Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
MercoBear
Dreaming of Moving to the Mouse

Bands, Brews, and BBQ concerts

The SeaWorld website says that the concerts start at 4pm each day. Does anyone know if there are multiple concerts throughout the day, like Disney has, or just one longer concert? I have to work until 5pm on Saturday and I was really hoping to see the Beach Boys.
MercoBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
jml06fsu
Earning My Ears

There is only one show per day, so The Beach Boys will be playing at 4 sorry
jml06fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
autigger
Mouseketeer

Is the BAND, BREWS, and BBQ area open before the concerts? Meaning, can you purchase food and beer around lunch time?
autigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by autigger View Post
Is the BAND, BREWS, and BBQ area open before the concerts? Meaning, can you purchase food and beer around lunch time?
I think they open the gate at 11 or 11:30 AM to begin serving lunches.

Never had Tony Roma BBQ.....anyone know if it is better than Sonnys?
Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabFlmom

I think they open the gate at 11 or 11:30 AM to begin serving lunches.

Never had Tony Roma BBQ.....anyone know if it is better than Sonnys?
My grandma loves Tony Romas. We have only eaten at Sonnys and really like it. I don't ever remember eating at Tonys.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
My grandma loves Tony Romas. We have only eaten at Sonnys and really like it. I don't ever remember eating at Tonys.

Thanks might try it tomorrow. Wonder how cold it will really be sitting in the stadium for the concert. I was cold last week and it wasn't even forecast that it was going to be cool. LOL
Old 02-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks might try it tomorrow. Wonder how cold it will really be sitting in the stadium for the concert. I was cold last week and it wasn't even forecast that it was going to be cool. LOL
Oh boy I forgot about this cold front. Bring a blanket to stay warm with.

We were there for new yrs eve. The 30th was freezing. The 31st was a bit warmer and not bad at all.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
Ali
DIS Veteran

People were waiting in the stadium at noon for the 4 o'clock concert with blankets covering them when I walked by today.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Yes, it was cold and windy at Bayside Stadium this afternoon, and I did see a few people with blankets (good thinking). That cold front is coming in for tomorrow! But it was a great concert, nevertheless.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #10
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehsun View Post
Yes, it was cold and windy at Bayside Stadium this afternoon, and I did see a few people with blankets (good thinking). That cold front is coming in for tomorrow! But it was a great concert, nevertheless.

It was a good concert. That cold wind was brutal . Got to wear a sweater I got for Christmas 2011 that I never wore before because it had not been cold enough. LOL I even wore....real shoes. By the middle of the concert I had my jacket on too.

They really packed the stadium and the grassy berm around the lake. We thought the people waiting in the stadium at noon were crazy. LOL I figured it would just be us older folk who would go see a 75 year old rocker. LOL We went to the Shamu show and then ate lunch and when we got back to the stadium about 2:30, the lower level already was filling up in the sections closest to the stage. We went upstairs because we could get seats 3rd row center. Actually a pretty good spot for concerts.

BTW....I didn't notice that they had opened up an area to eat the food you buy from the stands on the pathway to the stadium last week. So anyone going to the concerts, there are lots of long tables and chairs through the gates down by the Cecil's BBQ stand. There are like 2 or 3 areas back there with tables.....and there are some clean restrooms in that area too.

Does anyone know....did platinum pass holders have reserved seats or was the section roped off additional VIP seats that people paid $39 to sit in? It wasn't even a good section that was roped off. The map still said that Platinum passholders did not have reserved seats so couldn't figure out who they saved that whole section for... Our other thought was maybe -fanclub?
Anyone know.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #11
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to go next Saturday. DH said to take the girls with me and have fun. Also told my DD about Uncle Kracker and she can't wait for that one. Our song is Smile.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #12
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabFlmom View Post
Does anyone know....did platinum pass holders have reserved seats or was the section roped off additional VIP seats that people paid $39 to sit in? It wasn't even a good section that was roped off. The map still said that Platinum passholders did not have reserved seats so couldn't figure out who they saved that whole section for... Our other thought was maybe -fanclub?
Anyone know.
Now that you mention it, I remember seeing team members holding up a sign for reserved seating on the lower level. Good question - I'm not sure what it was for, though.

The section up front with the folding chairs (ground level) was most likely the VIP package that was $39.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #13
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Did you get to try out Tonys? How was it?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
Did you get to try out Tonys? How was it?
We went with the cheaper sandwiches at Sonny's but they weren't that good. Definitely weren't warm and sort of dry. Baked beans were good though.

People we shared table with got food from Tony's and it really looked good.
Will have to try them if I get to go to one of the other concerts. Just realized we are granddog sitting for my son's blind Australian Cattle Dog for 2 weeks so won't get to go because we can't leave him home alone at our house. Maybe my husband can do the sittin" and I can get some friends to go.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #15
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We went with the cheaper sandwiches at Sonny's but they weren't that good. Definitely weren't warm and sort of dry. Baked beans were good though.

People we shared table with got food from Tony's and it really looked good.
Will have to try them if I get to go to one of the other concerts. Just realized we are granddog sitting for my son's blind Australian Cattle Dog for 2 weeks so won't get to go because we can't leave him home alone at our house. Maybe my husband can do the sittin" and I can get some friends to go.
If I get to go Saturday I will let you know how it is. Hope you get to go back. I have three weekends picked out and DH has said he doesn't want to go to any of them. So it will be me and the dds.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: