Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #46
rantnnravin
Whaddya mean there's no room in the suitcase? YOU CAN LAND A PLANE IN THERE!!
 
rantnnravin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Posts: 1,536

where are YOU looking???
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...t-midwest-west
hopefully this won't effect the 8th grade trip to D.C. - i'm looking forward to three days with 1/2 of them gone
__________________
lisa on LI


rantnnravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #47
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantnnravin View Post
where are YOU looking???
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...t-midwest-west
hopefully this won't effect the 8th grade trip to D.C. - i'm looking forward to three days with 1/2 of them gone
Lisa - here's my local forecast off NOAA...it says winter storm north central us...nothing about my area...only 40% chance of rain on Wed.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...77&lon=-74.627
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #48
rantnnravin
Whaddya mean there's no room in the suitcase? YOU CAN LAND A PLANE IN THERE!!
 
rantnnravin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Posts: 1,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
Lisa - here's my local forecast off NOAA...it says winter storm north central us...nothing about my area...only 40% chance of rain on Wed.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...77&lon=-74.627
interesting - i've never used the NOAA site for local weather
weather underground is also showing this:
http://www.wunderground.com/winter-s...turn-2013#maps

Many of my friends are in the fishing business - they tend to follow the European models for predictions (their lives and livelihoods depend on it) - that's why i heard about it last week
__________________
lisa on LI


rantnnravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #49
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantnnravin View Post
interesting - i've never used the NOAA site for local weather
weather underground is also showing this:
http://www.wunderground.com/winter-s...turn-2013#maps

Many of my friends are in the fishing business - they tend to follow the European models for predictions (their lives and livelihoods depend on it) - that's why i heard about it last week
I usually use NOAA...they've been more right lately than weather.com...the last storm, where NE got socked and we got almost nothing (ie less than 5 inches)...weather.com predicted my area to have 8-12 inches of snow, NOAA told me 5 or less...
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #50
GrumpyBelle
DIS Veteran
 
GrumpyBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 1,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
hey there - didn't we do Alaska together in 2011?
We did. Was an awesome trip!
__________________
DH ME DS19 DD13 :artist


8/2006 ASMu/3 night DCL, 8/2007 CBR/4 night DCL, 8/2008 WL, 8/2009 SSR, 3/2010 AKV-Kidani, 8/2010 BWV/5 night DCL, 4/2011 AKV-Jambo/Kidani, 8/2011 DCL Alaskan, 8/2012 AKV-Kidani, 2/2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean/Puerto Rico, 8/2013 CSR, 11/2013 Celtic Thunder Cruise--Western Caribbean--Carnival Victory, 2/2014 AKV-Kidani
GrumpyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #51
trburks
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 12

We Are Booked!

Just booked this one today. Myself and two kids (they will be 13 and 16). We were originally looking at a late June 2014 cruise, but decided to go on 8/23/14 due to the identical room being $2100 less. Our school district does not start until the day after Labor Day, so the timing is great. This will be our 7th Disney cruise (not counting the Big Red boats - for those of you who have been around awhile).

We currently have a winter storm watch/warning for Norther Virginia. The DC area could get up to seven inches of snow tomorrow. Makes the caribbean sound real good about now.

Tom
trburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #52
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbelltwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Neverland!
Posts: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by trburks View Post
Just booked this one today. Myself and two kids (they will be 13 and 16). We were originally looking at a late June 2014 cruise, but decided to go on 8/23/14 due to the identical room being $2100 less. Our school district does not start until the day after Labor Day, so the timing is great. This will be our 7th Disney cruise (not counting the Big Red boats - for those of you who have been around awhile).

We currently have a winter storm watch/warning for Norther Virginia. The DC area could get up to seven inches of snow tomorrow. Makes the caribbean sound real good about now.

Tom
Welcome Tom and family! My family also lives in Northern Virginia and my kids are wild with glee that maybe they will get to finally pull the sleds out of the basement!
__________________

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #53
trburks
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Welcome Tom and family! My family also lives in Northern Virginia and my kids are wild with glee that maybe they will get to finally pull the sleds out of the basement!
I knew your name sounded familiar. We also had to cancel out of the 7/12/2013 Mediterranean cruise. It was hard to give that up, but my wife had "work" conflicts for that time period. Instead, we are touring Europe this August.

Ya'll anywhere close to the Haymarket area?
trburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #54
rantnnravin
Whaddya mean there's no room in the suitcase? YOU CAN LAND A PLANE IN THERE!!
 
rantnnravin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Posts: 1,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by trburks
Just booked this one today. Myself and two kids (they will be 13 and 16). We were originally looking at a late June 2014 cruise, but decided to go on 8/23/14 due to the identical room being $2100 less. Our school district does not start until the day after Labor Day, so the timing is great. This will be our 7th Disney cruise (not counting the Big Red boats - for those of you who have been around awhile).

We currently have a winter storm watch/warning for Norther Virginia. The DC area could get up to seven inches of snow tomorrow. Makes the caribbean sound real good about now.

Tom
Welcome Tom!

We have a group of 8th graders who are *supposed* to be leaving for D.C. Tomorrow morning! YIKES!!! The way it looks now, they would be heading straight Into it - I have a feeling these poor kids aren't going (what am I saying? This poor teacher is gonna be stuck with 100 miserable kids for the next three days. DOUBLE Yikes!!)
__________________
lisa on LI


rantnnravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #55
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbelltwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Neverland!
Posts: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by trburks View Post
I knew your name sounded familiar. We also had to cancel out of the 7/12/2013 Mediterranean cruise. It was hard to give that up, but my wife had "work" conflicts for that time period. Instead, we are touring Europe this August.

Ya'll anywhere close to the Haymarket area?
Fairfax!
__________________

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #56
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbelltwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Neverland!
Posts: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantnnravin View Post
Welcome Tom!

We have a group of 8th graders who are *supposed* to be leaving for D.C. Tomorrow morning! YIKES!!! The way it looks now, they would be heading straight Into it - I have a feeling these poor kids aren't going (what am I saying? This poor teacher is gonna be stuck with 100 miserable kids for the next three days. DOUBLE Yikes!!)
It is wet and slushy here so have them bring some extra socks, a hat and gloves. It is chilly and wet!!! But beautiful with the white snow....
__________________

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #57
trburks
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantnnravin View Post
Welcome Tom!

We have a group of 8th graders who are *supposed* to be leaving for D.C. Tomorrow morning! YIKES!!! The way it looks now, they would be heading straight Into it - I have a feeling these poor kids aren't going (what am I saying? This poor teacher is gonna be stuck with 100 miserable kids for the next three days. DOUBLE Yikes!!)
They should be OK. We are 35 miles west of DC (where the weather was more severe). The main streets are basically clear; just wet and a little slushy. Tomorrow should be even better.
trburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #58
rantnnravin
Whaddya mean there's no room in the suitcase? YOU CAN LAND A PLANE IN THERE!!
 
rantnnravin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Posts: 1,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
It is wet and slushy here so have them bring some extra socks, a hat and gloves. It is chilly and wet!!! But beautiful with the white snow....
Quote:
Originally Posted by trburks View Post
They should be OK. We are 35 miles west of DC (where the weather was more severe). The main streets are basically clear; just wet and a little slushy. Tomorrow should be even better.
They kept them home
Word came down today that they were able to reschedule for the week after next
so i'm stuck w/'em for the next 8 school days - maybe i'll luck out and we'll get walloped tonight and have a snow day tomorrow
__________________
lisa on LI


rantnnravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #59
FJS961
DIS Veteran
 
FJS961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,810

Just put another deposit

I guess I can't wait until August 2014 to sail DCL again.

Being the good customer that I am, I had to book another one.


I have a week off in early September after the kids are back in school, want a getaway for just my wife and I.

I was considering trying Royal Caribbean for us as a couple but the thought of enjoying DCL without the kids is TOO tempting ... Palo brunch and dinner, Remy dinner, hanging in adult areas, going to late shows not worrying about the kids ... priceless!!
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #60
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS961 View Post
I guess I can't wait until August 2014 to sail DCL again.

Being the good customer that I am, I had to book another one.


I have a week off in early September after the kids are back in school, want a getaway for just my wife and I.

I was considering trying Royal Caribbean for us as a couple but the thought of enjoying DCL without the kids is TOO tempting ... Palo brunch and dinner, Remy dinner, hanging in adult areas, going to late shows not worrying about the kids ... priceless!!
Frank, I agree - an adult only cruise is phenomenal. We did it for the first time in October. Unfortunately for me, my son was so mad at us that he gave my mother, who had flown up from FL to watch the kids, the hardest time and was very belligerent and she will not watch them again. So I enjoyed my one adult cruise until they leave for college...
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: