Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I can't remember this, but..

when booking a fantasmic package, do you have to pay separately for it or can you use a table service dining credit? I've booked it so many times, but now I can't remember!

This time...Port Orleans French Quarter

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
sweeteypie1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

You can use DDP/DxDP credits for the F!Dining Packages. HBD costs 2 credits and Mama Melrose and H&V cost 1 credit. You pay for it at the time of the meal (it's not a pre-pay, AFAIK).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

thanks...that's what I thought. I wish they had a seperate fantasmic menu and give you cheaper options at Brown Derby so you can use only 1 credit. We are doing the regular dining plan this trip. We did deluxe last trip and I was popping tums and downing pepto all week. Too much food!! I don't know why, but I'm never thrilled with Mama Melrose and have never tried Hollywood and Vine

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
Old 08-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

With FP+ available for Fantasmic, you really don't need the Dining Package. You can get the Fant FP as your 4th or 5th FP of the day and the complete left side of the amphitheater is designated as the FP area.

If there is a 2nd Fant show, you can go to that one with very little wait and the center sections are available for seating because there are no Dining Package guests at the 2nd show. That way you can save on a Dining credit.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I agree that with FP+ it seems like there is less of a need for the dining package. That being said, if you were going to eat at Mama Melrose or HBD and were already planning on using the DDP, it's worth it to do the package because then your meal includes an appetizer.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
With FP+ available for Fantasmic, you really don't need the Dining Package. You can get the Fant FP as your 4th or 5th FP of the day and the complete left side of the amphitheater is designated as the FP area.

If there is a 2nd Fant show, you can go to that one with very little wait and the center sections are available for seating because there are no Dining Package guests at the 2nd show. That way you can save on a Dining credit.
Ohh...I didnt think of that. We were in Disneyland for our last Disney trip, so it will be 2 years since being in DW when our trip comes around. I haven't experienced fp+ yet and still trying to learn about it. Would it count as 1 of your first 3 preloaded passes or is it seperate?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteypie1118 View Post
Ohh...I didnt think of that. We were in Disneyland for our last Disney trip, so it will be 2 years since being in DW when our trip comes around. I haven't experienced fp+ yet and still trying to learn about it. Would it count as 1 of your first 3 preloaded passes or is it seperate?
After you have used your initial 3 FP+, you can get more, one at a time. Try for a Fant as your 4th or 5th FP of the day... Any FP after the initial 3 has to be chosen from a kiosk or iPad CM while in the park.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:57 AM   #8
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Ok..thanks. I wasn't sure that was something you could do at a kiosk. Well great...I don't have to do the fantasmic dining package! Yay! I don't really mind paying 2 credits for Brown Derby, but I want to surprise my son with Dine with an Imagineer, so that would be eating at Brown Derby twice. We aren't really into seafood, so I'm afraid to do the flying fish one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: