Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
Armadillo4
DIS Veteran

Minivan Rental: Grand Caravan or Town & Country?

For those familiar with minivans, if you had a choice between a Dodge Grand Caravan or a Chrysler Town & Country, which would you choose? Or are the differences negligible?

For an upcoming trip, both my sister and I have minivans reserved with National. Based on reports, our choices with National--since we get to pick from available inventory--will most likely be the Grand Caravan or T&C. I had a co-worker recently return from a trip and she scouted the minivan aisle for me. When she checked, there were 4 Grand Caravans and 1 T&C available. Neither my sister or I are familiar with minivans so I thought I'd ask some DISers for their thoughts. Thanks for any and all opinions on these models!
Armadillo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
pr surfer
Beaches and Beers.

I rent these all the time for work, and save for a few trim differences, they're the same car. If it's a T&C Limited, it'll be a bit more luxurious. Generally, the Chrysler will be more luxurious than the Dodge.

If you're really lucky, they'll have the VW version (Routan), which is the most comfortable and well equipped of them.
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
pr surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #3
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
For those familiar with minivans, if you had a choice between a Dodge Grand Caravan or a Chrysler Town & Country, which would you choose? Or are the differences negligible?

For an upcoming trip, both my sister and I have minivans reserved with National. Based on reports, our choices with National--since we get to pick from available inventory--will most likely be the Grand Caravan or T&C. I had a co-worker recently return from a trip and she scouted the minivan aisle for me. When she checked, there were 4 Grand Caravans and 1 T&C available. Neither my sister or I are familiar with minivans so I thought I'd ask some DISers for their thoughts. Thanks for any and all opinions on these models!
Go with the T&C if possible. They have leather interiors, DVD players and are, IMHO, a much nicer van. You can also ask for one if you don't see one in the mini van section. I used to work for National and saw a lot of these.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr surfer View Post
I rent these all the time for work, and save for a few trim differences, they're the same car. If it's a T&C Limited, it'll be a bit more luxurious. Generally, the Chrysler will be more luxurious than the Dodge.

If you're really lucky, they'll have the VW version (Routan), which is the most comfortable and well equipped of them.
All the T&Cs now come with leather interior and DVD players. Much nicer than the Dodge. And a back up camera.

Last edited by gmeh1; 02-14-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #5
formill
DIS Veteran

We ended up with both on past trip as we had a flat tire on the Dodge-the Town and country did have the leather seats, one dvd player and a built in gps that the Dodge did not have. Other than that both seemed the same.
formill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
Armadillo4
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for your replies! We'll definitely pick a T&C if there's one available.

gmeh1, it's great to see you posting here again. Your insight into our National and Alamo questions has always been appreciated!
Armadillo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies! We'll definitely pick a T&C if there's one available.

gmeh1, it's great to see you posting here again. Your insight into our National and Alamo questions has always been appreciated!
Thanks Armadillo, I try to come here when time allows.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #8
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

We always choose the T&C over the caravan.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
pr surfer
Beaches and Beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
All the T&Cs now come with leather interior and DVD players. Much nicer than the Dodge. And a back up camera.
The backup camera is definitely a godsend, since I normally drive a Jetta. Backing up a minivan is not one of my talents. But since my travels are for business, and it's my coworkers and I, comfort is needed, not a DVD player

If by a stroke of luck they have the VW version (I've gotten them at MIA and TPA before, so they're definitely in their Florida fleet), it's even better than the T&C. More comfortable, and more goodies.
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
pr surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The backup camera is definitely a godsend, since I normally drive a Jetta. Backing up a minivan is not one of my talents. But since my travels are for business, and it's my coworkers and I, comfort is needed, not a DVD player

If by a stroke of luck they have the VW version (I've gotten them at MIA and TPA before, so they're definitely in their Florida fleet), it's even better than the T&C. More comfortable, and more goodies.
I have yet to see the VW version at MCO and I have seen a LOT of mini vans, Chryslers, Dodges( the largest inventory are the Dodge and Chrysler), Toyotas and the Nissan one but no VWs. In fact, very few VW anything is at MCO and I would notice, I cannot stand VW anything.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The DVD player also plays music and most of the new Chryslers have Sirus radio, if they have under 10K miles on them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: