Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
PookaJean
Mouseketeer

2 ressies for the same time period?

Can I have 2 ressies for the same week? I will be staying at FW in a campsite and my family will be at Pop. They have the free dining pin and was thinking of having my brother put me on his ressie to get the free dining. Can this be done? Also, would I have to be there at check in or could he do it without me with a package?
Old 06-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
ftballfan7
DIS Veteran

I see no reason why you couldn't do this as long as you remain within the room occupancy limits. We once had a second reservation at a value so we could get a few nights of free dining even though we are already on a DVC reservation. We didn't break any rules and it worked out well for us.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Actually, Disney does frown on it. If you call and ask they will tell you it is not allowed. However, them actually finding out is another thing.

How many people does your brother have on his reservation? Would you put him over the occupancy limit? Will you be a 3rd adult? Then you would have to pay the extra adult per night fee.

Some time ago there was a poster who booked 2 resorts--one Disney resort (the Poly, I think) and the Dolphin. They left their room at the Poly for a few days. When they went to use that room key and the dining credits to pay for a meal, they found out their reservation had been cancelled. If you don't use your room for a while a notice is sent to alert the front desk. In this case it was thought the room had been abandoned, and the cards cancelled, and all of their stuff packed up.

Not sure how often that happens.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
PookaJean
Mouseketeer

He is the only one in the room so it would not put him over occupancy. Actually we decided not to do it because I will be there 4 days before them and needed tickets before they arrive so I purchased our AP's yesterday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: