Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Andiamo
Earning My Ears

Feb 27th to March 3rd.

We are heading to AK these days. Anyone have any thoughts on crowds? We have never been there this time of year.
Andiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

I don't understand. Are you just visiting Animal Kingdom that week or are you staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge It is hard to give advice not knowing what weeks you have been for comparison. Check out easywdw.com for some detailed crowd calendars.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Andiamo
Earning My Ears

We are staying at AK .We are arriving the 27th and leaving the 3rd. I really thought it would be quite mild being Feb.I was referring to the hotel and DW in general.Thanks. Checked out some of the crowd calendars but some of them seem to need an update and people on here usually have the first hand experience.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Oh, OK. AK is Animal Kingdom, the park. AKL is Animal Kingdom Lodge, the resort. The week you are going should be moderately busy as it is end of winter break for lots of NE and also early spring break. It will not be crazy Christmas/Easter crowded. We do fine any week by being at the park for rope drop and using fast pass. The key to making this work is actually getting to the park for rope drop I know that sounds dumb, but I read so many trip reports where people say they planned on early arrival but couldn't get up in time, someone was dragging their feet etc..The other side of this is don't expect to do late nights and rope drops, that just makes for a miserable time overall. If your family can't/won't do rope drops, just use fast pass and realize you won't get to do as much.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Andiamo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom
Oh, OK. AK is Animal Kingdom, the park. AKL is Animal Kingdom Lodge, the resort. The week you are going should be moderately busy as it is end of winter break for lots of NE and also early spring break. It will not be crazy Christmas/Easter crowded. We do fine any week by being at the park for rope drop and using fast pass. The key to making this work is actually getting to the park for rope drop I know that sounds dumb, but I read so many trip reports where people say they planned on early arrival but couldn't get up in time, someone was dragging their feet etc..The other side of this is don't expect to do late nights and rope drops, that just makes for a miserable time overall. If your family can't/won't do rope drops, just use fast pass and realize you won't get to do as much.
Thanks so much! I didn't count on other states winter breaks. In NJ they cancelled the winter breaks due to Hurricane Sandy. We will get up early for rope drop . We got a bit spoiled from last years trip to Disneyland,Ca.in Sept.It was a smaller crowd till 2 or 3pm or so.Most people rushed to Cars-land and the rest of the park was a dream.Mickeys Toon town felt like we rented it out for ourselves. I appreciate the advice! A good plan helps!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Have a great time !
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
whitestavern
Earning My Ears

We have gone that week three different times and it's always been a moderate crowd...very doable. Weather is usually great too. Have a great time!
whitestavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
DT83097
DIS Veteran

We will be there the same days (staying at BLT). Expecting moderate crowds (3-5's on crowd calendars we use) but I think it will be a great time to visit!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
lisagirl88
Mouseketeer

We were there that exact week last year and two years ago and found the crowds to be light to moderate. The weather was great and the lines were fairly short!!! We will be back down there this year at that time, but we will be doing all the SW parks this time Enjoy!!!
lisagirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: