Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #91
pcannizzaro76
Earning My Ears

Hey guys. We booked this cruise a while back. We are excited to go back to the Med. we went two summers ago and it was by far the best vacation we have ever been on. The great part about this cruise is that it goes to all new ports compared to our other Disney Cruise on the Med.
pcannizzaro76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #92
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksteve View Post
I created a facebook group:

under this adress can you find the group for our cruise:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Magic.Med.2014/

mail adress for the group:
Magic.Med.2014@groups.facebook.com

If you want to join - please feel free to contact me:
stefan.rausch.902@facebook.com
We've just come back from 12 night Magic in the Med cruise and booked this one while onboard.
I've just also send you a request to join the Facebook group too please.
Thanks, F
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #93
rav4lcrv
Mouseketeer

Adventures by Disney

Booked yesterday for our 6th cruise with Disney. Wondering if anyone is booked with the Adventures by Disney add on. We did the Med. in 2010 & Alaska in 2011 with Adventures by Disney and loved it
Old 08-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #94
2PrincesseInTow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav4lcrv View Post
Booked yesterday for our 6th cruise with Disney. Wondering if anyone is booked with the Adventures by Disney add on. We did the Med. in 2010 & Alaska in 2011 with Adventures by Disney and loved it
Welcome!

We are booked on the ABD add on. My DD's will be 8 & 12. I'm spending so much time planning our pre-cruise trip that I will be happy to have someone else do the work. We've never done ABD but they sound fabulous!

We're on a similar cruise schedule. We did the 11 night med in 2011 and Alaska in 2012.

Sara
2PrincesseInTow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #95
Mineu
DIS Veteran

Just booked flights today with Turkish Air-really good rates and they will provide a free hotel if your layover is longer than 10 hrs.
Mineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #96
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

We just booked our air as well today. Delta at JFK nonstop to venice & back. Can't say we got a great fare but it was comparable to those with one or more stops. Plus, after being bumped and spending a night in Amsterdam on our last cruise, we wanted direct.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #97
MrsG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PrincesseInTow View Post
Welcome!

We are booked on the ABD add on. My DD's will be 8 & 12. I'm spending so much time planning our pre-cruise trip that I will be happy to have someone else do the work. We've never done ABD but they sound fabulous!

We're on a similar cruise schedule. We did the 11 night med in 2011 and Alaska in 2012.

Sara
Question about the ABD add on. How can I find how to do that? We noticed a few ABD excursions we might be interested in from this year. I didn't see that they were posted for next year. We are interested in the night-time gondola ride, but not sure how to go about booking it.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #98
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG View Post

Question about the ABD add on. How can I find how to do that? We noticed a few ABD excursions we might be interested in from this year. I didn't see that they were posted for next year. We are interested in the night-time gondola ride, but not sure how to go about booking it.

Thanks
I'm not sure how to book ABD tours. Do you really want to go on a gondola? Not sure if you heard about this on Monday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...to-Bridge.html

When we were in Venice a couple of weeks ago on the Disney Magic, we travelled on the vaporetto water buses which were packed out. While we all have rules of the road to adhere to when driving, there doesn't appear to be any rules of the canals for any traffic on them. There were gondolas crossing in front of police boats and vaporetto crossing the canals from stop to stop. Definitely pretty hairy trips!!
I know this year it took a while for the shore excursions to appear on the booking website. Might be worth waiting to see what they offer.

F
Old 08-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #99
2PrincesseInTow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG View Post

Thanks
You can go to the Adventures by Disney website (adventuresbydisney.com) and see all of the excursions. The ABD is an all or nothing thing; you take the entire itinerary of excursions for the cruise. You then call DCL to book it (or your travel agent).

Last edited by 2PrincesseInTow; 08-21-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #100
2PrincesseInTow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewarts View Post
I'm not sure how to book ABD tours. Do you really want to go on a gondola? Not sure if you heard about this on Monday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...to-Bridge.html

When we were in Venice a couple of weeks ago on the Disney Magic, we travelled on the vaporetto water buses which were packed out. While we all have rules of the road to adhere to when driving, there doesn't appear to be any rules of the canals for any traffic on them. There were gondolas crossing in front of police boats and vaporetto crossing the canals from stop to stop. Definitely pretty hairy trips!!
I know this year it took a while for the shore excursions to appear on the booking website. Might be worth waiting to see what they offer.

F
That incident in Venice is so very sad.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #101
MrsG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PrincesseInTow View Post
You can go to the Adventures by Disney website (adventuresbydisney.com) and see all of the excursions. The ABD is an all of nothing thing; you take the entire itinerary of excursions for the cruise. You then call DCL to book it (or your travel agent).
Thanks!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #102
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

300 days to go folks!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #103
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Venice bans cruise lines

What's everyone's thought on this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tion-zone.html

Although the title suggests banning from canals it's you read it the proposal is to ban from the Lagoon.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #104
SillyInventor
Mouseketeer

My thoughts on this:
First: the Daily Mail is not the most accurate newspaper around
Keep that in mind when reading this article.
The Grand Canal is by far not Grand enough to accommodate any large cruise-ship. Therefor they are not allowed there anyway.

Second: I don't understand what a (very tragic!) accident between a vaparetto and a gondola has to do with passing cruise ships.

Third: I really hope this won't be a problem for the cruise we are so eagerly looking forward to
It will be our first ever cruise
Old 09-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #105
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyInventor View Post
My thoughts on this:
First: the Daily Mail is not the most accurate newspaper around
Keep that in mind when reading this article.
The Grand Canal is by far not Grand enough to accommodate any large cruise-ship. Therefor they are not allowed there anyway.

Second: I don't understand what a (very tragic!) accident between a vaparetto and a gondola has to do with passing cruise ships.

Third: I really hope this won't be a problem for the cruise we are so eagerly looking forward to
It will be our first ever cruise
this wasn't only quoted in the Daily Mail but widely reported in the Italian press also. Here's a link to cruise critics report http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=5507

I think the link with the gondola is a spurious one. We cruised on the Magic out of Barcelona to Venice this year. It was Magical to sail down to the Port, it will be a real shame if they move the cruise port.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: