Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

MY Disney Experience site problems

Hello

Is anyone having issues with the new Disney site? I had set mine all up a few weeks ago, and now, when it's almost time to take care of my online check-in, it doesn't recognize any of my reservations...Resort or dining. It also doesn't recognize all of the friends and family i've entered.

When i tried to enter and link my reservations, it says that it's already linked, but i still see nothing.

Anyone else having this issue...or others?

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

I have read on here that the solution to getting off the new site and back onto the old site is to click on the "make maps" link. This will take you to the old website and you shouldn't have anymore of the glitchy problems that seem to always occur on this new "my disney experience" site. Hope that helps.
nonstopdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Hello

Is anyone having issues with the new Disney site? I had set mine all up a few weeks ago, and now, when it's almost time to take care of my online check-in, it doesn't recognize any of my reservations...Resort or dining. It also doesn't recognize all of the friends and family i've entered.

When i tried to enter and link my reservations, it says that it's already linked, but i still see nothing.

The new site seems kind of glitchy, unfortunately, it's not consistent among users. I can see my resort and dining reservations (both made before and after the new site rolled out). I would try cleaning your cookies and cache, closing the browser, and re-starting as a first step. Sometimes, I've found that helped me when the "new" site would get hung-up. Good luck!

(nonstopdisneymom suggestion did seem to work for me...as in I can see the "old" pages, but it wouldn't let me see the details of any of my reservations - sigh...)
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
disndatworld
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello

I was having the same issue and I found that I must have 2 accounts... even though they are using the same email account (which most sites prevent you from doing).

One account was using a username, and the other the email account (as the username). Depending on which one I logged in with, I pulled up a different account.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
BenKling
Mouseketeer

I also was experience issues. Made reservations today, and tried to make a payment, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. The website also couldn't find my confirmation, even though I had done it through the new site just hours before.

I've been making sure to keep all the confirmation emails, in case something gets lost again.

BenKling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I can check in, because I am under the 60 mark, but they want a credit card on file. I never put a credit card on file. so I opted out.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
alhurricane
DisDads #733

I booked our trip yesterday and noticed that the new website did not list how many days our tickets were for or an option to pay. I used the online chat and a very nice cast member explained those are two major bugs on the new site that have been reported. He gave me a link to access the old site that had my reservation and an option to pay. I would suggest using the chat to get that link.
alhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #8
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disndatworld View Post
I was having the same issue and I found that I must have 2 accounts... even though they are using the same email account (which most sites prevent you from doing).

One account was using a username, and the other the email account (as the username). Depending on which one I logged in with, I pulled up a different account.
I did have my password changed....and in the process, it showed me many accounts i made over the years. I probably messed up there. I was actually kind of shocked...didn't know i created all these accounts. Hope Disney can help me consolidate everything into one account. Thanks

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I can check in, because I am under the 60 mark, but they want a credit card on file. I never put a credit card on file. so I opted out.
Would that make you unable to do the FP+ or will FP+ have no bearing on early check in?

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #10
disndatworld
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I did have my password changed....and in the process, it showed me many accounts i made over the years. I probably messed up there. I was actually kind of shocked...didn't know i created all these accounts. Hope Disney can help me consolidate everything into one account. Thanks
Glad to hear you figured it out (at least part of it). I build portal sites and mobile apps very similar to this Disney site/app. This disney app has a lot of features, but I'm actually surprised at the issues. I think they are working with a complex set of issues because the are trying to combine accounts from many different parent/sibling entities (abc, disney, espn, etc.) and I bet in the past even all the disney sites did not share a common account. I think you should just choose 1 account and let that be the one you use going forward... that's what I did.

All the best.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
MelanieRI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I heard it wasn't taking it's own Disney Visa card and when I went to do online check in - sure enough, it didn't for me also. So, I didn't put any cc info in and I was still able to finish online check in and create PINs for myself and people in my party. Did you actually try to finish without putting in cc info?

Melanie

Next trip to Walt Disney World:
April 2015
MelanieRI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: