Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

Talking Day at Discovery Cove-Awesome!!

DH and I spent our Anniversary day at Discovery Cove Friday, Feb. 8th. It was the best day of our vacation! We enjoyed everything- swimming in the Grand Reef over sharks, with the fish, rays, and an eel. We loved the warm lazy river and seeing the otters play like puppies. The food was good. It was nice to not worry about carrying around money or budgeting for the meals. And we took advantage of the free cocktails, from the alotta (pina) colada to the iced tea (mixing in some frozen lemonade!). We didn't do the dolphin swim, but that's ok, we had the time to relax in the sunshine listening to the music. We would definitely go back, no question about it!

OH! we also enjoyed a (free) half day at SW, arriving at opening and leaving at 1:30. a nice bonus!
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Isn't it just an amazing place? I am glad you enjoyed your time there!

We have also done a visit with no dolphin swim, and it was incredible. We didn't miss the swim portion at all (though we had done it on a previous trip)....we actually quite liked having the whole day at our disposal, without having to worry about a pre-determined swim time.

I would have loved to build a DC day into our upcoming August vacation, but they have increased day resort admission from $69 to $109 for annual passholders. So it looks like we will take a pass in 2013.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Isn't it just an amazing place? I am glad you enjoyed your time there!

We have also done a visit with no dolphin swim, and it was incredible. We didn't miss the swim portion at all (though we had done it on a previous trip)....we actually quite liked having the whole day at our disposal, without having to worry about a pre-determined swim time.

I would have loved to build a DC day into our upcoming August vacation, but they have increased day resort admission from $69 to $109 for annual passholders. So it looks like we will take a pass in 2013.
We are going back in 3 weeks, but didn't use my annual pass. We used a Xmas special they had emailed out. I will being giving up my AP when I return. I will use it for the parking and 10% only because my trip is so close!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: