Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

First cruise! A few questions

Hi! I just booked our first Disney cruise for February 26,2014.4 nights on the Wonder in the Bahamas. We are so excited but I have a few questions.

How much does it cost to dine at Palo?

The Palo brunch is only offered on at sea days, right? We have ports every day so I am thinking we may miss that. Big fat bummer.

I am a huge foodie. Would it be strange to order multiple apps or desserts at dinner jut so I could try them all?

I am hoping to get us a private cabana on the castaway adults only beach. What are the chances of a first timer getting one?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtwins1112 View Post
Hi! I just booked our first Disney cruise for February 26,2014.4 nights on the Wonder in the Bahamas. We are so excited but I have a few questions.

How much does it cost to dine at Palo? $20 (brunch & dinner)

The Palo brunch is only offered on at sea days, right? We have ports every day so I am thinking we may miss that. Big fat bummer. Guess you'll have to do another cruise, huh?

I am a huge foodie. Would it be strange to order multiple apps or desserts at dinner jut so I could try them all? Not at all, you may order whatever/however much you want.

I am hoping to get us a private cabana on the castaway adults only beach. What are the chances of a first timer getting one? Slim, but it has happened. Just keep checking the website daily, after your window opens.
See my answers in red.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Here are some more.

I know there is dinner every night,buffets,room service, and counter service,but can you do a sit down for breakfast and lunch? If so is there a charge and what restaurants can you go to?

I read on another board that the shows are aired on the stateroom TV as they happen. Is this true?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

Quote:

I know there is dinner every night,buffets,room service, and counter service,but can you do a sit down for breakfast and lunch? If so is there a charge and what restaurants can you go to?

I read on another board that the shows are aired on the stateroom TV as they happen. Is this true?
There is at least one restaurant open for a sit down breakfast and lunch. There is no additional cost. Your Navigator will tell you which restaurants are open.

I have seen the shows on TV. However I am not sure they are the ones showing live. They could be pre-recorded. Don't quote me on that.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe they are canned recordings, not live.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

On the Wonder Triton's is table service for breakfast/lunch. Parrot Cay is also a buffet for breakfast/lunch, but you will be seated and place your drink order before going to the buffet. No charge for those and hours will be in the Navigator.

The shows are aired on the TV in the room, most times at the same time as the shows (sometimes the morning after as well), but they are a taped show, not the actual one that's being done in the theatre.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: