Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Should WLV be booked at the 7 month mark?

Hello All!

I would LOVE to come to the world for Thanksgiving 2013 and am in the works if seeing if its possible. I have a family member who owns DVC.

Just wondering for people that stay at WL...

Is WLV a hard DVC to book? IF I want to stay there for just say Thanksgiving should I go by the 7th month mark.

Thanks DISers!

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

You likely have little chance getting into VWL at seven months out. Thanksgiving week is extremely popular with all DVC resorts and between that, the Christmas decorations being up at WL and how small of a resort VWL is, you really need to book during the home resort window to get in that resort at that time of year.

Your best shot is to have them book their home resort now and call at 7 a.m. on the dot to try to change your reservation to VWL (though you're still behind the people who can book online at 6 a.m.). Good luck!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaMagic View Post
Hello All!

I would LOVE to come to the world for Thanksgiving 2013 and am in the works if seeing if its possible. I have a family member who owns DVC.

Just wondering for people that stay at WL...

Is WLV a hard DVC to book? IF I want to stay there for just say Thanksgiving should I go by the 7th month mark.

Thanks DISers!

-FantasiaMagic
There is always the possibility that the 7-month point will work, but as the pp suggests, your odds aren't too good. I'm mostly chiming in to reiterate what Missyrose mentioned: have your family member reserve their home resort at the 11-month point. At the 7-month timeframe, they should call to see if they can get VWL, and if not, they can go on a waitlist. Once, before I owned there, I snagged VWL for a few days just after Thanksgiving within four months of the date, so pixie dust can happen. Still, I'd definitely have the backup plan of the owner's home resort reserved to avoid being without a room at all. Good luck!

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
nickcapp
Mouseketeer

I know its not the same dates, but I was able to snag a two-bedroom at WLV last week for Oct 27th-Nov 9th.

This is over halloween and into "NJ Week".

That being said, I logged in at 8:00 AM EST to get it and it has not been available since (2 bedroom anyway.)

So pixie dust can happen, but have a backup plan!
nickcapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: