Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

I'm sure there's an existing thread but this app is being rather unhelpful when I search. So-

Has anyone got some fun things to say to the characters to prompt some fun interactions?

Things like sneaking up and saying tick tock to Hook, hugging and kissing your new Mickey plush in front of Donald for some funny photo opportunities, asking Mary Poppins to say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards and asking her exactly what it means, talking to the Princesses about their Prince etc.

What are your favourite conversation starters for shy children (and adults!)?

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Pier60
Mouseketeer

Is Mary Poppins able to say Supercali............ backwards?
Pier60 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
jessadavis
Earning My Ears

Check out Kenny the Pirate's website - it's awesome!! There is a page that gives ideas on character interactions

Here is the link to the page:
http://kennythepirate.com/disney-wor...raction-ideas/

jessadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
bearloch
DIS Veteran

I always side with the villians like complain to hook what a brat peter pan is etc they usually laugh and go along with it with prince john and robin hood I told PJ to stop acting like a spoiled brat and he had the sherriff arrest me! it was a Hoot!! we did the Im watching you with hands the entire time I was in lline!

WDW1986
Disneyland 1998
Disneyland 1999
WDW 2003
BAck First time @ Fort 12 /2007

Moved closer to Mickey June 2011:dance
CSR June 2012
bearloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Hootch
DIS Veteran

Here is

another source.

Now that Gaston is making frequent appearances, I want to ask if he is especially good at anything.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
frome
Earning My Ears

Tell Chip and Dale which one is your favorite
frome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

For the princesses, tell them they look beautiful
For the villians, tell them they are looking especially friendly today
Funny story about what NOT to do....years ago when there was a huge character breakfast in the then MGM park in the huge location across from Journey of the Little Mermaid, DH, who considered himself a veteran of photo opps, put his arm around Esmerelda (remember the Hunchback?) WELL, he got the full force of this very strong character who not so politely told him to take his arm away and SHE would take care of where to put what!It was a hysterical interplay...one of those stories not so funny at the time, but due to become legendLesson learned
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

You can always ask Donald how his anger management classes are doing.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

Our first trip, when our oldest DS was 7, Pluto snuck up behind him and chomped him on the head (excellent photo!). He still talks about it to this day. We ate at 'Ohana on our 2012 trip, and he reminded Pluto that he was the one who got chomped on the head. Pluto did a little tiptoe up to him (making us think it was going to happen again), but he spun, knocked the baseball cap off my youngest DS's head and chomped him instead! Pluto has turned into their favorite character as a result .

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #10
Sora321
Earning My Ears

I love funny character interactions.

When I was in Disney World a few years ago, I was sitting down on a bench next to Pirates of the Caribbean with my mom, waiting for my dad to come back with fast passes.

There was a Captain Hook meet up a few feet away, and Captain Hook and Smee were about to go on a break. The Captain starts to leave, and immediately trips over a stroller parked next to the ride. Of course, I find this to be hysterically funny, and I start to laugh, probably a little too loudly.

Hook comes marching up to me and shoves his hook in my face. My mom leans over and says "I think he wants you to kiss it." I do so, and he waves his arms around like he wants to lecture me, then stomps off. We laughed about for the rest of the day!

As for a conversation starter, called Hook a codfish is a good one.

Disney Mom:

Disney Dad:

Sora321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
Readerbug
Using My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora321 View Post
I love funny character interactions....
As for a conversation starter, called Hook a codfish is a good one.
Me too!

I was just realizing that having a ready at hand prompt for my shy child would be worth compiling and shrinking a whole list of possibles on half a 3x5 to take, would bring both of us repeated ease, simplicity and peace of mind.

But also, the simple lines that aren't meant to get a big reaction.. Like the "I think you're pretty" to a princess, are the right lines for some kids. I have one child that would just die if a character took the funny-bait that he unsuspectingly repeated ....and it resulted in a big to do.

So bring on some more...some clever ones, and some easy's for the self-concious! All good.

Me, DH edu IT man, 19, 17, 15, 13, 10, 7.
Readerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
dopeynme
Mouseketeer

Tell Cinderella that you like her castle; call Dale Chip and Chip Dale; ask Chip and Dale if they are squirrels; tell Donald how nice he is and ask why he has such a bad reputation; ask Phineas and Ferb Where's Perry?; show any character if you are wearing something with their picture; ask Minnie if she is engaged to Mickey yet; at MVMCP, tell Grumpy that Dopey is your favorite;

You get the idea........I am always impressed with how expressive the non-face characters are without saying a word!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #13
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

I wanted to share with you all my character experiences from today at Epcot. It was truly wonderful!

First- Dasiy Duck. I asked if her and Donald were dating. She giggled, drew little hearts around his signature and shrugged as if to say 'you decide'.

Minnie and Mickey- Both pointed at my mickey pants, Minnie was blowing kisses at one of my pins (Minnie & mickey kissing) and laughing under her hands. Mickey spent some amazing time with my niece, and she told him about how she came straight from Hollywood Studios to Epcot and she said she was amazed he got there so fast. He giggled, and mimed flying and pointed at Tink on my shirt. She loved it.

Chip and Dale- Chip gave me a huge hug and kept kissing me, Dale was a true gentlemen- bowing, kissing my hand etc. I happened to receive a FaceTime call in the middle of my meet and greet- dale answered it and started waving at my brother back home in England! It was great. He then pointed at the apple on my iPad and mimed he was hungry. Chip giggled and pointed at my ziplock bag of pretzels. I gave them both one and the cast member took them for 'safe keeping'- very amusing!

Snow White- saw the apple symbol on my ipad and was very concerned that a poor, unsuspecting soul had taken a bite out of my apple and was now asleep and I needed to leave the world showcase and find them, ASAP!

Tigger- bounced with me, gestured that he wanted a kiss, then went all shy when I kissed his nose and he held my hand and spun me around whilst Pooh was cuddling my niece and giving her kisses. Pooh then saw one of my pins and gave me big hug and acted all excited.

Pluto- nothing special apart from being exceptionally happy and bouncy! He acted more like a Tigger than a Pluto

I had such an amazing time, I enjoyed seeing the characters more than riding Test Track and Mission Space! These are probably very normal experiences, but it felt a lot nicer than just Hug-Autograph-Picture-Goodbye !

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #14
CarolinaGirlTiss
Mouseketeer

Many, many, many years ago when my family first visited Disney, (I think I was 12). Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum bum rushed my little brother and tickled him until he almost wet his pants. We have a great picture of that. My brother didn't like it much and I think he would probably avoid them if he saw them in the park now.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #15
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

When my 3 boys were about 3, 5, and 7, they had just perfected the art of "armpit toots.". While eating at Chef Mickey's, they started demonstrating for Chip and Dale, who bent double laughing and started doing them with my boys. Totally unplanned, and completely hysterical! We have the cutest picture of my youngest laughing his head off at Chip and Dale!
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: