged them before, basically we meet up to walk around to take pictures of the ship, sunset or sunrise. Often the group end up having 2 or more skilled photographers that would be more than happy to help you improve your photography, providing ideas of photo subjects, framing, camera settings etc to push your photography to the next level. Photography is a passion of mine (and I'm a fairly decent photographer if I get to say so myself) and I love helping others out. During the EBTA I lead 2 photowalks, one sunset and one sunrise. We where 8-10 people on each walk and I think we came back with some pretty decent pictures, even if the skies didn't want to show us their very best.

This is one of my images that I took early in the morning while we waited for the sun to start to rise (we ended up being about 30min early so it was still really dark when we meet up - haven't uploaded my sunrise nor sunset picture to Flickr, but only share on the cruise specific FB group I guess)

Disney Magic - Smoke Stack by Eje Gustafsson, on Flickr

Sure there are lot of other activities that are possible.
DH is a photog...Med photo tech in the Navy and very passionate about his photography. He's teaching me. He was saying the morning of the canal crossing would be an awesome time to do one of those...and the last lock is after dark...we got up at 4 AM on our NYC cruise to nowhere to get shots sailing back into NYC and we got some GREAT shots on that trip.
Unfortunately, my iMac has had a stroke or something, (no worries all photos are on a separate hd) but they are not attached to my laptop nor do I have a photobucket acct.
I'm in for any photo opportunities.....as I know DH will be as well!!!

And, well, I GUESS you can twist my arm on the chocolate-alcohol thing....I GUESS!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 07-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #848
kventventx
Mouseketeer

The photo walk sounds amazing. Games could be fun too.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #849
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Wow what great ideas!!! I would love to do a photo walk and maybe get some pointers.
Chocolate tasting sounds yummy!

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #850
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

A photo walk could be fun, especially while going through the locks. With a 1 year old though, it might be kind of hard to arrange if it's too early or too late. We'd love to try and attend though!

As for alcohol, we don't drink - at all. We're usually the "party poopers" of EVERY group we do. Don't get me wrong, we love to have fun (obviously, we love Disney), but we just don't drink. It's not a religious thing or a recovering addict thing, we just don't drink. I LOVE chocolate though!

I think I'm going to back out of the whole Palo thing altogether. Whomever takes care of that list, will you please remove us for now? Personally, I'd be more interested in getting some ladies together for a mani-pedi!!!!

Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #851
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
A photo walk could be fun, especially while going through the locks. With a 1 year old though, it might be kind of hard to arrange if it's too early or too late. We'd love to try and attend though!

As for alcohol, we don't drink - at all. We're usually the "party poopers" of EVERY group we do. Don't get me wrong, we love to have fun (obviously, we love Disney), but we just don't drink. It's not a religious thing or a recovering addict thing, we just don't drink. I LOVE chocolate though!

I think I'm going to back out of the whole Palo thing altogether. Whomever takes care of that list, will you please remove us for now? Personally, I'd be more interested in getting some ladies together for a mani-pedi!!!!
Now I can get Ito a pedicure! Manicures for me are just a waste of money! I will chip a nail or break it or something and it looks like a mess. But I love a good pedi!!

Old 07-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #852
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Now I can get Ito a pedicure! Manicures for me are just a waste of money! I will chip a nail or break it or something and it looks like a mess. But I love a good pedi!!
lol, I only mentioned the manicure because I figure most people like both. I'm like you though - I'm in it for the pedi and don't really get manicures...EVER! I'm in if you're in! I've found though that they are ALWAYS trying to push the spa after you get on-board, so not pre-arranging a date/time hasn't really been an issue. Typically, they give away spa money before/during the sail-away party too, you just have to go and try to win. On the other hand, I've also never tried arranging to go with someone else before, so if you're interested maybe we should set a day/time and pre-book it! There are a LOT of sea days though, so it should be easy to find the time!

Old 07-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #853
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner

My toes will have to be done before we sail. If I'm gonna be showing off my feet in sandels then that is a pre-cruise must. Will definetly be saving for a massage though.

July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #854
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyCruisinSusan View Post
My toes will have to be done before we sail. If I'm gonna be showing off my feet in sandels then that is a pre-cruise must. Will definetly be saving for a massage though.
Oh mine too, I always go the weekend before a cruise and get them done, but a pedi later in the cruise sounds awesome to me! by that point it's been two weeks.
Massages I can't do...

Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #855
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post

I'd be up for a ladies mani-pedi get-together somewhere mid-cruise. Usually, I just get a polish change on my nails; I don't like the full mani but professionally applied polish seems to stay on much longer than when I apply it. I'm sure I'll be ready by mid-cruise! I usually book spa treatments (massage, etc.) while on board. I look for specials or a day when I'm really feeling the need either after a long excursion or particularly active day.
Kidlette, you up for starting a sign-up and figuring out availability for those interested? If so, David could probably add that to the first page of 'group' activity sign-ups.
Maria

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: