Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
skilesare
Mouseketeer

Thoughts on our Plans and Options - 2/26-27

Love to get some feedback on our first couple of days as they will color the rest of the trip.

Me - 35
DW - 32
DS - 4 and very tall(can ride almost anything...maybe even Everest if he wants too)
DD - 18 Months

We will be driving from Houston overnight starting at about 3 on Monday afternoon with my wife and I trading nap times. We're hoping the kids get some sleep. If they don't we'll probably scrap our first day plans and rest.

26th - 6AM Check in at POP and get tickets. Doubt they will have a room ready but since it is supposed to be a 'weak' crowd, maybe they will.

Anyone ever have trouble checking in this early at POP?

Our daughter usually naps around noon, but we're hoping we can have her crash in the stroller. Our son did this on our trip a couple of years ago and so we're hoping she will too and we can stick around the parks longer.

26th - AK morning and maybe Electrical Parade and Wishes in the evening
ADRs
2pm - Yak and Yeti - may cancel and just get BBQ
5PM - Grand Floridian Cafe - If we decide to do Electrical Parade and Wishes we'll probably go with this reservation. Anyone think we'll have an issue eating and getting to MK by 7?
6:10 PM - Shutters - If we don't do Fireworks I set this up so we could see another resort and because of the recent review on the podcast.

TP:
AK Rope Drop
Head to DinoLnad
Triceratops
Primeval w/ Rider Swap x2
BoneYard (FP runner gets Safari FP). Snack for Kids.
Non-Runner takes kids to Camp Mini-Mickey to see characters and get in line for Lion King. Do we need to bother getting there early for 1st show on a Most Recommended Day?
Should be out at 11 and hoping our FPs are active for Safari.
If not Safari we will do the Pagani Trail and then Safari

Noon - At this point we'll make a judgment call about how our littlest one is doing.

Option A: Flame Tree BBQ and Runner gets a FP for a ride for DS and DH to ride(Everest). DW takes DD back to room for a Nap and I take son on Everest or Dinosaur w/ Tough to be a bug before joining them.

Option B: If she gets a good nap going and DH/DW head to Mahraj Trek for stroller nap and FP pickup for Everest. Does the Mahraj trail have stairs? Is it stroller friendly?. The other parent takes DS to see Nemo musical @1 Do we need to get there early for a 1pm show?

Hopefully our room will be ready and we can head back to the resort around 2PM/2:30 to unpack. At this point we'll decide on Electrical Parade/Wishes. My guess is that we will be dead tired and ready for an early night. We'll try to do the Electrical parade on Friday or Saturday.

27th - Magic Kingdom
ADRs:
Noon: Liberty Tree: We like this place. I know it gets panned, but its like a thanksgiving dinner!
6:35PM Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Boardwalk Are there fun things for a 4yo and 18mo to do at the Boardwalk? My wife an I loved Jellyrolls before the kids but I don't think that is on the agenda this time.
6:20 - Portobello @ DD - If the Boardwalk doesn't look fun we'll do DD. My wife loves the shopping over there.

TP:
8:30 RD
Get Pan FP
Dumbo
Barnstormer
(Get Disconnected FP for kid's favorite..Probably 2BS and 1Dumbo for the baby)
Pooh
By now it should be 9:45. We were thinking of doing Little mermaid Next, but maybe we should FP this for later?
Use PP FP
Use Extra FP in the Circus

10:30 - Head to BTM and Rider Swap if line is short, FP if not. Runner goes to get Jungle Cruise FP if not FP BTM
Snack for the Baby

10:55 - Meet at Pirates and ride
If JC FP window then ride other wise pick between Aladin/Tiki/TreeHouse/Bears until FP Time.

Noon: Lunch

12:45 - other Aladin/Tiki/Treehouse/Bears while DS goes back to Big Thunder with Rider Swap with other Parent(Get BTM FP)
1:30 - BTM FP or Tom Sawyer
2:00 - BTM FP or Tom Sawyer

2:30 - Here we will decide again if / who needs rests.

Stay: More Fantasland: Maybe get a Pooh/Pan/Mermaid FP? Small World, Philiharmagic. We'll save Tomorrow land for later in the week.

Go: Back for a rest and then dinner at Boardwalk or DD.
skilesare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Tigger1221
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilesare View Post

Anyone ever have trouble checking in this early at POP?
We drive over night so DD will sleep the whole way. We have done this twice and gotten in around 7am. Both times they had us a room ready. We needed the rest. On the first day we relax and get to the parks maybe a little before or after lunch.

26th - AK morning and maybe Electrical Parade and Wishes in the evening
ADRs
I personally think this is a lot. The first trip we drove overnight we went to MK. After the fireworks and Parade I was about to melt down. I was worn out and grumpy!

TP:
Non-Runner takes kids to Camp Mini-Mickey to see characters and get in line for Lion King. Do we need to bother getting there early for 1st show on a Most Recommended Day?
We never got there early for a show and were fine.

Noon - At this point we'll make a judgment call about how our littlest one is doing.

Option B: If she gets a good nap going and DH/DW head to Mahraj Trek for stroller nap and FP pickup for Everest. Does the Mahraj trail have stairs? I think there is an upper platform to view the tiggers that does but you can see them other places too Is it stroller friendly?.Yes, we did this a few times. The other parent takes DS to see Nemo musical @1 Do we need to get there early for a 1pm show? I would get there a little early. Another option is if you little one is asleep they will allow the stroller in the bird show but if she wakes up you will have to take the stroller out. We saw this twice (2 different days). while DD slept.

27th - Magic Kingdom

6:35PM Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Boardwalk Are there fun things for a 4yo and 18mo to do at the Boardwalk? My wife an I loved Jellyrolls before the kids but I don't think that is on the agenda this time. They used to have entertainment but I don't know if they still do. It was things like juggling and magic tricks. If not you they could play in the sand and there are a few shops
6:20 - Portobello @ DD - If the Boardwalk doesn't look fun we'll do DD. My wife loves the shopping over there. I would do DTD. Lego store, toy store, T-rex cafe looks cool.

TP:
8:30 RD
Get Pan FP
Dumbo
Barnstormer
(Get Disconnected FP for kid's favorite..Probably 2BS and 1Dumbo for the baby)
Pooh
By now it should be 9:45. We were thinking of doing Little mermaid Next, but maybe we should FP this for later?
Use PP FP
Use Extra FP in the Circus

10:30 - Head to BTM and Rider Swap if line is short, FP if not. Runner goes to get Jungle Cruise FP if not FP BTM
Snack for the Baby

10:55 - Meet at Pirates and ride
If JC FP window then ride other wise pick between Aladin/Tiki/TreeHouse/Bears until FP Time.

Noon: Lunch

12:45 - other Aladin/Tiki/Treehouse/Bears while DS goes back to Big Thunder with Rider Swap with other Parent(Get BTM FP)
1:30 - BTM FP or Tom Sawyer
2:00 - BTM FP or Tom Sawyer

2:30 - Here we will decide again if / who needs rests. If the little one is napping it would be a good time to do some rider swaps if you want to do more. If both need rest I suggest a snack (YUM!) or some shopping

Stay: More Fantasland: Maybe get a Pooh/Pan/Mermaid FP? Small World, Philiharmagic. We'll save Tomorrow land for later in the week.

Go: Back for a rest and then dinner at Boardwalk or DD.
Answers in Purple

April 2013-DD's 3rd trip, Dec.2012, Oct.2012- DD's 1st trips!!!!
Tigger1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
skilesare
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the feedback! I won't be too bummed if we have to punt AK. The Kids went to the Zoo today....I know disney does it better, but I like the other parks so much more.
skilesare is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: