Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #16
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

Every time DW and I go to WDW, it's like a first date all over again.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #17
taythegibs
Professional Pirate

yep, spent the day in mk, then watched the fireworks from the poly beach. it was an epic day.

EPCOT FW Custodial Aug 2010-Jan 2011
Qisney Quest Attractions Jan 2011-May 2011
POTC Attractions Aug 2012-Jan 2013
POTC Attractions-ct Jan 2013-????

taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
jelaine143
Earning My Ears

I would LOVE that!!!! Anyone wanna take me?!?!?!??
jelaine143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
jennyf2
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

I would a first date at Disney..... Hopefully in the near future!

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #20
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
Interesting question because I went to Mickey's BBQ as a first date .And got plastered and this guy wanted me to dance with his wife .Wild night indeed.
OK, this sounds like my kind of date! Simply amazing
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #21
Tammy296
DIS Veteran

I love this thread! How magical it seems that this would happen...

Me? I'm going in 4 weeks SOLO -- going to be very strange as its my first time but yes I think wow how wonderful it would be to have a first date with someone there!! <3

T

-----------------------------
All Star Sports May 1997; Pop Century May 1999; Pop Century May 2010; Port Orleans French Quarter Nov 2010; Port Orleans Resort New Rooms Sept/Oct 2012; FIRST SOLO STAY: Beach Club/POP Century Mar 2013; POR Oct 2013
Tammy296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #22
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

It happens folks!

This very thing happened to me. I met my now husband on the DISboards in 2011 when we were both planning solo trips on this very board. We agreed to meet up. We met up and hung out but went our separate ways the next day. The following the day we agreed to meet up as we both had been thinking about each other a lot. We met up right outside Star Tours and decided to go to dinner together as an official date. We went to Narcoossee's walked up and asked for a table. I got to see the water pageant for the very first time. We then went into Magic Kingdom and watched wishes holding hands. It was EMH that night so we stayed and closed down the park. We then went back to his room at the contemporary which had a MK view and we talked until 4am. We had our first kiss on that balcony. I went back to my room and the next day he was supposed to leave. He ended up changing his plans and he stayed with me until I left. He went back to chicago and I went home to texas. 1 month later he came to texas and we become official, another month later he moved to texas and on our 1 year anniversary we got married. We will be married 9 months on April 1st.

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #23
Tom999
Earning My Ears

would LOVE that!!!!
Tom999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #24
belle032
Mouseketeer

I met my (now) fiance 2 years ago when we were both CMs working at the Tower of Terror. I know, romantic place right? Our 1st date was Fantasmic because he had never seen it and walking the Poly beach until we got kicked off about 3 am. We have since moved out of Orlando but he proposed last September during a visit in the TOT library after the preshow. It was perfect for us! I only wish we could have gotten our engagement pics when we were there!

University of Kentucky Alumna
belle032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #25
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle032 View Post
I met my (now) fiance 2 years ago when we were both CMs working at the Tower of Terror. I know, romantic place right? Our 1st date was Fantasmic because he had never seen it and walking the Poly beach until we got kicked off about 3 am. We have since moved out of Orlando but he proposed last September during a visit in the TOT library after the preshow. It was perfect for us! I only wish we could have gotten our engagement pics when we were there!
that is really awesome have you considered a disney wedding? Also I see you are running the 10 miler so are my husband and I and a bunch of other disney brides. Maybe our paths will cross.

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #26
belle032
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
that is really awesome have you considered a disney wedding? Also I see you are running the 10 miler so are my husband and I and a bunch of other disney brides. Maybe our paths will cross.
I did consider a Disney wedding, but it's just not in the budget for us especially because we both have large families. So I'm settling for a Disney cruise honeymoon

I am running the 10 miler, probably with my mom...can't seem to get the fiance motivated enough to do it with me! If she can't run, I'll do it solo! But yes, hopefully we will run into each other, I'd love to meet some others from the boards. I haven't been lucky enough to have a Dismeet yet!

University of Kentucky Alumna
belle032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #27
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

My fiancé and I had our first date at Disneyland! That was in 2005, and now we're getting married at the Swan in November.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #28
Dr Batman
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Found this board because I was curious if anyone had a 1st date at Disney... Well... I have one coming up on Easter Sunday 3/31 at the Magic Kingdom! We met online 2 weeks ago and the idea sort of started as a joke.

Wish us luck!
Paul
Dr Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #29
goofy_joe
Mouseketeer

Good luck! I hope you have a wonderful time, and lots to talk about. And hopefully the crowds aren't too crazy for you two!

I had a "friend date" last year with a college classmate I hadn't seen in a few years. She and I went to La Hacienda de San Angel, which was the first time eating there for both of us. We then went over to France for dessert, watched the fireworks, and then went back for a drink at Boardwalk before I saw her off at the bus stop. We're just friends, and that's what the understanding was, but it laid a pretty good template in my mind for what a great Disney date would be like with the right person.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #30
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

I worked at Disneyland in 80's and took my now-wife there for our first date. I was a poor college student but could sign us in to the park for free. Dinner was burgers at the Stage Door cafe in Frontierland. We talked and talked and really hit it off. We were married three years later and as fate would have it, Epcot was opening up and Disney offered this incredible deal to Disneyland cast members of round trip airfare, 7 nights in a hotel, park admissions, a behind the scenes tour and our cast member discounts applied to merchandise (35% at that time) and the whole thing was (wait for it) $500 per person. Airfare actually dropped between the time we booked to when we got there, and Walt Disney Travel had a rebate check for us (around $120 back I think) when we arrived. Amazing. There were lots of Disneyland cast members there, and WDW held a special reception for all of us when we arrived. So we had our honeymoon at Walt Disney World and got to see a brand new Epcot. 5 years ago, we celebrated our 25th anniversary at Wilderness Lodge and had, if you can believe it, even more fun than our honeymoon. It was just the two of us for four days and we never ran out of things to talk about. We are returning again this year, but not for the 30th anniversary we just celebrated (my wife is not quite the Disney fanatic I am) but because my daughter is graduating from college (cum laude) and she chose WDW to celebrate!

Last edited by SkywayGuy; 03-31-2013 at 04:44 PM.
SkywayGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: