DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
etemplet
Mouseketeer

Wait List Advice

I'd like to get a Studio Theme Park View at BLT in early December. We are wondering if wait listing this far ahead we have a chance at getting the rooms we want. I called Member Services and found out that we can have 2 wait lists which is what we are going to do.

This 11 month stuff happens pretty quick LOL. I guess I am too spontaneous for planning Disney Stuff.

1972 HS Band, Contemporary 1982 ($74 per night) with the Family, POR 2010 & 2011 with the family, now We own so we go a LOT !!

Last edited by etemplet; 02-20-2013 at 10:37 AM.
etemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
lin7
DIS Veteran

You have lots of time, rooms at BLT is hard to get, but it does pop up. One of my wait list days just came through yesterday morning for one day.

I actually had my entire trip booked at BLT one bedroom for the 9th-16th...but then we had to rebook because we had more to our party showing up a couple days later after our check in. My sister instead of callling member services she went and cancelled the reservations and tried to rebook it herself online. We ended up losing all 3 days, 9-12 some lucky person must have had it on their wait list lol

Luckily some studios have popped up, studios that werent initially available when we first booked.
lin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

First two weeks of December are some of the hardest nights to get in DVC. If you own at BLT, get on a waitlist. Then, at seven months, book at SSR or one of the other larger resorts, but keep your waitlist active and have it cancel the other reservation if it comes through. There should be substantial movement around the seven month mark as people with safety reservations at their home resort are trying to get into other resorts.

Also, if you don't have other waitlists, break your stay into two and create two shorter waitlists for now; shorter waitlists are easier to fill. That may be difficult to coordinate with a 7 month reservation, but maybe everything will settle before then.
BrerNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
etemplet
Mouseketeer

We just waitlisted both weeks separately. Hopefully one will come through. I'm not into jumping all around, changing rooms, additional reservations, etc.. If we don't get it, I'll chalk it up to stupidity and take my lumps. To me the real vacation is staying exactly where I want and I like BLT the best by far over other resorts.

1972 HS Band, Contemporary 1982 ($74 per night) with the Family, POR 2010 & 2011 with the family, now We own so we go a LOT !!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
LisaS
DIS Veteran

You have three things working against you:

1. Early December is one of the busiest times for DVC. The most popular rooms will sell out as soon as the 11-month window opens.

2. Theme Park view rooms at BLT are small in number and very popular.

3. Studios sell out before 1BRs.

By all means get on the waitlist but book something as a backup. Is Lakeview available at BLT for your dates? Otherwise try to grab something at another resort when your 7-month window opens.

Good luck but in future if you want to go in early December you should make your reservation the instant your 11-month window opens, by that I mean book online at 8am eastern time, 11 months out.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
You have three things working against you:

1. Early December is one of the busiest times for DVC. The most popular rooms will sell out as soon as the 11-month window opens.

2. Theme Park view rooms at BLT are small in number and very popular.

3. Studios sell out before 1BRs.

By all means get on the waitlist but book something as a backup. Is Lakeview available at BLT for your dates? Otherwise try to grab something at another resort when your 7-month window opens.

Good luck but in future if you want to go in early December you should make your reservation the instant your 11-month window opens, by that I mean book online at 8am eastern time, 11 months out.
BLT is pretty much booked up early December. I myself got lucky to grab standard view for 3 nights on the 11 month date. My father decided to go the same weekend and was going to book at the contemporary. I looked for availability but everything was booked solid. On a whim I decided to look over the weekend (before the website locked some of us out) and was able to find 2 of the 3 nights available......in a standard view! So we are wait listing the last night to try to get it for him. I've had BLT wait lists come through......it just takes patience. It may not happen until just after the 7 month mark.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
etemplet
Mouseketeer

We didn't have any issues last year and we booked later than this. I guess people have more money this year. LOL We can go anytime we want so it isn't a big deal. I kinda liked that time of year because the parks were not very crowded and we got to see the Christmas lights.

I booked almost the whole week in a Lake View, all I need is one day now but I prefer two. I'm gonna leave my Wait List up for the Theme Park View. DVC Membership told me that if I Wait List for the one or two nights I need, and I get them, that event will cancel my "wait list" for the Theme Park Week. Then, when I call back to restart my Theme Park View Wait List, We will be placed at the Bottom of the List.

Last edited by etemplet; 02-20-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #8
etemplet
Mouseketeer

Wow there sure is a lot of movement on these reservations. I look a few times a day and so does my wife. Unbelievable !!! One minute you look and there is a day missing from the stay you want, then no days available, it gets pretty exciting, LOL We were able to get the full amount of days we wanted on the exact dates we wanted them. We are good to but but I'd like to have the Theme Park View which is what we have waitlisted. Love the BLT !!! We're gonna keep checking, we might get what we want on our own, or something close.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: