Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 530

Be Our Guest really that hard to get?!?!

Hi, everyone. We will be staying at the Poly from August 11th-15th. I called on Tuesday, which was my 180 mark, to try and get a dinner reservation at BOG for August 14th - there was nothing available for any night of my trip before 8:30pm. I have 3 kids, the absolute latest we would want to eat is 8pm and much prefer the 5-7pm range for ADR's. I thought calling on the first possible day would get me a reservation but no such luck. This is insane.

How is the lunch there? How crazy have the lines been? Will it be impossible to get a table for a party of 5?
__________________
Lauren, wife of D, mom of 3 cute dancing girls

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Monorail Bob's dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran
 
AlohaAnnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Welcome Home
Posts: 2,700

I would keep trying on line for the reservation time you want. Something is off if you couldn't get it from the 180 day mark.
__________________
Me (Tina) DH (Shawn) DS (18) (Aaron) DD (13) (Allison) Aladdin (Buddy) Jasmine Lilo Stitch

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
bgraham34
Wilderness Lodger
 
bgraham34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 770

I would continue to check everyday. I heard that they open up more tables after the 180 day mark but not 100% positive.

The reason its not available is that you can book at 180 days plus 10. Which means if you have a trip starting 10 days before you can book for this date. Meaning you booked it at 190 days essentially.
__________________
Im Home!!


bgraham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
I would keep trying on line for the reservation time you want. Something is off if you couldn't get it from the 180 day mark.
This is what I thought, too, I called back again this morning and still nothing.
__________________
Lauren, wife of D, mom of 3 cute dancing girls

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Monorail Bob's dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
talulabelle
DIS Veteran
 
talulabelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,492

If you dont get a reservation, don't despair. My DD and I were just in WDW on a last minute trip on Sunday. I didn't have any reservations and didn't even think we would try to go there. WHen we passed by, DD asked if we could just give it a try and see if we could get in. We stood in a line about 10 people deep for 15 minutes at about 4pm. I didn't think there was any way we would get in. Once we got up to the desk I asked if there was anyway they could fit 2 of us at anytime for the day. He said that he could but it would be about a 35 -40 minute wait and we couldnt walk around, we had to wait on the bridge because our name might be called sooner. I asked if there was anyway we could get a later ressie and come back and he said that they were completey booked for the rest of the night. I didn't want to, but DD begged, so I gave in.

Ok - so here is the deal. The guys at the desk are big fat liars!!!! We went to wait on the bridge and as soon as I took 5 steps on to it I hear my name being called! So the waiter takes us in and the place is CAVERNOUS! Just HUGE! (fills the whole mountain) and COMPLETELY EMPTY - except for about 10 tables. In my opinion, Disney is on to the fact that they make a ridiculous amount of profit on their restaurants and they re-did Fantasy Land (which I didn't think was an improvement by the way - there is like hardly anything new in it) soley to make the worlds hugest restaurant in order to pack more people in and get more bucks. I think they are trying to create an "image" that it is impossible to get in - when it really isn't so that it is a must see/must do thing for people and they just keep raking in the money.

SO we had a nice waiter and I ask him why they acted like there was no way they could seat us when the place was empty and he sort of rolled is eyes and shook his head and siad since it is so huge- - beginning of dinner it is empty.ALso they seem to work in waves - emptying one side of the place at once while filling the other. Every table isnt truly taken at all times - you can be fit in. Also since it is so huge - they have that many more cancellations etc. They forced us to seat then because they needed us then to fill some tables - had we come back later- we probably could have got in then too - its just that they want to take everyones money - so they don't nessesarily want to make you happy with the time you get seated, but after you leave - there will be someone else that comes to take a seat. No one was getting turned away. my advise would be to go when you want to eat and they will probably fit you in. If you go earlier they will try to trick you in to thinking that is the only time you can eat. that was the thing that I was really annoyed about- they made us seat right then, even though I would have preferred to come back later. By the time we left (5:30?) more table were filling to the point that it didn't look empty - but still plenty of space. They also have whole other dining rooms off the main ball room that are curtained off and they open them as they need them (so that it won't look as empty as it is all the time).

They did the whole fake routine with the family in front of us (family of 8!!!) and acted like "oh- you are just so lucky - we just happened to have a large cancellation," the family looked like they had just won the lottery - then they walk in ahead of us to the huge ballroom with no one in it and there are about 100 table of 8 completey empty.

Sorry for the long post - but the bottom line is..just go up and ask for ressies. you will get in.
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,270
DISboards Moderator

Yes the restaurant is enormous. It's not at full capacity at dinner though - one of the dining rooms (the Rose Room) is closed for dinner. It is used for staging, so they don't open it. It's still enormous.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Dis703
DIS Veteran
 
Dis703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 933

Just keep checking. We didn't book our May trip until last month so we missed the 180day mark and it was entirely booked. I checked online 5-6 times a day and MANY reservations for BoG kept popping up. I took what I could get and kept changing it as better times popped up. We had our MK days planned out so I was waiting for one to pop up on a day we were already going to be at MK also at a decent time as we have three kids as well who won't do well after 8. I had at least 3 ADRs in the 7 to 7:30 range and finally one came in at 5:40 so we took it.

If you keep watching I'm sure you fill find what you are looking for. One tip, for whatever reason lunchtime is when I usually see the most new ADRs pop up online.

Good luck!
__________________
Me DH DS6 DS3 DS3

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran
 
ML_LovesDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,159

As others have said, keep checking. I had no problem getting reservations for our March trip or our July trip. There were several times open on a few days of our July trip (end of July)
__________________
Me DH DD 9 DD 6 SSR Feb. 2010, BWV & BCV Aug. 2010, BCV/BLT Aug. 2011, AKV Feb 2012, Disney Fantasy & BLT March 2013, AKV July 2013, Disney Magic/BLT Feb 2014, AKV- July 2014, BLT-Nov/Dec 2014
No Ticker right now
ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney
 
rdevine10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: a plane ride away from the Mouse!
Posts: 1,040

Keep checking! Yesterday I randomly found an 8:05 pm ressie and today I found one for an earlier time. "Just keep checking" instead of Nemo's just keep swimming
__________________
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal 7/14- Daytona Beach & Holiday Inn Resort Lake Beuna Vista 8/14- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Yes the restaurant is enormous. It's not at full capacity at dinner though - one of the dining rooms (the Rose Room) is closed for dinner. It is used for staging, so they don't open it. It's still enormous.
We at here at Thanksgiving in the rose room for dinner. When did they stop using that room for dinner? We really liked it in there! This restaurant was soooo worth the hassle of getting a ressie! DD wore her Belle dress and at the end of the meal, when you get to meet Beast, he danced with her and the PhotoPass person took some awesome pictures!!! It was definitely worth the pain to get into!!!!

Good luck, OP, on getting your ressie!!!!

This is a really bad pic but had to share, lol. I just sent this to my parents while on vacation, but you can still see how excited DD was!!!
__________________
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Kristy,
Mommy to Paisley and Tyler and Wife to Jonathan



Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!

Last edited by mommy2paisley; 02-14-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added Pic
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,270
DISboards Moderator

They used the Rose Room during the previews - my friends ate dinner in there. Possibly they use it on high volume days like Thanksgiving. When I was there for dinner, it was curtained off and used for staging.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran
 
GraceMonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 661

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
They used the Rose Room during the previews - my friends ate dinner in there. Possibly they use it on high volume days like Thanksgiving. When I was there for dinner, it was curtained off and used for staging.
They also used it during Christmas week. We were seated in there on the 27th of December. I actually enjoyed it because it was a lot quieter than the other rooms.
__________________


Me: DH:
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
talulabelle
DIS Veteran
 
talulabelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,492

We didnt see Beast when we were there for dinner- like I said- we went unexpectedly , so I hadn't researched what they do or when. What times is he there? Does he always do a receiving line?
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?
 
tarheelmjfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,043

BOG is the new "it" restaurant. Everyone wants to try it. It's definitely difficult to get. It doesn't help that many people are booking it for dessert only, when they could get the same dessert at lunch. Keep checking often. Hopefully, something will open up for you.
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(USO)
(")_(")


tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
Hopefully
DIS Veteran
 
Hopefully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Boston Area, MA
Posts: 9,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
If you dont get a reservation, don't despair. My DD and I were just in WDW on a last minute trip on Sunday. I didn't have any reservations and didn't even think we would try to go there. WHen we passed by, DD asked if we could just give it a try and see if we could get in. We stood in a line about 10 people deep for 15 minutes at about 4pm. I didn't think there was any way we would get in. Once we got up to the desk I asked if there was anyway they could fit 2 of us at anytime for the day. He said that he could but it would be about a 35 -40 minute wait and we couldnt walk around, we had to wait on the bridge because our name might be called sooner. I asked if there was anyway we could get a later ressie and come back and he said that they were completey booked for the rest of the night. I didn't want to, but DD begged, so I gave in.

Ok - so here is the deal. The guys at the desk are big fat liars!!!! We went to wait on the bridge and as soon as I took 5 steps on to it I hear my name being called! So the waiter takes us in and the place is CAVERNOUS! Just HUGE! (fills the whole mountain) and COMPLETELY EMPTY - except for about 10 tables. In my opinion, Disney is on to the fact that they make a ridiculous amount of profit on their restaurants and they re-did Fantasy Land (which I didn't think was an improvement by the way - there is like hardly anything new in it) soley to make the worlds hugest restaurant in order to pack more people in and get more bucks. I think they are trying to create an "image" that it is impossible to get in - when it really isn't so that it is a must see/must do thing for people and they just keep raking in the money.

SO we had a nice waiter and I ask him why they acted like there was no way they could seat us when the place was empty and he sort of rolled is eyes and shook his head and siad since it is so huge- - beginning of dinner it is empty.ALso they seem to work in waves - emptying one side of the place at once while filling the other. Every table isnt truly taken at all times - you can be fit in. Also since it is so huge - they have that many more cancellations etc. They forced us to seat then because they needed us then to fill some tables - had we come back later- we probably could have got in then too - its just that they want to take everyones money - so they don't nessesarily want to make you happy with the time you get seated, but after you leave - there will be someone else that comes to take a seat. No one was getting turned away. my advise would be to go when you want to eat and they will probably fit you in. If you go earlier they will try to trick you in to thinking that is the only time you can eat. that was the thing that I was really annoyed about- they made us seat right then, even though I would have preferred to come back later. By the time we left (5:30?) more table were filling to the point that it didn't look empty - but still plenty of space. They also have whole other dining rooms off the main ball room that are curtained off and they open them as they need them (so that it won't look as empty as it is all the time).

They did the whole fake routine with the family in front of us (family of 8!!!) and acted like "oh- you are just so lucky - we just happened to have a large cancellation," the family looked like they had just won the lottery - then they walk in ahead of us to the huge ballroom with no one in it and there are about 100 table of 8 completey empty.

Sorry for the long post - but the bottom line is..just go up and ask for ressies. you will get in.
Wow!!! So how do you really feel?
CM "liars", Disney "faking", just an "image"
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience. Most people do.
I agree as the current "in" restaurant it is hard to book. But no restaurant is 100% full exactly at opening. They have to ramp up. Servers need to be able to handle all their tables, the kitchen needs to be able to cook the food etc.
I hope your day gets better.
__________________
Hopefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.