Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #766
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Susan, I just sent Beverly, (DisneyMouseHouse), a private message asking if she could confirm your sign up for the FE and Palo Brunch. Beverly is keeping track of the FE and Palo Brunch sign ups for our cruise.
Thanks David

July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #767
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope everyone is having a GREAT week-end. How many out there in DIS Land also took Friday the 5th off to stretch out the holiday into a 4 day holiday week-end? Wish I had. Oh well, later in the month is DW's birthday and we are taking her birthday off to celebrate and enjoy a nice long week-end.
I had to work too....

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #768
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
I'm with you....we never go anywhere dressed up, so it's fun for us....but I have a bum LEFT knee and right hip, so it's flats for me too!

I love dressing up on cruises and pretending .....
Ow! Had did you mess up your hip?! Flats are cute and comfy and frankly I have size 11 Hobbit feet (actually more monkey like). Even for the sister's wedding I asked if we can do flats..... my sister shattered her foot and can't wear heels anymore, so it worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyCruisinSusan View Post
I plan on wearing the dress that I wore on formal night in 2004. It's a very pretty dress and my sister made the jewelry to go with it. I've only worn it that one time. Only problem is it will have to be taken in
That is super awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post
I do enjoy getting dressed up occasionally but unless I lose the weight I put on, I will not be buying anything new and it will be only black cocktail dresses-- on the other hand, if I do lose the weight, I won't need to buy anything new! I hate this getting older bit- it seems harder and harder and harder to lose any of it that creeps on! If anyone out there needs an online "diet buddy", let me know. I have really started in earnest about a week ago. I have 77 days until my (our) next cruise and the goal is to be down 12+ l't bs by then and then NOT to gain any on that cruise : ( It won't be easy but I keep telling myself , it is cheaper to eat less than to buy a new wardrobe!
This is bad and it's bad confession:
I have a problem with sleep eating. I can't be anyone's diet buddy because during the day when I sleep I come downstairs and apparently will have a full meal, go back upstairs, and not remember it. Then when I do wake up and make my breakfast for work my folks are like "wait.... Didn't you eat at like 5pm?" So I have a really hard time dieting and can't be anyone's diet buddy.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #769
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Oh and I had to work all weekend. Had a really bad weekend at work.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #770
Shelljay
Earning My Ears

we had to work on Friday too....and we live in a resort area...the traffic has been crazy.

On a cruise note...when we cruised last, back in 2004, you could buy a length of cruise pass into the spa to use certain areas whenever you wanted...do they still do that? My daughter is old enough now to be able to use the spa and I thought it would be a nice mother/daughter bonding time.

Last edited by Shelljay; 07-07-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Shelljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #771
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelljay View Post
we had to work on Friday too....and we live in a resort area...the traffic has been crazy.

On a cruise note...when we cruised last, back in 2004, you could buy a length of cruise pass into the spa to use certain areas whenever you wanted...do they still do that? My daughter is old enough now to be able to use the spa and I thought it would be a nice mother/daughter bonding time.
We could do that on the Fantasy. I wonder how much it'll be for a 2 week cruise.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #772
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

The lady on the Wonder said that you would buy a 7day pass and when that expires you'll simply renew it for another 7 days. I believe it was about $200 pp for 7 days. I wasn't impressed. I allows you to take advantage of the steam rooms, hot couches and dry heAt rooms as well as the aroma therapy rooms. To be honest... The EBPC cruise is going to be HOT. If I need a heat room, I'll only have to go out on deck.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #773
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
The lady on the Wonder said that you would buy a 7day pass and when that expires you'll simply renew it for another 7 days. I believe it was about $200 pp for 7 days. I wasn't impressed. I allows you to take advantage of the steam rooms, hot couches and dry heAt rooms as well as the aroma therapy rooms. To be honest... The EBPC cruise is going to be HOT. If I need a heat room, I'll only have to go out on deck.
Hey, Welcome back there Steve good buddy. How was your Alaska cruise? That was a dumb question wasn't it?!?? It was a Disney cruise!!! Hope you had a GREAT time!!!

Have you checked out the first post Steve? What do you think of the graphics for the cruise? Also, if you have any ideas for improving the first post to make it easier / better for new arrivals to our cruise, please suggest away. I want this thread to be fun for everyone.

Thanks for the info about the spa treatment. I had thought about surprising DW with one of the spa passes. We have never done a spa treatment................no.............I'm not kidding...............DW just never wanted to do this. But we got to talking a couple of weeks ago about the spa treatments, and she said maybe we should do one this cruise. We'll have to talk some more about this. Price ain't too bad............I'll let her know............after all she is the CFO of our household.................. (when I let her!!!)

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #774
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

We had a great cruise. I highly recommend the Alaska cruise. I'll be writing a review of it as soon as I'm home.

I'll have to look at the first post. Right now I'm still in Canada a operating out of my phone hooked to wifi. Sucks. I've become entirely to dependent on this thing. Finding it hard just to find A pizza parlor in a foreign country with no access!

My wife loves the spa and I fork out a bucketful of money every time for her to get a massage every cruise. This was the first cruise I've even gone into the spa! I do like the workout room though. I'll spend some time there working off some calories.

About the passes, one thing that the spa worker suggested was that you book them online when your window opens. She says the passes frequently sell out.

Quote:
Hey, Welcome back there Steve good buddy. How was your Alaska cruise? That was a dumb question wasn't it?!?? It was a Disney cruise!!! Hope you had a GREAT time!!!

Have you checked out the first post Steve? What do you think of the graphics for the cruise? Also, if you have any ideas for improving the first post to make it easier / better for new arrivals to our cruise, please suggest away. I want this thread to be fun for everyone.

Thanks for the info about the spa treatment. I had thought about surprising DW with one of the spa passes. We have never done a spa treatment................no.............I'm not kidding...............DW just never wanted to do this. But we got to talking a couple of weeks ago about the spa treatments, and she said maybe we should do one this cruise. We'll have to talk some more about this. Price ain't too bad............I'll let her know............after all she is the CFO of our household.................. (when I let her!!!)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #775
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

First post looks great!

I'll have to put my hat in the ring for the Palo brunch!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #776
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had a great cruise. I highly recommend the Alaska cruise. I'll be writing a review of it as soon as I'm home.

I'll have to look at the first post. Right now I'm still in Canada a operating out of my phone hooked to wifi. Sucks. I've become entirely to dependent on this thing. Finding it hard just to find A pizza parlor in a foreign country with no access!

My wife loves the spa and I fork out a bucketful of money every time for her to get a massage every cruise. This was the first cruise I've even gone into the spa! I do like the workout room though. I'll spend some time there working off some calories.

About the passes, one thing that the spa worker suggested was that you book them online when your window opens. She says the passes frequently sell out.
Oh my, you are still on vacation!!! Good for you. (I got to go to work tomorrow, and then again Thursday, and yet again Friday. But then it will be my weekly 4 days off!!!)

I'll be looking forward to reading your review when you write it. The Alaska cruise is on the ol' bucket list for DW and I. Not sure when we will do it, but we'll gitter done!!!

We are doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Oasis of the Seas in October this year. We just want to check out the ship. It's not a Disney Cruise but we have wanted to check out this ship every since it came out. DCL is our first love and always will be. We are thinking for 2015 if Disney goes back to the Med again, do the last 7 day Med cruise then back that up with staying on board to bring the ship back home to the states. That would be 21 days on board!!! Just a pipe dream right now....................................but you just never know!!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 07-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #777
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First post looks great!

I'll have to put my hat in the ring for the Palo brunch!
Yes, do that Steve. Would be allot of fun..................all of us together. Nice photo op of all of us!!! Here is a photo from our 2011 Disney Dream cruise at our Palo Brunch with our friends and table mates. Try to guess which ones are me and Donna. Nope that ain't me................nope that one either....................really............do you think that one is me!!!...............So you all won't have to keep guessing..................we are the ones in the chairs the Palo Head Chef is resting his arms on. His name is Silvio Aragona from Italy. We had asked for one of his recipes and he came out to personally give it to us. Thought that was a nice of him.

Also, thought ya'll might get a kick out of a picture of me at our stateroom door. Same 2011 Disney Dream Cruise. It's a hoot ain't it!!! I even took my sunglasses off so you could see my face!!! DW takes the best photo's!!!!!

We Are

Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #778
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, do that Steve. Would be allot of fun..................all of us together. Nice photo op of all of us!!! Here is a photo from our 2011 Disney Dream cruise at our Palo Brunch with our friends and table mates. Try to guess which ones are me and Donna. Nope that ain't me................nope that one either....................really............do you think that one is me!!!...............So you all won't have to keep guessing..................we are the ones in the chairs the Palo Head Chef is resting his arms on. His name is Silvio Aragona from Italy. We had asked for one of his recipes and he came out to personally give it to us. Thought that was a nice of him.

Also, thought ya'll might get a kick out of a picture of me at our stateroom door. Same 2011 Disney Dream Cruise. It's a hoot ain't it!!! I even took my sunglasses off so you could see my face!!! DW takes the best photo's!!!!!
But now I will know who's walking by my lounge chair!!! All I gotta do is look for your feet!!! No covered shoes for you!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #779
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
But now I will know who's walking by my lounge chair!!! All I gotta do is look for your feet!!! No covered shoes for you!
Funny you should mention the shoes. DW had bought me those shoes/sandals right before the cruise. After taking the photo, DW tried to get me to delete it from the camera. I thought it was funny and kept it. Her first response after seeing the photo was, the sandals are the best part of my attire anyways!!!

We Are

Old 07-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #780
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner

Quote:

How often do you let her use the camera?

July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: