Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #61
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

nm, not worth it.

Last edited by Kennywife; 02-16-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennywife

I wish I had the kind of life where all I had to worry about was somebody does with theirs.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #63
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennywife View Post
nm, not worth it.

Good luck.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #64
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
Well I spent Valentines morning in our first family grief counseling session. DH was just given a pretty gloomy prognosis and we are starting to see a counselor as a famipy to help us all deal with it.
We did all go to lunch after and I came home to a cute froggy mylar balloon, a card and a vase with buterfingers in it instead of flowers. The man knows me so well.
I bought DH a card, devilish monky stuffed animal, a chocolate rose and a digital character pack for a game coming out in April. I liked the idea of giving him something to look forward to besides medical treatments.
For my kids I put together baggys with an owl sucker, a lip sucker, a pack of gum, play dough in thier favorite colors and a travel monkeys in a barrel game.
So sorry to hear about your DH. I am sending good thoughts your way
Old 02-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #65
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Um...ok. So he can't even bother to sign a card to his wife on Valentine's Day. Did he at least write your name on the envelope?
Um...ok. Who cares?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #66
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post

Sorry for the flack you're getting, OP, from some of the posters about your DH not signing your card. Good grief. He took the time to buy flowers, chocolates and a card, and even chocolates for your Mom. I give a big for his efforts!!
Totally agree!!! I think some posters are having a slowwwwww day and need to find fault with something.

We sign all cards, but it would hardly be worth my time to point out to some stranger on a message board that I found it odd that their card wasnt signed....it wouldnt even be a blip on my radar screen, much less taking the time to post about the non signed card.

OP, you received some nice gifts, glad you had a happy day!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #67
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad

Really, who gives a card without signing it? Come on.
Get over it. It's not like the OP's DH gave you the unsigned card. It's really none of your business. Cripes.

OP, your DH is sweet. I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's Day!

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #68
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveDisney View Post
Get over it. It's not like the OP's DH gave you the unsigned card. It's really none of your business. Cripes.

OP, your DH is sweet. I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's Day!

Why does it bother you so much?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #69
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

Quote:
Fine, you're not used to it. No problem.

But. The OP comes on here to share the great things her DH got her for Valentine's Day, and people are being snarky (and a couple were rude IMO) about him not signing the card. Good grief.
I do think its kind of odd to come here with pics and prtty much brag on what you got for V day. I'm sure there are plenty that got nothing. My DH treated me nicely with gifts and a surprise trip but I wouldn't come here starting a thread complete with pics. And yes, weird the card wasn't signed.
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #70
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad

Why does it bother you so much?
Why does it bother YOU so much? You have added nothing nice to this thread. The OP did not come here to have people hound her and her husband for having an unsigned card. Maybe, just maybe, that's their thing. Who are you to make them feel bad for doing something that doesn't set right with you? I'm sorry I'm being a tad harsh, but I think the OP has had enough, and that goes for everyone else who was being critical.

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #71
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
Well I spent Valentines morning in our first family grief counseling session. DH was just given a pretty gloomy prognosis and we are starting to see a counselor as a famipy to help us all deal with it.
We did all go to lunch after and I came home to a cute froggy mylar balloon, a card and a vase with buterfingers in it instead of flowers. The man knows me so well.
I bought DH a card, devilish monky stuffed animal, a chocolate rose and a digital character pack for a game coming out in April. I liked the idea of giving him something to look forward to besides medical treatments.
For my kids I put together baggys with an owl sucker, a lip sucker, a pack of gum, play dough in thier favorite colors and a travel monkeys in a barrel game.
I'm so sorry..Thinking of you and your family.

cheekypoppins.. Awesome cake. Wish I had a piece right about now.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #72
SDFgirl
Weekend spelunker
Cutting up foods makes me happy
Shared a flight with Carol Brady
Warning! If I don't know you I might bum a ride to get a haircut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
I do think its kind of odd to come here with pics and prtty much brag on what you got for V day. I'm sure there are plenty that got nothing. My DH treated me nicely with gifts and a surprise trip but I wouldn't come here starting a thread complete with pics. And yes, weird the card wasn't signed.
I agree. The unsigned card? Eh, I've seen stranger things. But I think the fact that the card was photographed and posted on a public forum was...well...odd.

IMO a card between husband and wife (or any two people, for that matter) is a personal expression of feelings. Not fodder for a message board.

May 2005 POR - First trip as a couple
September 2008 POR - Found out we were expecting our middle DD on the last day
September 2009 BCV - Grand Gathering!
April 2010 FW - Tent Camping!
Next trip, February 2013 - Surprise for our 3 kids!
SDFgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #73
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
I think most people start an occasional thread that someone else might think it odd. Just skip it. Why be snarky/rude to the OP about it. Just skip the thread and move on.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #74
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveDisney View Post
Why does it bother YOU so much? You have added nothing nice to this thread. The OP did not come here to have people hound her and her husband for having an unsigned card. Maybe, just maybe, that's their thing. Who are you to make them feel bad for doing something that doesn't set right with you? I'm sorry I'm being a tad harsh, but I think the OP has had enough, and that goes for everyone else who was being critical.
Quote:
I think most people start an occasional thread that someone else might think it odd. Just skip it. Why be snarky/rude to the OP about it. Just skip the thread and move on.

The OP has posted stuff that was unbelievable in the past. This fits the same pattern.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 02-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #75
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
The OP has posted stuff that was unbelievable in the past. This fits the same pattern.
Not trying to be rude, nor do I know the history here ....but if you and others are followers of OP's threads, know the pattern, why waste time and energy reading or replying 11 times . Honestly, imo, life is too short to keep track of strangers on any internet board.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: