Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #706
mmbl
DIS Veteran

STEVE- DisneyDad- Your picture design question

Hi Steve,
David relayed the message that you were fine with us using the picture/ logo that you designed. Question: I have tried to upload it in an attempt to make a magnet / postcard etc. and I keep getting the message that the resolution is not high enough. I am not very computer literate when it comes to enhancing the resolution, etc. and was wondering if there was anyway you could direct me in doing so. I have tried to some enhancing/ high resolution on Photobucket for some other pictures (not yours) and even when I did, I was told it was not adequate. Any ideas, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Maria
Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #707
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Nachi Cocom - Cozumel- They are taking reservations

Just an FYI: I did make online reservations for Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. I thought it was too early, but apparantly it isn't. Again, they only have 100 guests per day and it does fill up quickly if you are considering it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #708
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
In Cozumel there's a little town square/plaza. My dad took me for margaritas there. And we looked around the town. This time around I want to find the synagogue. I really want to explore the town and see the temple, have some yummy Mexican food. I kinda' am nervous about Columbia.
Colombia is beautiful! Cartagena anyway! We were on the inaugural DCL cruise into Cartagena and our tour guide told us "please, tell your friends, we are not Bogota!!" It's a beautiful old city tour we took. One word of caution, you will see many people in traditional garb who will quite willingly pose for you, and then expect a tip. Also many young men in silver paint posing as statues, same thing.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #709
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am going to get flack for this, but being the book nerd I am I can't do ereaders. I've tried. My mom has one and I just can't get into it.
I was dragged kicking and screaming because I won't get rid of books easily and DH said I couldn't buy anymore until I did.......and which of my babies do I give up??? soooooo...my Kindle holds them all (my preciousssss) and it's soooooo much better than putting my back out (OK, DH's but I digress) hauling books on vacation!!! I still go to bookstores and buy real books, but I take fluff on vacation, Kindle is fine.....Now I won't travel without it!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 06-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #710
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post

6 years and 9 months huh? Well that will go by in the wink of an eye!!!
We relocated to Florida over 20 years ago. Both our jobs up north were being downsized, so we took the plunge, and it was the best thing we ever did!!!

Sounds like it will like going home for your DH going back to SD.

We have a Facebook page as well. It is by invitation only. We want to keep it just for our group here on the EBPC cruise. Just send Cayla, (Padalyn), a PM along with your email address associated with Facebook, and she will invite you to join the group. Again, glad you are joining us!!!
But who's counting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post
Hi and Welcome!
Just wanted to tell you that you made me feel especially happy saying that you are young empty nesters celebrating your 35th anniversary- our youngest left for college in 2005 and I simply cannot believe we have been empty-nesting that long! We will have just celebrated our 33rd before the cruise and we weren't that old when we got married so I am officially joining employing 'young empty nester' status! Actually, it will be my 60th birthday right after the cruise but since hubby is a few years younger, I am hoping we can still call ourselves 'young.' I am not happy to be having a birthday of (yuk, yuk, yuk) that number but since I am not quite ready to kick the so-called bucket, I will do my best to smile and accept it as gracefully as I can. If I drink more on this cruise than on others, that will be the sole reason. Anyway, welcome again!
Check out the first page of this thread and you will find sign up sheets for travel from DL area to Port, Fish Extender, Table groupings, Brunch at Palo and maybe more!
Maria (and Brian) from Texas
Feel free! Dave and I will be 56 by sail date. Our youngest left home 'for good' as I like to say...he left, came back, left...in 2007. Yeah we got married as kids (20) and had our first child at 23!!! But we beat the odds and other than his horrific desire for me to get rid of books, we get along pretty good! he does tell me I have to downsize before we move to Florida....I'm thinking......no?

I have signed up for FE, Table groupings, though we've been very lucky for the most part with our table mates, to actually be seated with someone you know slightly is a fun thing too (we sat at a table of friends on our first PC cruise) and I've requested the link to the FB page, though I tend to like DIS better.

And with that, I am officially caught up!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #711
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

I will post the photobucket picture tomorrow. I came home from work, got busy cooking (we're having a potluck at work tonight. I smoked a pork shoulder for 3 hours and then put it in the slow cooker with root beer until I need to wake up. I also made jalapeno/bacon bites), and now.... sleepy time. Totally spaced.

I don't need to be worried about Columbia? Are we sure....? We are looking at doing Land's End beach thing.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #712
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will post the photobucket picture tomorrow. I came home from work, got busy cooking (we're having a potluck at work tonight. I smoked a pork shoulder for 3 hours and then put it in the slow cooker with root beer until I need to wake up. I also made jalapeno/bacon bites), and now.... sleepy time. Totally spaced.

I don't need to be worried about Columbia? Are we sure....? We are looking at doing Land's End beach thing.
I don't know anything about that tour, but this is recent and up to date. As with any foreign country... stay in a group, don't wander off by yourself, don't wave around cash and always be aware of your surroundings. I actually felt more comfortable in Cartagena than I did in Mexico.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...w/tw_5931.html

Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #713
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
I was dragged kicking and screaming because I won't get rid of books easily and DH said I couldn't buy anymore until I did.......and which of my babies do I give up??? soooooo...my Kindle holds them all (my preciousssss) and it's soooooo much better than putting my back out (OK, DH's but I digress) hauling books on vacation!!! I still go to bookstores and buy real books, but I take fluff on vacation, Kindle is fine.....Now I won't travel without it!
I too like all of you was a constant book reader. DW told me it was either her or the books had to go. Well, I thought, and I thought, and I though, and I thought................................. finally I decided the books had to go. Now we both have kindles and loving it. And we lived happily ever after!!! (No not really................but the story needed a happy ending!!!)

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #714
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Feel free! Dave and I will be 56 by sail date. Our youngest left home 'for good' as I like to say...he left, came back, left...in 2007. Yeah we got married as kids (20) and had our first child at 23!!! But we beat the odds and other than his horrific desire for me to get rid of books, we get along pretty good! he does tell me I have to downsize before we move to Florida....I'm thinking......no?
That is something, DW and will be 6................er ahhhhhhhhhhhhh 5..........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we will be in our forty's by the time of the cruise!!! We have two grown children and 4 grandchildren. (We started REAL early!!!)

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #715
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is something, DW and will be 6................er ahhhhhhhhhhhhh 5..........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we will be in our forty's by the time of the cruise!!! We have two grown children and 4 grandchildren. (We started REAL early!!!)

So much in common...we also have two grown children and four grandchildren. And if you are in your ahhhhhhhh 40s at sailing time, looks like we might actually be in our 30s? Yeah, we started REALLY early and so did the boys!

Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #716
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So much in common...we also have two grown children and four grandchildren. And if you are in your ahhhhhhhh 40s at sailing time, looks like we might actually be in our 30s? Yeah, we started REALLY early and so did the boys!
It is a small world ain't it!!! Oh Nooooooooooooooooooo..................It's A Small World.........................It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all.............................everybody sing it with me...................It's a small world after all, It's a small, small world. (I didn't hear allot of you out there singing................................and somebody was off key!!! (Oh, that was me.............................never mind!!!)

We Are

Old 06-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #717
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know anything about that tour, but this is recent and up to date. As with any foreign country... stay in a group, don't wander off by yourself, don't wave around cash and always be aware of your surroundings. I actually felt more comfortable in Cartagena than I did in Mexico.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...w/tw_5931.html
DW and I are both looking forward to Cartagena. DW has been to Mexico a couple of different times for her job. I have never been to Mexico. But we are aware what has been going on in Mexico. In all ports we plan to stay with a group, will probably do Disney excursions in all ports.

We Are

Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #718
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is a small world ain't it!!! Oh Nooooooooooooooooooo..................It's A Small World.........................It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all.............................everybody sing it with me...................It's a small world after all, It's a small, small world. (I didn't hear allot of you out there singing................................and somebody was off key!!! (Oh, that was me.............................never mind!!!)
Oh great,...now it's stuck ......it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all.......

Quote:
DW and I are both looking forward to Cartagena. DW has been to Mexico a couple of different times for her job. I have never been to Mexico. But we are aware what has been going on in Mexico. In all ports we plan to stay with a group, will probably do Disney excursions in all ports.
we do too....I'd rather spend a little more for peace of mind.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #719
yukongirl123
DIS Lurker

Cartagena

On our WBPC this year, someone organized a tour with Dora the Explorer, (has great reviews on Trip Advisor). I think there were about 16 of us and the cost was $65/person. We met in the Promenade lounge about 15 minutes before the official docking time and were the first ones off the ship, so we were able to start our tour before the larger DCL groups. As a result we were able to tour the monastery before it got crowded. It is a beautiful city, with some beautiful architcture in the old city. If you were looking to do something outside of the DCL offerings, I would recommend this. Only downside, Cartegena has a lot of street vendors....
Disney Wonder March 13-20, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Sept 20-Oct 2, 2011 Vancouver to LA Repo & Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder B2B Mar 4-11 & Mar 11-18, 2012 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Oct 14-28, 2012 Hawaii Disney Wonder May 6-20, 2013 Panama Canal Disney Wonder Sept 2-9, 2013 Alaska Disney Wonder May 5-17, 2014 Panama Canal
yukongirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #720
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Do we get off in Panama?

I swear I am not a sleep junkie...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: