Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
All Things Simba
Can't stop taking photographs!

On Board Booking question

Hi everyone,

If I booked a reservation for me and my husband for one room on an upcoming cruise while on board, can I use that reservation to book two rooms later through my travel agent?

I would put me in one room and my husband in the other room so that another couple could join us. We'd put the appropriate couples in their own rooms prior to boarding of course.

Has anyone ever done this?
8/99-CSR, 1/02-CBR, 2/04-POP, 8/05-DCL Panama Canal Cruise!, 12/07-AKL & POLY for Christmas, 1/09-POFQ & DCL Eastern w/St. Croix!, 10/09 POFQ WDW for Halloween & DCL Halloween Cruise, 4/13-POP Girls trip to WDW for the Epcot F&G Festival!, 10/13-WDW for Halloween and DCL Eastern for niece's wedding on Castaway Cay! 2/14-1st trip to Disneyland!, 1/15-2nd trip to Disneyland.

All Things Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

At little confused as to your question...do you want to add another room to the current reservation, or do an onboard booking for a future cruise?

If you want to add another room to the current reservation, no need to swap people around as the 2nd stateroom will be at current rates when reserved.

If you want to do an onboard booking for a future cruise...you can book up to 2 staterooms for the same date to have the OBB benefits. You can name a TA for an OBB, make sure you have the TA's name and contact info.

As a note, DCL doesn't really care where you sleep but the primary name on the reservation cannot be changed without it being a cancellation. So just re-arrange sleeping once onboard. One member from each stateroom can go request an additional key card for the appropriate spouse.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
All Things Simba

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
At little confused as to your question...do you want to add another room to the current reservation, or do an onboard booking for a future cruise?
I would like to add another room to the current on board one-room reservation. Would that room receive the OBB discount and reduced deposit as well?
8/99-CSR, 1/02-CBR, 2/04-POP, 8/05-DCL Panama Canal Cruise!, 12/07-AKL & POLY for Christmas, 1/09-POFQ & DCL Eastern w/St. Croix!, 10/09 POFQ WDW for Halloween & DCL Halloween Cruise, 4/13-POP Girls trip to WDW for the Epcot F&G Festival!, 10/13-WDW for Halloween and DCL Eastern for niece's wedding on Castaway Cay! 2/14-1st trip to Disneyland!, 1/15-2nd trip to Disneyland.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Things Simba View Post
I would like to add another room to the current on board one-room reservation. Would that room receive the OBB discount and reduced deposit as well?
No. Once you are off the ship you cannot get OBB benefits on a reservation. The benefits would remain for the stateroom you have booked, but the additional stateroom would not have the discount or OBC. The 2nd room would be a new reservation even if linked to your current reservation made onboard.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
All Things Simba

My TA had this to say about adding another cabin:

You can only book cabins for yourself unless you want to put you and your friend in one cabin and the husbands in another.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

We did something similar to this recently. We booked two rooms onboard with one person in each room, me in one room, wife in the other. The deposit was slightly higher for each room since the fare included a single supplement but we knew we would be changing it all around and adding people to the rooms so that was ok.

Later when we got home, we confirmed that DW's parents wanted to go, so we added my FIL to my room and my MIL to my wife's room. The fares maintained the 10% off, and the rooms maintained the OBC. The deposit ended up being 10% of the total cost for two adults in each room. Then when we got onboard the ship, guest services did a family swap and put me and my wife together, and her parents together. There was a bit of confusion on the OBC part put they got it sorted out so that each room still got the appropriate credit.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

You can only book cabins for yourself unless you want to put you and your friend in one cabin and the husbands in another.
When you are actually onboard doing the OBB, you can reserve 2 staterooms in this manner. Once you leave the ship, I do not believe you can add another stateroom to a current reservation and still receive the OBB benefits even if you move the passengers around. If your TA is saying she/he can do that, then go for it and let us know if it works.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
west&east
DIS Veteran

So you can add people to the cabin later and still get the discount for them? It would help to only pay a deposit for one or two adults and then add the kids later. Is there some reason to pay a deposit for more than one adult?

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
We did something similar to this recently. We booked two rooms onboard with one person in each room, me in one room, wife in the other. The deposit was slightly higher for each room since the fare included a single supplement but we knew we would be changing it all around and adding people to the rooms so that was ok.

Later when we got home, we confirmed that DW's parents wanted to go, so we added my FIL to my room and my MIL to my wife's room. The fares maintained the 10% off, and the rooms maintained the OBC. The deposit ended up being 10% of the total cost for two adults in each room. Then when we got onboard the ship, guest services did a family swap and put me and my wife together, and her parents together. There was a bit of confusion on the OBC part put they got it sorted out so that each room still got the appropriate credit.
This is exactly what we did back in January on the Dream for a 2014 spring break cruise. When I called DCL once home to add folks to our original two-stateroom reservation, the DCL CM told us precisely the same informationo about "reorganizing" the people in the two staterooms once onboard as you described happening.

Good to know there is some consistency there!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:

This is not true. When you book the two staterooms for the OBB offer no one who is on the current cruise actually has to be in either of the rooms. The OBB agent really doesn't care who is in the rooms, you are simply limited to two rooms per address of those on the current cruise.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: