Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
mom2rb
DIS Veteran

What I Will Like About Magic Bands.

I just got back. I definitely have questions but after this last trip, there are some things that I will like about the Magic Bands.

1. The lines to get in the parks at opening. If the bands make this faster then great.

2. My boys are 14. We let them go off on their own. I was worried about them losing their APs, room keys and money. It will be nice when it is all around their wrists.

3. Once my husband left my AP in a fast pass machine and once my boys ran to fast pass Peter Pan and lost all of our APs.

4. I have to go to a work convention in May. It will be nice to be able to have. Fast Passes when I get to a park at 6:30.

5. We went to a water park one day. Having everything on a band would have been nice.

The problems I see are not being able to have a fast pass runner and only getting three passes a day. I hope those problems can be worked out, but After this trip with older kids, I can see how this might help me.

7/80 offsite, 7/84 offsite, 10/96 honeymoon at CBR, 9/03 Contemporary Wing, 12/04 SSR & AKL, 4/05 OKW & CSR, 9/05 BWV & OKW, 12/06 CSR & SSR, 06/07 VWL & BCV, 09/07 AKV & BWV, 09/09 BLT & SSR, 05/10 BWV & BCV, AKL & BLT 02/13, 05/13 Pop Century Work Trip, Halloween @ SSR
mom2rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rb View Post
The problems I see are not being able to have a fast pass runner
A- May not NEED a FP runner, as FP's MIGHT able to be scheduled from a smart phone or at central kiosks.
(And, its quite possible that one person can schedule all FP's for their entire group.)

B- If guests DO need multiple FP from a single attraction "in-person,"
a "FP Runner could take all of the BANDS with him/her to the FP machine in question.

Bands will be removable.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran

I think I'm going to love having one thing on me instead of a lanyard with a zipper pouch that has KTTW, tickets (since AP) and photopass. Just one thing! that I can wear into the pool and the waterparks! Can't wait to try it out.

There's been many negatives about the pending changes, but I do see some good coming out of this.

-Virginia
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 5/14, 12/14

mommyarewegoingback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post
I think I'm going to love having one thing on me instead of a lanyard with a zipper pouch that has KTTW, tickets (since AP) and photopass. Just one thing! that I can wear into the pool and the waterparks! Can't wait to try it out.

There's been many negatives about the pending changes, but I do see some good coming out of this.

-Virginia
Well, unless they make a change you will still have to carry the AP to validate AP benefits. From the Disney Park Experience Terms & Conditions under Converting To Paperless Tickets:
Quote:
Once available, you may convert certain paper tickets or passes to a paperless ticket or pass in the Site/App. Once converted, your ticket or pass park admission entitlements are stored in your account and fulfilled by an RF Device. The paper ticket or pass becomes void and is no longer valid for admission. However, you may want to keep your paper ticket or pass in the event you do not receive your RF Device before your visit or if you are a passholder you should keep your paper pass for validation of other passholder benefits.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...onditions.html
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

The only thing, and I stress ONLY thing I will like about the FP+

That everything is in one place.. Tickets, photopass, room key, CC (if you chose)

I had hoped disney could link the bands so that if a child was taken out of the park, by someone other then who their band is linked to..
An alarm or something would go off..
Or if you child is lost the could locate them in the park.. Based on where their band last pinged.. But I guess I'm given disney to much credit.. :-(

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Well, unless they make a change you will still have to carry the AP to validate AP benefits. From the Disney Park Experience Terms & Conditions under Converting To Paperless Tickets:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...onditions.html
Sigh... One could hope I guess.... I just want it to be rolled out so that we can see what they're going to do.
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 5/14, 12/14

mommyarewegoingback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
BenKling
Mouseketeer

I like the positive spin of this thread! So many negative ones.

1. I'm really excited that the wristbands will be essentially un-loseable, provided you keep them on. I'm always worried about leaving my KTTW card at a fast pass station, or losing it when I take it out of my wallet.

2. I also think the personalized experiences could end up being pretty cool!

That being said, I still don't have a clear idea about how the fast passes are supposed to work, and I'm not sure I'm a fan of reserving them ahead of time... But we will wait and see the details when they come out!

BenKling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

I really want to know already, also! We leave in two weeks and I wish we could try it out!! We probably aren't going back for two years after this trip...
Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

Any idea when this might be happening in the parks? We have a trip coming up May 16-22 and I'm curious if we'll get to have them or not.

MommytoCaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #10
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoCaitlyn View Post
1- Any idea when this might be happening in the parks?

We have a trip coming up May 16-22 and

2- I'm curious if we'll get to have them or not.
1- Sorry, but no.

2- Maybe, but unlikely.
Stay tuned.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #11
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
I had hoped disney could link the bands so that if a child was taken out of the park, by someone other then who their band is linked to..
An alarm or something would go off..
That would have caused problems on our family trip. Our grandson and granddaughter would have had to have eight adults linked to their bands since we were all constantly going off in subsets. If they could only have their parents linked, then my husband wouldn't have been able to take our granddaughter to Epcot while her parents went back to the resort with me. Or, I wouldn't have been able to be the "bus buddy" with my grandson because as we would leave a park, he *had* to be with me so we could sit on the bus together.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

I think I will like the new system also.

I don't mind scheduling my fastpasses in advance. I always know which park I am going to on which day based on crowd calendars. Even months in advance, morning is still morning, afternoon is still afternoon, and evening is still evening. I don't see what the big deal is about having to make a decision about the time of day you want to ride certain rides.

It's no more difficult to work your day around fastpasses than it is around ADRs. It's only a small portion of the day and leaves most of the time for winging it, if you chose. At least you will know you will have quick access to the rides that are most most important to you.

I like that you can park hop and arrive later in the day already having fastpasses.

My hope is that you will be able to buy custom bands in many different styles that will be able to linked to APs, reservations, etc. and be used for every trip.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: