Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #721
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran
 
kdeans1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 714

My friend Em that is coming with us is going to be 25 on the cruise, or is it 26? She has a birthday on the boat too.

I don't have kids, I have my dog. I like my dog more than most people.
__________________
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #722
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Do we get off in Panama?
.
No, we do not get off in Panama. The trip through the locks begins early in the day, I think it was 8 AM when we went through, and it takes all day. We came out into the Caribbean just about 7:30 PM.

We were sitting in Sessions having a drink before dinner when the pilot scraped the side of the lock going out. When we got to Cartagena and got off the ship for our excursion, the crew was already out there painting over the loooooooooooong scrape down the side of the ship.
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #723
OMD13
Mouseketeer
 
OMD13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post
Hi Steve,
David relayed the message that you were fine with us using the picture/ logo that you designed. Question: I have tried to upload it in an attempt to make a magnet / postcard etc. and I keep getting the message that the resolution is not high enough. I am not very computer literate when it comes to enhancing the resolution, etc. and was wondering if there was anyway you could direct me in doing so. I have tried to some enhancing/ high resolution on Photobucket for some other pictures (not yours) and even when I did, I was told it was not adequate. Any ideas, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Maria
I am also having the same problem. I would love to use the picture and I too am not very computer literate.
__________________

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #724
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran
 
kdeans1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
No, we do not get off in Panama. The trip through the locks begins early in the day, I think it was 8 AM when we went through, and it takes all day. We came out into the Caribbean just about 7:30 PM.

We were sitting in Sessions having a drink before dinner when the pilot scraped the side of the lock going out. When we got to Cartagena and got off the ship for our excursion, the crew was already out there painting over the loooooooooooong scrape down the side of the ship.
Ack! Bad! I would have a massive MI if I were the captain.
__________________
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #725
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Ack! Bad! I would have a massive MI if I were the captain.
I don't hink Capt. Tom was very pleased, to be sure!

There is only 6 inches on each side between the ship and the sides of the locks.

OH!! And it is VERY HOT and HUMID going through!!
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #726
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner
 
KyCruisinSusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mt Washington, Ky
Posts: 1,019

At least he didn't rip a hole in the side and sink her.

Do these long cruises have things like pirates night? I still have my costume from 04' when Captain Hook tried to escort me off to dinner after we took pictures with him . My fiancé at the time chased after us going "tick tock, tick tock" and Hook let go of my arm and ran away
__________________
Susan


July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #727
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner
 
KyCruisinSusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mt Washington, Ky
Posts: 1,019

Does Disney offer any type of swimming with the dolphins excursion on this cruise? I would love to do this and so would mom. I know we can't book anything until a year from now but I would love input on what the choices for excursions may be.

I signed us up to participate in the FE thing but I've never done this before. Can some of you veterans give me some ideas about what I need to hang off of our fish? What do most of you use that doesn't fall apart when you put something in it?
__________________
Susan


July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip

Last edited by KyCruisinSusan; 06-28-2013 at 08:20 PM.
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #728
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran
 
dsnydaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 1,960

Yeah there should be a lot of opportunities for dolphin swim. I think both western Mexican ports offer such and Cozumel.
__________________
dsnydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #729
spacecanada
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 462

I may be interested in an early morning run too. I normally run 30-50km per week, and being ship bound drives me nuts unless I can run every day or two. that's not to say I run that much on the ship... This is vacation after all!
spacecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #730
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner
 
KyCruisinSusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mt Washington, Ky
Posts: 1,019

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
Yeah there should be a lot of opportunities for dolphin swim. I think both western Mexican ports offer such and Cozumel.
Yea!! Thanks!

Since I haven't sailed on DCL in 9 years, 10 years when this cruise happens, will someone please update me on the tipping of the crew. Used to be mousekeeping got $2/person/day and I don't remember what we tipped our servers. Since this cruise is twice as long as the last one I took I want to make sure that I budget correctly to show our appreciation for the great service the crew provide.
__________________
Susan


July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip

Last edited by KyCruisinSusan; 06-29-2013 at 06:57 AM.
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #731
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyCruisinSusan View Post
At least he didn't rip a hole in the side and sink her.

Do these long cruises have things like pirates night? I still have my costume from 04' when Captain Hook tried to escort me off to dinner after we took pictures with him . My fiancé at the time chased after us going "tick tock, tick tock" and Hook let go of my arm and ran away
We had pirate night, a formal night and two semi-formal nights. I understand the ones since ours have had 2 formal nights and 1 semi-formal....

Sounds like a fun interaction! Capt. Jack Sparrow challenged DH to a duel....
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #732
davidls
DIS Veteran
 
davidls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 2,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyCruisinSusan View Post
Yea!! Thanks!

Since I haven't sailed on DCL in 9 years, 10 years when this cruise happens, will someone please update me on the tipping of the crew. Used to be mousekeeping got $2/person/day and I don't remember what we tipped our servers. Since this cruise is twice as long as the last one I took I want to make sure that I budget correctly to show our appreciation for the great service the crew provide.
Hi Susan, according to the Disney Cruise Line website, tipping is $84.00 per person for a 7 day cruise. That takes care of all your servers and your stateroom host/hostess for the cruise. So for our 14 day cruise I guess we would double that to $168.00 per person for the 14 day cruise. Someone who has done a 14 day cruise correct me if I am wrong.

As far as your pocket fish extender, neither DW or I are very crafty in making our own. So I went on ebay and in search typed in fish extender. It showed people who make them for you. You could buy 2 or 4 pocket fish extenders. at a very reasonable price. I bought one for our the three of us when our granddaughter was cruising with us. I'm going to buy another 2 pocket one for DW and I for this cruise and other cruises coming up.
__________________
Our 1st Disney Cruise - 7 Days Eastern Caribbean - Disney Magic - Oct. 2007
Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 3 Days Bahamas - Disney Wonder - Oct. 2008

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014


Last edited by davidls; 06-29-2013 at 08:45 AM.
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #733
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran
 
kdeans1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyCruisinSusan View Post

I signed us up to participate in the FE thing but I've never done this before. Can some of you veterans give me some ideas about what I need to hang off of our fish? What do most of you use that doesn't fall apart when you put something in it?
I made my first one out of two oven mitts. It was simple and great for my personality. This next one I'm going to get really creative. For my birthday my mom gave me a sewing machine this year. Yay! Also Ikea has one.

I'm budgeting $200 for tips.
__________________
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #734
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran
 
Va-NanaTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Hi Susan, according to the Disney Cruise Line website, tipping is $84.00 per person for a 7 day cruise. That takes care of all your servers and your stateroom host/hostess for the cruise. So for our 14 day cruise I guess we would double that to $168.00 per person for the 14 day cruise. Someone who has done a 14 day cruise correct me if I am wrong.

As far as your pocket fish extender, neither DW or I are very crafty in making our own. So I went on ebay and in search typed in fish extender. It showed people who make them for you. You could buy 2 or 4 pocket fish extenders. at a very reasonable price. I bought one for our the three of us when our granddaughter was cruising with us. I'm going to buy another 2 pocket one for DW and I for this cruise and other cruises coming up.
You are correct, it is broken down so much per person per day. I always take extra cash to put with the tip ticket in their envelope because I have found they definitely earn it!

Also, remember if you have drinks at a bar, they will add the gratuity to your bill for that as well. you might wish to have money to tip your tour guides in the ports as well as bus drivers for any tours. Tipping in these cases is at your discretion. We usually did $5-10 for the two of us depending on the tour.
__________________
Sulley (Dave) VA-NanaTink (Stephanie)

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #735
gramfrog
Mouseketeer
 
gramfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tower Lakes, IL, near Chicago
Posts: 246

Sorry, fellow cruisers, but we decided in favor of the DCL WBTA cruising at the same time. We hope you have a great time on the EBPC2014! Hope to see some of your friendly faces on another cruise.... Jacquie and Joe
__________________
DVC member, Bay Lake Tower and Aulani; Disneyland Paris (Halloween, Christmas), Dream Oct'11 Bahamas ; Fantasy Jan '12 Western Caribbean; Member Cruise Dream Sept '12; Galveston-to-WDW Magic Jan'13; EBTA Magic May '13; Alaska Wonder Sept '13, Inaugural sailing on the NEW Magic Oct. '13, Bahamas Dream Dec '13. Magic Feb '14, Bahamas Dream B2B March '14, PLATINUM! EBTA Magic May '14, WBTA Magic Sept '14, Fantasy Feb. 2015, EBTA Magic '15 to Copenhagen!
gramfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.