Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

How are the steaks at Rose & Crown and Sci Fi?

We've never been to R&C, so I'm considering it for August. The only thing on the menu that appeals to me on the dinner menu is the steak. I'm thinking the Grilled Tenderloin and Fried Fish. How is it? Sci Fi is DD10's must-do, so we tolerate it . I usually go for the shrimp pasta (not a big burger or sandwich fan), but I see there's a steak on the menu...anybody have it recently? Gotta get a good steak where I can this year...since the only 2 credit place we're doing is Hoop Dee Doo
Old 02-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannn View Post
We've never been to R&C, so I'm considering it for August. The only thing on the menu that appeals to me on the dinner menu is the steak. I'm thinking the Grilled Tenderloin and Fried Fish. How is it? Sci Fi is DD10's must-do, so we tolerate it . I usually go for the shrimp pasta (not a big burger or sandwich fan), but I see there's a steak on the menu...anybody have it recently? Gotta get a good steak where I can this year...since the only 2 credit place we're doing is Hoop Dee Doo
My DD11's favorite DHS restaurant is Sci-Fi, so we go there each trip (except for last trip I convinced her to try 50's Prime Time Cafe, and she loved it!). I've only ever had the burgers, so I can't comment on the steak.

DD15 and I dined at Rose and Crown for the Candlelight Processional Package. We booked it late and there weren't many options left available for the package, so we went with it. We've eaten at R&C a few times quite a few years ago when the menu was different. I really wanted to try the steak and fried fish combo. Researched reviews of it and was skeptical at first, several people commented on the steak not being top notch and it not being cooked the way they wanted it.
I figured I would try it anyway. It was my favorite meal of the trip!
The steak is no Ruth Chris' steak at all.
But mine WAS cooked the way I asked for it, was pretty tender and flavorful.
I'm not a huge fish person, but like a little of the fried fish from Yorkshire when DH or DS gets it. It was soo delicous as were the vegetables and yorkshire pudding and gravy as well. I think I just hit it right, everything was perfectly seasoned, hot and fresh.
With the package, we had an appetizer, entree and dessert, and I thought there was no way I would ever be able to eat all of it, but it was so good, I found a way.
I can post a photo later if I can find that memory card.
Just my experience, which was a pleasant surprise!

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

My DH did not enjoy his steak at SCi Fi. He know orders the burger.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

I've had the steak/fish combo at Rose and Crown twice and both times it was really good. Not the best steak I have ever had, but still very good.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
Serkazong
Earning My Ears

When I think of the UK and food, steak just never enters my mind. But I'm sure they are more than capable of a good steak. I've had the fish and chips there and its outstanding! In fact, if Im not eating at R&C, then fish and chips from the counter stand is a must do.

Try a side of Bubble and Squeak, and a Scotch Egg appetizer, they are both great.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

I've always heard if you're going to the Sci-Fi- go for experience and ambiance, and be safe and get a burger and a milkshake. It's not known for it's food but I think if you just order a simple burger the food is just fine- that's what I hear over and over and intend to do myself when I go at the end of the month. I wouldn't go to a place personally not known for it's food but rather it's 'ambiance' and order something like steak- because I think it's a bit of a set up to be disappointed

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

The idea of ordering a steak at Sci Fi Dine-In is frightening to me. I ate there once and will never return. I stuck with the food I thought would be safe - a burger and onion rings - and it was inedible. So, I can just imagine what the steak would be like.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: