Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

How early to arrive for first seating of Minnie and Friends?

We have reservations for the first seating at Minnie and Friends, which is 9:40am. How early should we arrive at the gate? I was thinking 9:00-9:15. Too early? Not early enough? It's on a Monday, if that makes a difference?

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDisneyMama View Post
We have reservations for the first seating at Minnie and Friends, which is 9:40am. How early should we arrive at the gate? I was thinking 9:00-9:15. Too early? Not early enough? It's on a Monday, if that makes a difference?
Based on your description, I'm thinking the park opens at 10 AM that day. People will probably start being allowed in around 9:30ish to visit Main Street and wait for rope drop. Since you have a breakfast reservation, you should be able to proceed to Gate 1 and enter through that turnstile. It should be labelled for the breakfast, and there may even be a special signing standing out front to draw attention. So I would say 9 AM is too early to arrive. If you like to be early, 9:15 is fine because there will probably be a few other people in the line for Gate 1 and that should get you near the front. I expect you'll be let in around 9:30ish like everyone else.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
Based on your description, I'm thinking the park opens at 10 AM that day. People will probably start being allowed in around 9:30ish to visit Main Street and wait for rope drop. Since you have a breakfast reservation, you should be able to proceed to Gate 1 and enter through that turnstile. It should be labelled for the breakfast, and there may even be a special signing standing out front to draw attention. So I would say 9 AM is too early to arrive. If you like to be early, 9:15 is fine because there will probably be a few other people in the line for Gate 1 and that should get you near the front. I expect you'll be let in around 9:30ish like everyone else.
Yep, opens at 10. So, I think we'll plan on 9:15, but it sounds like I don't need to worry if we're running a few minutes behind that.

Thanks!

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

If you are partaking in the Minnie and Friends breakfast in the park, there is a specific gate (#1) that you line up in. It will have a lot less people than the other turnstiles. I think if you get in line at 9:20-9:30 you will still be okay.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
DLmama
Mouseketeer

We did Minnie & Friends this past Sunday. Our reservation time was 8:10, park opened at 8, but we were at the gates around 7:30. They opened the gates right after we got in line, so we ended up getting to Minnie's around 7:40 and were seated right away. It was so much fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: