Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #676
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist View Post

Don't let it bother you. I'm 62, and will be 64 (cue Beatle's song) when we sail. Moreover, yoga is great to help us "middle-aged" types retain and improve flexibility. I'll look forward to meeting you!

Or am I mistaken? Have we already met on the 2010 WBTA? Your handle seems familiar.

Richard
We have never done trans-Atlantic; and I really do need a better screen name!
Maria
Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #677
davidls
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!!

I made some changes to the first post. Hopefully it is an improvement to help all new cruisers joining our cruise to links to the FE, Palo Brunch, Carpooling, Our Facebook Group, and a link to our itinerary for the cruise. Let me know what ya'll think, and I am accepting suggestions to make it better. My little feeling won't be hurt at all....................my little feelings..............won't be hurt.......................no not at all..................my little feelings!!! Seriously, if any one has an idea please let me know. I could use the help here. I want this to be easy and fun for everyone.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #678
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post

I made some changes to the first post. Hopefully it is an improvement to help all new cruisers joining our cruise to links to the FE, Palo Brunch, Carpooling, Our Facebook Group, and a link to our itinerary for the cruise. Let me know what ya'll think, and I am accepting suggestions to make it better. My little feeling won't be hurt at all....................my little feelings..............won't be hurt.......................no not at all..................my little feelings!!! Seriously, if any one has an idea please let me know. I could use the help here. I want this to be easy and fun for everyone.
Looks great, David. Could you add a comment about the sign-up for the dining room seating? I haven't published the link, since the spreadsheet is editable by anyone viewing it, so if people would just send me a private message I'll send the link so they can add their information to the sheet.

Thanks!

Karen

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #679
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Great job David Thanks for the links it makes is so easy to check everything out.

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #680
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35 View Post
Looks great, David. Could you add a comment about the sign-up for the dining room seating? I haven't published the link, since the spreadsheet is editable by anyone viewing it, so if people would just send me a private message I'll send the link so they can add their information to the sheet.

Thanks!

Karen
Karen,

It is done. I copied from your original post and added some to it. Check it out and let me know what you think. If you want it worded any differently just let me know. Also, you had mentioned you would keep a list for families who would like to be seated together. Are you doing that as well? Let me know.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 06-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #681
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Karen,

It is done. I copied from your original post and added some to it. Check it out and let me know what you think. If you want it worded any differently just let me know. Also, you had mentioned you would keep a list for families who would like to be seated together. Are you doing that as well? Let me know.
The list is for everyone. Those with children can add their children's ages, and when the time comes to make up the tables they can be seated together.

Karen

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #682
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

I think I'm cool with whomever Disney pairs us with.... Unless Disney pairs us with another weird guy playing footsie with me despite me putting my legs as far under my chair as feasible. If this happens I will surely be sitting at the equivalent to Cabanas.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #683
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35 View Post
The list is for everyone. Those with children can add their children's ages, and when the time comes to make up the tables they can be seated together.

Karen
Ok, I'll go over to the first post and make that change. Thanks Karen.

We Are

Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #684
davidls
DIS Veteran

Hey Steve.......................you out there..................haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well. I know, you put in allot of hours at work. Oh, and your Alaska cruise is coming up. Bet you are all excited about that. Have fun on your Alaska cruise. I'm jealous that I can't go!!!

We Are

Old 06-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #685
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

What excursions is everyone looking at? My friends and I were looking for different ones and we have ideas...
Old 06-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #686
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
What excursions is everyone looking at? My friends and I were looking for different ones and we have ideas...
Way too early to even think about it...we have a few other trips planned before this one and have to get those organized! Spent an hour on the phone with DVC this morning trying to get my points fixed...seems they used the wrong points for my January reservation!
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #687
scopewest
Earning My Ears

We're thinking of taking this cruise and then spending the weekend after at WDW. Last time I was there was 1978, yeow.

You're probably looking at my post count and saying "and where has she been," and the answer is over on the Cruise Critic message boards because we've been cruising every year since 1995, although we haven't taken a Disney cruise yet. In fact I went to see if there was a roll call for this cruise at CC, and someone posted the link to the DIS boards.

The next question is why haven't we cruised Disney, and don't laugh, one reason is there is no library on board the ships. I can't travel without being able to read, and dragging half a dozen books has become an extreme hassle. Then the book gods invented Kindle, I finally bought one, and so the lack of a library excuse is gone! I saw this itinerary, and thought hey, I can go to WDW without flying. (Okay, I have to fly home but whatever.)

Anyway, I'll let you know if we finally book this cruise, but it looks good right now.
scopewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #688
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopewest View Post
The next question is why haven't we cruised Disney, and don't laugh, one reason is there is no library on board the ships. I can't travel without being able to read, and dragging half a dozen books has become an extreme hassle. Then the book gods invented Kindle, I finally bought one, and so the lack of a library excuse is gone! I saw this itinerary, and thought hey, I can go to WDW without flying. (Okay, I have to fly home but whatever.)

Anyway, I'll let you know if we finally book this cruise, but it looks good right now.
I am organizing a book exchange. Just in case you get on the boat and realize "crap... I don't want to read any of these books."
Old 06-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #689
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopewest View Post
We're thinking of taking this cruise and then spending the weekend after at WDW. Last time I was there was 1978, yeow.

You're probably looking at my post count and saying "and where has she been," and the answer is over on the Cruise Critic message boards because we've been cruising every year since 1995, although we haven't taken a Disney cruise yet. In fact I went to see if there was a roll call for this cruise at CC, and someone posted the link to the DIS boards.

scopewest & family to the cruise!!! Hope you decide to join us. And, glad you were able to find us. This would be your first Disney Cruise!!! How exciting. You will have a GREAT time. When I was reading your post I said to myself..............self you need to tell scopewest to get a kindle. Then as I continued reading I saw you had bought one. My DW and I both have one, and they are great. We plan to have ours all loaded up with books we want to read. Not sure just how much reading we will do, but we will have the kindles all set to go. We are planning on flying out to CA a few days early to go to Disneyland before the cruise. We have never been to Disneyland. So this cruise was an excellent opportunity to see Disneyland too!! A good one for you to visit WDW again!!! Again hope you decide to join us!!!

We Are

Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #690
newbydisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Not sure it is too early to be thinking about Nachi Cocoom ( Cozumel) or however you spell it. It fills fast and we really enjoyed it last time we went.

There is a 5 day double dip out of Port Canaveral immediately after this cruise if anyone is really upset about missing CC....I am seriously considering it..I know I must be crazy...my DH wouldn't probably go..or he may skip the PC and just do that...either way I may be single on one or the other.
newbydisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: