Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #136
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Hmmm my tour is booked for 4/24/13 and I haven't been told it's cancelled yet... but someone who has a tour booked 4/29/13 has been cancelled and refunded.. anyone see a problem with that?!?! Wonder when I'll be cancelled and refunded??

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #137
Marjx3
Earning My Ears

We have a June tour scheduled and when I called the other day the CM said it was still on no worries....
Marjx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #138
Terriberry54
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Hmmm my tour is booked for 4/24/13 and I haven't been told it's cancelled yet... but someone who has a tour booked 4/29/13 has been cancelled and refunded.. anyone see a problem with that?!?! Wonder when I'll be cancelled and refunded??

~Nannette
Our April 22 Segway tour was canceled. I just don't get it. Wish Disney was more forthcoming in the reason.

That's me Terri and DH
Terriberry54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #139
mcraige
DIS Veteran

We were there on 3/14 and there was a Segway tour that went by us.
Disney World May 1998 - Off Site; September 1998 - Off Site; October 1999 - Off Site; March 2000 - All Star Music; March 2002 - All Star Movies; March 2004 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); December 2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); November 2010 - Old Key West (DVC); July 2011 - Off Site; November 2012 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2013 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); May/June 2014 - Beach Club Villas/Kidani Village Vero Beach March 2004, July 2009 Disney Cruise Line May 2003, July 2009 Disneyland December 2002/January 2003 - Off Site; August 2008 - Off Site
mcraige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #140
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Ok just got a reply back from IPO this is what they said As of right now, we are still being told The Keep Moving Forward Segway Tour is cancelled indefinitely. We have not been given any information on if or when it will resume. I do apologize for the inconvenience." My refund is now forthcoming.

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #141
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcraige
We were there on 3/14 and there was a Segway tour that went by us.
This is at least the second time in this thread where it's been reported that they saw a tour after they were canceled.

I have to ask, did it look like a tour or was it just a group of people riding around on segways?

Don't Epcot managers ride around in segways and could it have been a group of them just going somewhere?

Last edited by chartle; 03-23-2013 at 06:51 PM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #142
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette

~Nannette
Someone posted last week that their 3/24 tour was still scheduled. Wonder if its still on?

What time is your tour? Could it be that they cancelled, say, the later tours in April but not the early ones. If this is some kind of legal matter, time and crowds may be a factor.

I was operating on the assumption that I'll be cancelled. But now I'm planning for the tour again. If its cancelled I'll go to my backup plan.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #143
Figee17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figee17 View Post
I called again this past weekend about our tour scheduled for March 24 and was told that we should be expecting a call about a cancellation soon. Its less than a week away now and though I KNOW it will be cancelled, I am confused as to why the CM I spoke to, saying it was not going to run, wouldn't have canceled it and tried to re-book me on something else. I will only be there on a day trip really, so scheduling another tour isn't something I would want to do so I am willing to wait and see what their response will be. Strange.
I hope they run it again someday, I was really looking forward to it!
Well, I went yesterday morning, when my tour was scheduled and was told it was canceled. I stated that I had heard they had been canceled so I had called twice in the last two weeks only to be told I was still scheduled for it. They were very nice about it and allowed us to go into the park for the morning EMH even though we aren't staying on property and gave us two paper vouchers that were good for our party of 3 people that worked as fastpasses. Just walked up to the fastpass return line at any time and showed them the voucher and off we went! They were limited to one ride per voucher but the CM at the Norway ride didn't take it so we used it again for Soarin'. They also converted our annual passes to RFID while we were at the customer service window instead of having to head over to the Odyssey building. BUMMED the Segway tour wasn't running, but we had a great day anwyays.
Figee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #144
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I went yesterday morning, when my tour was scheduled and was told it was canceled. I stated that I had heard they had been canceled so I had called twice in the last two weeks only to be told I was still scheduled for it. They were very nice about it and allowed us to go into the park for the morning EMH even though we aren't staying on property and gave us two paper vouchers that were good for our party of 3 people that worked as fastpasses. Just walked up to the fastpass return line at any time and showed them the voucher and off we went! They were limited to one ride per voucher but the CM at the Norway ride didn't take it so we used it again for Soarin'. They also converted our annual passes to RFID while we were at the customer service window instead of having to head over to the Odyssey building. BUMMED the Segway tour wasn't running, but we had a great day anwyays.
I'm glad they took care of you. But seriously, they need to get their act together on this. That's just sad.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #145
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm so sorry. I would have been super mad if I'd called to confirm, then arrived to find it cancelled. Very glad you had a great day anyways!
heathere3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #146
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Well, I went yesterday morning, when my tour was scheduled and was told it was canceled. I stated that I had heard they had been canceled so I had called twice in the last two weeks only to be told I was still scheduled for it.
I think I would have gone ballistic at that point. It's one thing to cancel something, quite another to tell the guest twice that is definitely still on, only for you to only find out that it's cancelled when you walk up for your tour - and still without any kind of explanation for the debacle! What a mess.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #147
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I think I would have gone ballistic at that point. It's one thing to cancel something, quite another to tell the guest twice that is definitely still on, only for you to only find out that it's cancelled when you walk up for your tour - and still without any kind of explanation for the debacle! What a mess.

Andre
I am glad the PP did not go "ballistic". It is not the CM's fault that this miscommunication happened and the CM appears to have done the best they could under the circumstances. Now, would I make sure to file a complaint? Yes because there was obviously a breakdown somewhere... but "go ballistic"? No.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #148
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

I agree. No reason to go ballistic since we're all expecting it anyway. But I agree that it's ridiculous that they aren't cancelling them consistently. It's one thing to hold off on cancelling too far out, if they think they will rebook them. It's another to just miss people in the cancellation process.

So far I haven't heard of any being cancelled past May 1, so I'm still hopeful. But I already made a park plan assuming the tour is cancelled, so no worries either way.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #149
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
I agree. No reason to go ballistic.
Sorry, I should rephrase that, I was meaning it in the "get cross with Disney as a company" way, not that you should take it out on the poor Guest Relations CM who is only trying her best to help resolve a situation which the company really should have fixed for you long before you arrive at the desk at early o'clock in the morning for a booked tour.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #150
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

The other issue is how the cancellations are communicated. Could it be that they try to contact some people using a single method and those people never receive the message?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: