Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

If we have reserved an excursion...

can we cancel when we get on board if we decide we don't want to leave the ship that day?
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Sure, but they will still charge you for it.

From DCL site:

Quote:
Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.
Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

isn't that for cancelling your cruise? I'm specifically concerned about a day excursion when the boat docks for a day somewhere...
Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
isn't that for cancelling your cruise? I'm specifically concerned about a day excursion when the boat docks for a day somewhere...
The above poster is correct and that is for Port Adventures. You can find the full script on DCL's website: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...re-excursions/

Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

They tell you very clearly that you must cancel three days before departure if you decide you do not want to go the excursion you booked. If you decide after that or that morning to not go, you will still be charged for it. So if you are not sure, maybe don't book it. You can go to the excursion desk once on the boat and see if any are available if you decide once on the boat you want to go. (At least that is what my trusty Passporter says!) But I bet the options are not plentiful at that time especially for excursions that are popular.

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
BuzzLightyearInTampa
DIS Veteran

The only exception I know of is if the weather is inclement. If they cancel the excursion, you receive full credit to your stateroom account. And if the weather is inclement and they don't cancel the tour, they sometimes give anyone who wishes an option to cancel with full credit as well.
Places we've stayed at WDW: All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans - Riverside, Port Orleans - French Quarter, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian.
Previous cruises:
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2001
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Magic, Oct-Nov, 2009
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2011
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, Nov-Dec, 2013
7-night Alaska, Disney Wonder, June, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathons completed - 2003, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
BuzzLightyearInTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
As jilljill said, that *is* for day excursions. If you want to cancel your cruise, that is 100% non-refundable 14 days prior to your cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLightyearInTampa View Post
The only exception I know of is if the weather is inclement. If they cancel the excursion, you receive full credit to your stateroom account. And if the weather is inclement and they don't cancel the tour, they sometimes give anyone who wishes an option to cancel with full credit as well.
Correct. If DCL cancels your excursion, for whatever reason, they will refund your money.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: