Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
MAGICX2
DIS Veteran

PAT and boarding number?

We booked a cruise with only 14 days til the sail date. We are not using the online check in. What do we do about arriving at the Port if we don't have a PAT? We plan on getting there about 9:30-10am, departing from Miami. Will they let us in when we arrive since we have no PAT? Hoping for a low boarding number.

MeDH DS13DD10
MAGICX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Jareds_mommy
DIS Veteran

The port doesn't open until 11, and depending how busy they are they may make you wait until people with Pat at that time check in, we don't bother sowing up until 12:30 anf then the crush is gone and you can almost walk right on,
In LA I remember people who checked in online were put in a quicker line too, they checked that everythong was in order then set up to a check inline, the people who hadn't had to go to a different line.

Jareds_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I'd suggest you do the online check-in anyway, if for no reason than to get a PAT and be sure what time to arrive, plus you can print out your paperwork so you don't have to do it all at the terminal. Online check-in can be done (or changed) up to 3 days prior to departure. As PP mentioned, if you arrive at the port too early you could be standing outside for a while, though that doesn't seem to be a big deal with the classic ships. However, your boarding number is tied directly to your PAT, so without a PAT you definitely will not get a low boarding number and if you arrive real early you could be left sitting in the terminal for quite a while.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
LVaughn
DVC and Gold Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareds_mommy View Post
they checked that everythong was in order
I'm sure glad they were checking every thong. What about the people that weren't wearing thongs?

As for the question, I'm sure they'll assign a time if you don't do the check-in. We always get the earliest PAT when we check-in, but they've never verified when we arrived at the port. We sailed with family last June that had a later PAT than when we arrived, and they were allowed in with no questions asked.

Fantasy Western 6/23/2012 | Magic Eastern 1/2/2010 | Wonder 4-night 12/30/2007 | Wonder 3-night 7/6/2006
Big Red Boat 4-night 6/28/1993 - Honeymoon
LVaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
sbridgeman
Earning My Ears

personally i'd do the online check-in to speed up the check-in process and then show up a little before noon.

for our cruise they started calling groups at noon and by 12:03, they were up to group 3.
RCL Empress Of The Seas - November 1999
NCL Norwegian Majesty - November 1998

sbridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICX2 View Post
We booked a cruise with only 14 days til the sail date. We are not using the online check in. What do we do about arriving at the Port if we don't have a PAT? We plan on getting there about 9:30-10am, departing from Miami. Will they let us in when we arrive since we have no PAT? Hoping for a low boarding number.
Why are you not using the online check in to get a PAT? Bypassing the system that is in place isn't going to get you a low boarding number. You won't even be allowed to park at the terminal at 9:30/10. If the early PATs are already assigned, those boarding numbers will not be available for anyone who doesn't have one assigned to them already -- which is determined the PAT you select online. The earliest number will be for the first PAT range that is available -- so as already said, you will be waiting around a while in the terminal while watching others who did complete the process online arrive after you did and board the ship.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
carpenta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVaughn View Post
I'm sure glad they were checking every thong. What about the people that weren't wearing thongs?

I'm not even going to question THAT!!!!
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: