Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #46
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma

Well, goody for you.

I sign cards that I give to DH, and he signs them when he gives them to me as well.

But. Why the snarkiness and rudeness to the OP over it?
We are hardly being rude, at least I don't think I am. It's just something we're not used to.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #47
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
We are hardly being rude, at least I don't think I am. It's just something we're not used to.
Fine, you're not used to it. No problem.

But. The OP comes on here to share the great things her DH got her for Valentine's Day, and people are being snarky (and a couple were rude IMO) about him not signing the card. Good grief.
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #48
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Well I spent Valentines morning in our first family grief counseling session. DH was just given a pretty gloomy prognosis and we are starting to see a counselor as a famipy to help us all deal with it.
We did all go to lunch after and I came home to a cute froggy mylar balloon, a card and a vase with buterfingers in it instead of flowers. The man knows me so well.
I bought DH a card, devilish monky stuffed animal, a chocolate rose and a digital character pack for a game coming out in April. I liked the idea of giving him something to look forward to besides medical treatments.
For my kids I put together baggys with an owl sucker, a lip sucker, a pack of gum, play dough in thier favorite colors and a travel monkeys in a barrel game.

kayrosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #49
tink20
DIS Veteran

I gave DH some candy and a card, and cooked his favorite meal with dessert. He gave me a heart shaped box of candy, a card and a back rub

We gave the kids, their favorite candy (they are too old for stuffed animals and balloons )
Old 02-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #50
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
Well, goody for you.

I sign cards that I give to DH, and he signs them when he gives them to me as well.

But. Why the snarkiness and rudeness to the OP over it?

Just looking at strange things that have been written in the past.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #51
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
Fine, you're not used to it. No problem.

But. The OP comes on here to share the great things her DH got her for Valentine's Day, and people are being snarky (and a couple were rude IMO) about him not signing the card. Good grief.

Really, who gives a card without signing it? Come on.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 02-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #52
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
Well I spent Valentines morning in our first family grief counseling session. DH was just given a pretty gloomy prognosis and we are starting to see a counselor as a famipy to help us all deal with it.
We did all go to lunch after and I came home to a cute froggy mylar balloon, a card and a vase with buterfingers in it instead of flowers. The man knows me so well.
I bought DH a card, devilish monky stuffed animal, a chocolate rose and a digital character pack for a game coming out in April. I liked the idea of giving him something to look forward to besides medical treatments.
For my kids I put together baggys with an owl sucker, a lip sucker, a pack of gum, play dough in thier favorite colors and a travel monkeys in a barrel game.
My heart goes out to you and your family. It sounds like you married a prince! What a loving family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Really, who gives a card without signing it? Come on.
"Come on" is right. I bet kayrosek could give you a lesson in what is important in life and what isn't.

I agree with MIGrandma. For goodness sake, maybe it's unusual for a person to not sign a card. That was established on Page 1. Why the need for some to continue with the remarks?
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #53
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post

"Come on" is right. I bet kayrosek could give you a lesson in what is important in life and what isn't.

I agree with MIGrandma. For goodness sake, maybe it's unusual for a person to not sign a card. That was established on Page 1. Why the need for some to continue with the remarks?

Because of past things I have read, I have a hard time believing it.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 02-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #54
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

Quote:
My heart goes out to you and your family. It sounds like you married a prince! What a loving family!

Thank you for the kind words. I just thought it was lovely and wanted to share. I never realized what a big deal it is to do so.

And Declan, you come on. So Kenny didn't sign it. I don't care. As long as he remembered me, that's all that matters.
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #55
Kennywife

Quote:

Hugs to you kayrosek.

Last edited by Kennywife; 02-16-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #56
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Kennywife, thank you for sharing your Valentine photos. Sounds like you have a very thoughtful hubbie and had a lovey day...
your Mom too.

Dis friends, please, I can't believe some of your comments . Who are we to judge, we all have different strokes . Geez, if we can't say something good, why say anything at all ~ specially on a Disney board.

At any rate, for whoever cares ~ I had a wonderful Valentine's Day . I was spoiled by my DH, kids & grands, with flowers, candy, luncheon outing, and for our 49th V.day together, we chose take out Italian, so we could have romatic dinner at home . I gave DH an Air Force cap, his fave candy and nuts.

Lordie, I'm not about to post photos of our gifts , not sure my skin is thick enough for this play ground . Just my 2cents, kinda sad some have nothing better to do than to question/criticize people's good intentions.

*kayrosek, Hugs and prayers to you and yours . *cheekypoppins, love your creative cake!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #57
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Because of past things I have read, I have a hard time believing it.
I have no idea what you mean by that. Not that it matters.

Geez, if I'd known I was going back in time to high school, I would have dressed in 70's attire!

Last edited by T*Bird; 02-16-2013 at 09:12 PM.
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #58
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennywife View Post
Thank you for the kind words. I just thought it was lovely and wanted to share. I never realized what a big deal it is to do so.

And Declan, you come on. So Kenny didn't sign it. I don't care. As long as he remembered me, that's all that matters.

I hope he did.

How's the writing game? Still getting paid for all your travel experiences?

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 02-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #59
Kennywife

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nana View Post
Kennywife, thank you for sharing your Valentine photos. Sounds like you have a very thoughtful hubbie and had a lovey day...
your Mom too.

Dis friends, please, I can't believe some of your comments . Who are we to judge, we all have different strokes . Geez, if we can't say something good, why say anything at all ~ specially on a Disney board.

At any rate, for whoever cares ~ I had a wonderful Valentine's Day . I was spoiled by my DH, kids & grands, with flowers, candy, luncheon outing, and for our 49th V.day together, we chose take out Italian, so we could have romatic dinner at home . I gave DH an Air Force cap, his fave candy and nuts.

Lordie, I'm not about to post photos of our gifts , not sure my skin is thick enough for this play ground . Just my 2cents, kinda sad some have nothing better to do than to question/criticize people's good intentions.

*kayrosek, Hugs and prayers to you and yours . *cheekypoppins, love your creative cake!
What an awesome day you had!!!!! :group hug: Sounds just lovely.

Love the cake cheekypoppins! Hugs to you kayrosek and also MIGrandma!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #60
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad

I hope he did.

How's the writing game? Still getting paid for all your travel experiences?
*snort
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro, #20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: